PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked cars...Not cool...

racing#s
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I was a spectator at Wall this past Sunday. Great races,great place,but I had to voice my opinion on one thing. It seemed to me at one point in the 8cyl race I watched a bad deal go down. An 8cyl. car stalls,dies,on the front middle of the straightaway. The red flag flies..the officials came over to the Driver,he gets out.Then,it looked like he was pleading to the officials to get his car off the Track. Then after much talking,,he literally laid down on the track,on his back,right in front of his racecar. They argued back and forth,and the driver loses the argument,exits the track. We all know what's coming next,a few laps later,his car is DESTROYED on the track as it is drilled where it sat. I know,in traditional Enduros ,the car stays on the Track,but,maybe it should be re-thought. What a shame to see two cars get demolished.We all know,it takes ALOT of time,blood,sweat and money to build a car.Two cars were put out of commision for what ? I think dead cars should be yanked into the infield. Riverhead will pull the car off the Track,so should Wall.
Just my opinion.

Buckshot11
12-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I was a spectator at Wall this past Sunday. Great races,great place,but I had to voice my opinion on one thing. It seemed to me at one point in the 8cyl race I watched a bad deal go down. An 8cyl. car stalls,dies,on the front middle of the straightaway. The red flag flies..the officials came over to the Driver,he gets out.Then,it looked like he was pleading to the officials to get his car off the Track. Then after much talking,,he literally laid down on the track,on his back,right in front of his racecar. They argued back and forth,and the driver loses the argument,exits the track. We all know what's coming next,a few laps later,his car is DESTROYED on the track as it is drilled where it sat. I know,in traditional Enduros ,the car stays on the Track,but,maybe it should be re-thought. What a shame to see two cars get demolished.We all know,it takes ALOT of time,blood,sweat and money to build a car.Two cars were put out of commision for what ? I think dead cars should be yanked into the infield. Riverhead will pull the car off the Track,so should Wall.
Just my opinion.

That subject was the center of much debate as seen here:
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15879&highlight=dead+cars

Erin C
12-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I have spectated at RH enduros and it is very very RARE that they throw a red even with a car facing the wrong way, I have seen drivers drive into the infield to save the car but never have I seen the officials take the cars off the track. This is an enduro, not a factory stock race. We take the driver out of the car in situations where we feel it is a hazard to safety and leave the car as an obstacle. The drivers know coming into the event that there is a chance that their car can be that obstacle because it is stated in the rules that the cars will stay on the track...most of the veterans drove with 200 + cars on the tracks with obstacles ALREADY on the track back at Flemington and Nazareth!

Also, chapter 10 of NJ State Law for Enduros state that vehicles that cannot move on their own will remain on the track...

We don't want to turn this into a factory stock race where we throw yellows...it takes much more talent to ENDURE rather than avoid the wrecks and wait for the track to clear to win the race...plus we want to keep the cost down so drivers should not be dumping money into their cars...it is an ENDURO...we want the most talented driver to win, not the one with the fastest car...and Ray had proven time after time how much talent he has, its no wonder that in a bet between the officials that he was the majority vote for this win because we know how talented he is and we have seen him endure...

It is funny how we get nothing but gratitude from our drivers ...I have heard from just about everyone out there on what a great job we do on respecting the drivers and how much fun our events are but you know what, there will always be a complaint no matter what you do...so its ok! I know how much effort people put in their cars, but I also know that a lot of people enjoy it and will keep building until they get their car to last the whole race!

That is all I will say on this topic.

A69pizzoo
12-01-2009, 10:42 PM
All the track promoters and track owners all complain about car counts. Well let me see one car dies and instead of letting him remove it so he can fix it for the next race, they leave it and now two people can't make the next race unless they build a new car. Granted I understand that these cars are supposed to be gut and run. But from experience it takes at least 2 full 8 hour days to at least gut and weld and install all the safety devices (belts, seats, and cells ect.)

Remove the car so people can race another day...

killa54
12-02-2009, 06:13 AM
apparently nobody knows what an enduro is. I've been watching enduros since they started at RR. The car stays. I dont know what happened out their but this guy should feel lucky they stopped the race for him to get out of the car. If your car gets smashed, tough luck. Jmo

Buckshot11
12-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Remember when Riverhead left the backwards facing truck center grove coming out of 4 this year? Now that was fun :D:D

don38
12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Remember when Riverhead left the backwards facing truck center grove coming out of 4 this year? Now that was fun :D:D

You remember that Andy.

racing#s
12-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah,it was ALOT of fun sitting there for the whole race facing traffic..lol....but I didn't complain,that is the way it is.

Bottom line; Chapter 10 of NJ State Law for Enduros state that vehicles that cannot move on their own will remain on the track...

Law is law.

Being it's a law,so be it. I had no idea it was a law.

For the record,Wall Stadium kicks butt,I had no intentions on knocking it,
it was just an opinion on dead cars.

racenut38
12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I think its not cool to lose your car but, thats the way it is. and I too think wall was awsome I had so much fun out in the truck race. Thanks to Woot and everybody who helped me on sunday I couldent have done it without you. great race with the Pease Man too.:applause: