PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

LM13
12-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I was wondering what kind of insurance the track has in case someone should roll over and break there neck or back or whatever. I would hope they have enough to cover my doctor bills. This is something as a driver you should ask before you ever enter the track. It's a subject you never read about on these forums and it's something that should be discussed every year before the season starts. Every year the track has to re up it's policy and you never know. You could end up with nothing more then free tickets to the year end banquet and a mailbox full of doctor bills for your troubles.

LM13
12-10-2009, 04:08 PM
One more thing, as a driver or fan in the pits if you get hurt there then it is up to you to seek the help that the track has there for you, otherwise if you leave without being seen then you give up your right to use whatever insurance that the track has.

RGeeProductions
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
And may I ask why you are asking this in the forum. The track should be called for your answer, not here....
Contact info... (http://www.mountainspeedway.com/new/contacts.htm)

W. J.
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
It's what he does......

Geno
12-10-2009, 08:44 PM
No worries...our president will fix all of the healthcare issues!:disgusted

White Lightnin
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Phil, call and request a copy of the policy. It's everyone's right to see what they are covered for. We asked years ago and got a copy. It was surprising to say the least.

I don't attend anymore so I'm not saying anymore.

White Lightnin
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
No worries...our president will fix all of the healthcare issues!:disgusted

Maybe we can get "W" back. Now there was a guy that fixed everything, didn't he?

LM13
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
And may I ask why you are asking this in the forum. The track should be called for your answer, not here....
Contact info... (http://www.mountainspeedway.com/new/contacts.htm)

Most drivers or pit members have no idea how it works. As soon as they leave the track they give up there right to use the tracks insurance. I bet you had no idea how it worked. I wonder if the Sheets driver that broke his neck when he rolled his car had any idea what to do. He does now. I would assume he received zero dollars for his medical bills from the track for the injuries from his roll over because he left without seeking out the ambulance. This is what he payed for when he entered the back gate and because of his lack of knowlege on the subject he lost out on any help with his medical bill. Even the promoters had no idea he broke his neck and back in three places until two weeks ago. I wonder if he even told the doctor the truth about how he broke his neck because most if not all insurance companys would say to bad and drop you like a hot potato. Isn't the forum a place to talk about things that pertain to racing and race tracks. I would have thought that this post was pretty educational since most enduro drivers are entry level and don't have all the working knowledge of a race track. I guess I could look at it [the forum] like WJ and use it to pat people on the back and wish them happy birthday or bad mouth subjects that rub him the wrong way.
If this post is deleted because I refer to neets as Sheets on the SVS forum then I would expect that every post in the neets [Sheets] forum that refers to SVS as lapdance would be deleted also.

W. J.
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds like someone needs a lap-dance, lol, and a spell checker, too!

Whoops, I forgot, only HE is allowed to criticize.

Maybe mister high and mighty would like to meet on Facebook, where his comments can be truly answered! What do you say, or are you a true coward?

jimwhite
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
some of the officals are on top of it when i crashed hard in the 4cly race pappy made sure that i went and got checked out even when i said i felt ok just sore so some do care and thay have a record of it if there is a problum later jim white 29x :wave:

RGeeProductions
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Most drivers or pit members have no idea how it works. As soon as they leave the track they give up there right to use the tracks insurance. I bet you had no idea how it worked. I wonder if the Sheets driver that broke his neck when he rolled his car had any idea what to do. He does now. I would assume he received zero dollars for his medical bills from the track for the injuries from his roll over because he left without seeking out the ambulance. This is what he payed for when he entered the back gate and because of his lack of knowlege on the subject he lost out on any help with his medical bill. Even the promoters had no idea he broke his neck and back in three places until two weeks ago. I wonder if he even told the doctor the truth about how he broke his neck because most if not all insurance companys would say to bad and drop you like a hot potato. Isn't the forum a place to talk about things that pertain to racing and race tracks. I would have thought that this post was pretty educational since most enduro drivers are entry level and don't have all the working knowledge of a race track. I guess I could look at it [the forum] like WJ and use it to pat people on the back and wish them happy birthday or bad mouth subjects that rub him the wrong way.
If this post is deleted because I refer to neets as Sheets on the SVS forum then I would expect that every post in the neets [Sheets] forum that refers to SVS as lapdance would be deleted also.

Not going to delete the post for anything, but I am closing the thread as the answers are not here but are with the track and their insurance company....per thread title and your first post!!!
If you, or anyone else, wonders what the insurance is the track has, ASK THE TRACK!!! In fact, you even state that!!!