PDA

View Full Version : Hey Petey and Howie...

outlaw13
12-12-2009, 05:34 PM
How are you guys ???? How is Billy B ?? :wave:

WE miss the AWESOME FUN We had coming to these shows !! :lol:

It looks like the Dirt Thing is going well !!

Jim Erdbrink Jr
Erdbrink Racing

richardpetey
12-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey Jim, great to hear from you, what have ya been doing with yourself?...................:)
Billy B. bought a bar and his daughter, Erin, and her husband, Joe, kinda took over as the promoters of the NEETS series...............:rolleyes:
Dirt sucks but I'm learning to live with it, thank God we run a few NEETS shows at Wall Stadium..........................:(
Just like old times, the NEETS peeps are a great group of guys/gals, its the only reason I still hang around..................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

outlaw13
12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Been trying to survive :disgusted

Billy did enjoy that little bar we used to go to...is he doing well with it? :cheers:

Erin would probably be the lovely young lady that led J9 and me back to the hi-way when we were at Billy's house that time for the party. :applause:

I haven't been in a race car since my accident and I had 2 surgeries. This whole thing has just crushed us financially. J9 got transferred and we are in Louisville, Ky now.

Which cars are you running? It looks like the dirt field is doing well and I see Pat & Mike Hires are running with you guys. They are awesome guys to run with! I wish I was there !

richardpetey
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Hope you will be able to get back in a racecar sometime in the future, you know you miss it .........................;)
The Hires' brothers just started to race with us this year at grandview, they still are good playing in the dirt.................:rolleyes:
Say hello to J9 for me, shes a great gal...............:)
Howie and I are still running the heavy GM cars(73 to 77 mid size) most everybody else a runs a metric car...............:help:
Take care down there in Ky., thinking about running one race down there in the Kimmel Series..................:p
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
12-13-2009, 08:25 AM
To see pictures and photos go to. jlynnphotos.com , garysilvermanproductions.com

I am still running my same neets pontiac at Big DIAMOND and my niece races it with the neets gals. Raced a mazda to 4th pts neets this year and won the BD points with it last year. You will see the cars Blue and yellow #39s in the videos and photos.

So is KY a move up or down from NJ ? Phil Levering

NJ Chick
12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
JIM!!!!!!!!! Sure, you get in touch when you are 40 states away! :lol:
Yes, a lot has changed with the series since you ran with us, we miss you guys!!! The Dr, unlike Petey, loves the dirt! Remember when he ran your car at Bridgeport and the throttle stuck?:applause: Say hi to J-9!!! :wave:

Erin C
12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Been trying to survive :disgusted

Erin would probably be the lovely young lady that led J9 and me back to the hi-way when we were at Billy's house that time for the party. :applause:

That would be me :angel:...a little older now, though! How has everything been? I have to admit, I am a little jealous you're in KY right now...I have relatives out that way =]

outlaw13
12-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow it's Awesome to hear things are going well !!
Congrats Phil and man it's been a long time.......

Erin......"Lovely" appears to be a Bullseye! Glad to hear you are well.

Kentucky is AWESOME !! I can't wait to get settled in once we find a house. When Spring comes we hope to hit the local Dirt Track here, can't wait.

They allowed Big Expensive Modifications to the Bridgeport Cars which has all but KILLED the Car Count !! I talked to a guy who was excited that in his first couple of races he finished 6th.......2 Laps Down.......in LAST PLACE !!! I fought the changes in my neck collar and Pain Meds and lost the battle !! Unfortunately after the accident, since my Race Car Support wasn't a business and I was the Glue, everything kind of came to a halt!!! The cars are parked and it KILLS me to see the NEW Cars that are Not Quite Finished !!

Petey.....Dirt isn't Pavement....Do you have a dirt car? I found out that with all of the changes I was making to my Dirt Car I was NOT making enough. I needed to pull the heavy dirt springs also and it would have been even better. Hey (gonna start trouble) did the Hires Boys put 305's in their Metric Cars to Fit the Rules ??

Isn't Grandview ERNIE SAXONS Track !!!! THAT'S FUNNY !!!!! :lol:

Jim

Philter39
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Jim
I agree with the 305s But now the rule is no longer year.make model.
just make and model.How,s a 460 sound in your Tbird?

What town in Kentucky? Did you check out the videos on
Garysilverman productions?
phil

outlaw13
12-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Check this out, we are right on the Northeastern edge of Louisville....Peewee Valley :lol:

Phil the videos are excellent and so are the photos...The first video I clicked almost immediately showed the #39 Crashing :confused:
It still looks like a lot of FUN !!!!!

I still have the Cougar I ran in the very First Holiday Junk Car Race '04, it's almost ready for the new rear 1/4 and still painted the same.

Rules:
Engine and Transmission:
1. All components must be completely stock for vehicle year, make and model. :confused: 'nuff said !!

What's Erie Saxon think now that you guys are running there....I should email him to see how he is. It's great to see he is writing about it in his column, I hope he enjoys it and isn't doing it because it's his track. :applause:

Jim

EnduroFromDE
12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
The first video I clicked almost immediately showed the #39 Crashing :confused:

sorry :lol:

Erin C
12-18-2009, 11:04 PM
What's Erie Saxon think now that you guys are running there....I should email him to see how he is. It's great to see he is writing about it in his column, I hope he enjoys it and isn't doing it because it's his track. :applause:

Jim

Ernie is awesome!!! He is a great announcer for GV and had done so much for motor sports.

We have Mark Garman announcing for us, who does the race directing during the GV shows and did the announcing for Big Diamond for 15+ years...We also have Geno from Tyler Jett Marketing doing our promotion and press releases throughout the year... http://www.tylerjett.com/

This is going to be the second year in a row that we are attending Ernie's "racers summit" which promotes the growth of promoters at the motor sports convention.

The owners at GV are awesome. Kenny, the owner's son who has taken control over what we are doing, is so in tune to our event supports us 100%. It is a blessing to be working with them!!

I wish you were in the NE area! You would have a blast at Grandview! If you can make it up for an event I would definitely offer you a sleeping space in out den as long as you don't mind German shepherds and chihuahuas because we have one of each =]

outlaw13
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Erin, I don't know if you know of or remember the Very :mad: yet Friendly Rivalry between Ernie and Me. We were debating back in the beginning when I called the Area Auto Racing Paper out for not covering Entry Level Divisions. Ernie's response was "He didn't like it". I still have the photo hanging up when the paper put our Tioga Top 5 Photo in his column !!:applause:

Thanks for the offer and I hope we might attend a show in the future, it's not like we're "40 States away":p, but unfortunately I won't be driving. Maybe if things go a little better we might get some cars going again with drivers. We still haven't sold our houses in NJ yet which is not helping.

Dogs don't bother us, we have 3 and 1 is a Chiwawa (:confused:) that we saved from a poor situation. Our other 2 are Yorkies. Well I have to take them for a walk.....ugh....wading thru a 1/4" of misty rain. :wave: