PDA

View Full Version : Reggie

limodmaniac
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Read in Area Auto that Barney will not be fielding a car for the Reg next season.

Brian Hawks
12-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's fielding a car for Jimmy Blewett right now..

Modfan14
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
It is true Reggie and the Barney's have parted ways.Don't know what Reggie's plans are for next year, same for the Barney's.Yes they did field a car for Jimmy at the the Derby but hearing right now that they don't plan on running the full tour next year but that Jimmy still might run some with them and some races in his own equipment.

wmass01013
12-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Even though i was of the biggest Reggie haters in the 80s, i would love to see Reg and Mario Fiore and the 44 run a farewell season or 2 on the WMT

Modfan14
12-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree the Reg and Mario in a black 44 would be awesome.:help:

uticamike
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Even though i was of the biggest Reggie haters in the 80s, i would love to see Reg and Mario Fiore and the 44 run a farewell season or 2 on the WMT

What would compel one to be a " Reggie hater"? TC, Jimmy B,Kid Wreck I could see but the Reg? Hmmmm.

worm
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
give mario 250,000-500,00.he would do it one more time.

wmass01013
12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
What would compel one to be a " Reggie hater"? TC, Jimmy B,Kid Wreck I could see but the Reg? Hmmmm.

obviously uticamike you did not spend many sat night at Riverside Park watch ing Reg bang his way to the front every week, not to mention fridays at Stafford or Sundays at thompson and throw in A monadnock show or 2, Reg liked THE CHROME HORN

MJProcko
12-05-2009, 03:32 AM
People usually tend to not like drivers for one of two reasons, either they constantly beat or they wreck their favorite driver way too much. Looking at the record book and its pretty obvious that it was the victories. Yea, he was wild in the Plainville days but what driver that won consitantly at the Stadium wasn't? Go back to Thompson where he was battling Stefanik for the championship. Mikey ran him to the wall, to the dirt, brake checked him yet he could have easily dumped him and have the one thing sadly missing from his mantle... the WMT crown. But he didn't, had then been TC or JimmyB... well we know Mike would not have won the title. TC may have his share of victories also but he's no Reg, TC is 50 years old and still wrecking people left and right and Jimmy makes TC look like a saint. Rocco is still young so he's got time and the talent to go with it. His Dad, a graduate and past champ of the Stadium himself was the smoothest driver out there next to Bob Potter at the twilight of his career. Just look at NH this year, Reggie could have ran Silk to the dirt and win or wreck but he chose to save the Barney's a headache and the 3rd place money instead.... want to have an over/under on the 2010 dnf's for the Barneys next year if JimmyB is behind the wheel?

Put the Reg in a ride that is serious about running the tour next year and hell see victory lane.

Rabbit504
12-05-2009, 06:13 AM
People usually tend to not like drivers for one of two reasons, either they constantly beat or they wreck their favorite driver way too much. Looking at the record book and its pretty obvious that it was the victories. Yea, he was wild in the Plainville days but what driver that won consitantly at the Stadium wasn't? Go back to Thompson where he was battling Stefanik for the championship. Mikey ran him to the wall, to the dirt, brake checked him yet he could have easily dumped him and have the one thing sadly missing from his mantle... the WMT crown. But he didn't, had then been TC or JimmyB... well we know Mike would not have won the title. TC may have his share of victories also but he's no Reg, TC is 50 years old and still wrecking people left and right and Jimmy makes TC look like a saint. Rocco is still young so he's got time and the talent to go with it. His Dad, a graduate and past champ of the Stadium himself was the smoothest driver out there next to Bob Potter at the twilight of his career. Just look at NH this year, Reggie could have ran Silk to the dirt and win or wreck but he chose to save the Barney's a headache and the 3rd place money instead.... want to have an over/under on the 2010 dnf's for the Barneys next year if JimmyB is behind the wheel?

Put the Reg in a ride that is serious about running the tour next year and hell see victory lane.

No doubt Reggie was one of the best back in the day.

He cleaned up his act as he aged.
I still think he has a win or two left in him.
Maybe a Raceworks car owner will field a competive car for him this year.

Can Mario bring back the purple 44 Chevette?

worm
12-05-2009, 07:24 AM
put him in the 79

modscene
12-06-2009, 12:48 AM
From personal experience I can tell you there is no better driver or better person than Reggie Ruggiero. I'm proud to call him a friend.

11skmod
12-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Simply The Best!

11skmod
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Ditto very well said! If people actually knew the truth and could see what really happens and i mean with a lot of drivers and situations there would be a whole different attitude on situations etc, but then again this the internet too.:rolleyes: