PDA

View Full Version : A Little Christmas Cheer.

Spanky1975
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Twas the night before race day, and up at the track.
Not a motor was running, but soon we’ll be back.
We all have the itch to take our cars there.
In hopes the green flag will wave in the air.

The racers were all in there garages all night.
Tweaking there cars, to make them just right.
Now late in the night and the car on the trailer.
I knelt down to prey, for Joe’s engine failure.

The next morning arose and I looked for my scanner.
Grabbed my helmet, and neck roll, and grouch racing banner.
Off to the track I flew like a flash.
To go park my car, and give Joe my cash.

Now its cold at the track, and the weather is crappy.
But here come the team of Sleepy and Pappy.
Now my cars up to spec, so I have no fear.
Right then sleepy says “The sticker goes here”

Still hours to go before the first race begins.
So I get a hot chocolate for a couple of fins.
Everyone so exited to be back at the track.
That we go walk it once, and then we come back.

When out of the corner of my eye, what should appear?
It’s the 43 car, with wide rims, and a cheated up rear.
He curses and *****’s until they kick him out.
“I’ll go to Jersey and race” the racer did shout.

So with the drama all done and race time soon here.
Mike yells “All you drivers, give me your ear"
The drivers meeting begins and soon doesn’t end.
People in the stand freezing , but mike still won’t bend.

Listened for an hour, but the times finally here.
To start up the cars and put em in gear.
They line up like soldiers, three wide by the fence.
The pace car starts moving, and everyone’s getting tense.

Six caution laps later and one for a wave.
The pace car pulls off, and everyone becomes brave.
They take the green flag going into turn one.
But the 410 gets loose and six cars are done.

The red flag is flown for all cars to stop.
But the 50’s still rolling, spots stolen by a cop.
We begin lap two, everyone races clean.
For another 50 laps, the red flag is not seen.

When on lap 51 there arose such a clatter.
All I see is smoke, but what is the matter.
Oil on fire again from Bob Winks car.
Splashed on the manifold and burned up like tar.

I just hope that wink has been good all this year.
So santa brings him a gasket, so he can race without fear.
The cars keep there pace as the laps do wind down.
Only ten cars are left, that will keep go’in round.

How this race ends, I guess we will see.
But I bet I can tell, who the winner will be.
He will be in the office, counting his cash.
With the five dollar trophies, and a big cigar ash.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Marv72
12-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Awsome!!!! :applause:

Happy Holidays from PF RACING.

kyle06
12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
That was brilliant! Loved it! Bravo! :applause:

richardpetey
12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Excellent enduro holiday poem Dave!......................:applause:
Excuse me if I correct/alter the sixth verse..................:help:

Lapdance officials changed the rules after the race............:rolleyes:
That type of decision was a total disgrace................:disgusted
I vented my frustrations and left in a flash...................:(
Its a shame, the enduro grinch had stolen all my cash................:mad:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RACERX
12-17-2009, 10:01 PM
i like the dig wiyh the 5 dollar trophy!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Mobigsly
12-17-2009, 10:23 PM
There is about 8 hours that should have been put into the racecar.

intense1
12-17-2009, 11:47 PM
It was well after midnight,
on the eve of the race,
and Petey was wrenching,
To TRY and keep pace,
He couldn't resist...to bending the rules,
While others were fast, without being fools.
So Petey did PARK his blue and red sled,
His enduro career over...enough being said.

NA NA NA, NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY...GOODBYE! ;)

miller78
12-18-2009, 12:12 AM
oh boy petey and mike round 4 i think oh well ding,ding,ding

richardpetey
12-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Gonna be nice to you, Mr. fraction, because I have a holiday plan........:rolleyes:
Besides, I don't wanna match wits with an unarmed man.............:lol:
I'll tow my enduro up for your frostbite event.............;)
You can look my car over till your hearts content..............:help:
It'll be fun to watch you eat crow, but you make the call.................:)
Gotta put an end to this once and for all...................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Geno
12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Looks like things are heating up for the Frostbite!

zombo
12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
It was well after midnight,
on the eve of the race,
and Petey was wrenching,
To TRY and keep pace,
He couldn't resist...to bending the rules,
While others were fast, without being fools.
So Petey did PARK his blue and red sled,
His enduro career over...enough being said.

NA NA NA, NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY...GOODBYE! ;)

is this how track representatives treat people?

LM13
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
There are two sides to every story.

Spanky1975
12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
There is about 8 hours that should have been put into the racecar.

Can't wrench on the racecar from work. But I can find other useless things to do with my time there.

Maddawg
12-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh hell yeah I've been good ---Real Good!!!!:cheers:, and for my present I'm not getting some silly gasket??? (not the problem anyway) but a new motor instead!!!!!
R.I.P. little olds 307
bring on the 10.5/1 350
Maddawg

NeetsAnnouncer33
12-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Mike and Petey I do not have to put on the white and black stripped shirt do I please can't we all just get along this holiday season.

zombo
12-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Mike and Petey I do not have to put on the white and black stripped shirt do I please can't we all just get along this holiday season.

i would think something like this would be handled behind closed doors. i've never seen a track rep come out and publicly belittle a driver that supports them. maybe whatever is going on should be settled off the internet. just my opinion, but how does this serve mountain in a positive way? how does this draw more competitors or fans? :(

LM13
12-21-2009, 01:13 PM
That "driver" does not "support" the track. He has a history of feeling as if the track took something from him that was never his to start out with. He makes up cute little names to "belittle" the track and the people who run it. The track rep has every right to defend the track from these remarks and he does. That driver hates everything SVS and enjoys letting everyone know his feelings about it. At one time he even let it be known how his family and him were going to put SVS under after they started up there own track in New York which never happened so before you belittle the track rep you should understand that there are two sides to every story.

richardpetey
12-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't even know you Mr. De Franco but I think you needed a hug when you were a kid......................:disgusted
Don't talk about supporting the track! I understand the last time you ran your LM at mountain was when CHRIST was a child.............:help:
True, I have had my disagreements with the management but I never threatened to try and shut the track down....................:rolleyes:
I have said this before and I'll say it again! I love racing at the track and the people who patronize the track are wonderful people, they have always been good to me..........:)
When undergoing a personal tragedy in my life the entire mountain family came to my aid! That included 2/10 and Joe C., and for that alone everybody at mountain will hold a special place in my heart.................:angel:
Usually, I don't comment on anything the peanut gallery says about me on this forum, but I've made an exception for you................:eek:
So before you say something stupid and get deleted again, understand this is an issue between 2/10 and myself..................:-|
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

LM13
12-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Lapdance, H.H. [racist remark] and I'll never run there again? How quick you forget. Must be the age. That's just some of the stuff you say out of the other side of your face. Also I guess Christ was born last summer .

RICK16RACIN
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
You are so right Phildo and then theres your side??? And yes this is how they treat most people this is how it`s been for years!!!!!:wave: Still waiting for a response on Face Book!!!! He meant the last time you actually went faster then the pace car!!!!

LM13
12-22-2009, 03:53 PM
The best thing that ever happened to SVS was when you decided the world owed you one and SVS wasn't the place you were going to find it so you left. You only got in everyones way anyway. Let the name calling begin, that just tells me you have nothing left worth listening to. For people who hate SVS you spend a lot of time on this here forum. This is my last post on this subject and don't waste your time waiting for a response on facebook or here because I have better things to do with my time then waste it on your resentments.
Last post Erin;)
Merry Christmas
Phil

RICK16RACIN
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Since when is Head Honcho a racist remark????:confused:

RICK16RACIN
12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey good one!!!! (whitty) LOL ,I seem to remember that you are making comments on here about Neets and I have NEVER called SVS anything other then Mountain or SVS so I dont have any idea what you are talking about?? (name calling) Joe was good to take in the Flemington drivers when the track closed. And as far as my driving up there I dont have to explain anything to you because, the only way you finished in front of me is if I wasnt racing that day!!! All I know is I personally have alot of pictures with me holding the checkered flag and a good amount of trophy`s. Like I said if you have a problem with NEETS go on their forum and complain, dont hide here!! Personally I thought you were more of a man then this. As an official of the NEETS racing series I know how to act and would never belittle any driver who supports any kind of racing, it`s just not professional, and if he wants to talk bad about any experience he had at the track so be it, I would never put my Boss/Friend in a situation to have to defend me or get fired over something so childish!!!! We hope everyone has a happy & safe holiday R collins :cheers:

LM13
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
You must be smoking some good Pot. Pretty soon it should be legal in Jersey then you got it made.

intense1
12-22-2009, 06:57 PM
To tune in to TBS for the 24 hour marathon of "A Christmas Story"
starting Christmas Eve at 8 pm.

AND,

more importantly:

The "FROSTBITE 4" Enduro event!
Saturday, January 2, 2010

BE THERE!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL :cheers:

A friendly reminder:RACE RESPONSIBLY...AND DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

White Lightnin
12-22-2009, 07:07 PM
You must be smoking some good Pot. Pretty soon it should be legal in Jersey then you got it made.

Phil, is there anyone out at this track that you like except for the management? The Head Honcho stops to quick and you'll go up right to your shoulders if you don't watch out.

Hard to tell just who's side you're on anymore :help:

titomotorsports
12-25-2009, 04:49 PM
just to I think I took out couple more than six ,but thanks. just to let everyone know I layed the old 410 to rest. resting in hazle scrap yard. mayby have my new ride ready with the snow plow and the heater in it!!!! It's hard finding time between drinking and going out to work on it, anyone want to finish it for me. hopefully my vision will be a little clearer by sat to finish car at track.:angel::cool:

titomotorsports
12-25-2009, 04:56 PM
thats what i though, those 350's came stock in that year buick!!!:) love the quote::::::there's nothing stock about a stock car.......... remember were only racing stock cars!!!!!!!!!!!!

zombo
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
whatever petey had to say was about an experience at the track. he's expressing his opinion about a business. mountain is a business first and foremost. my point is that a business does not portray itself well by attacking drivers in a public way. the best thing to do would be to say something along the lines of "sorry you had the experience you did. call me or email me at (insert contact info here) so we can discuss this." this gives the driver a means to express his frustration and also portrays mountain in a positive way in that they do not just bash their drivers. what race track do you know of where track reps come on the internet and insult drivers? that was my point.

Mobigsly
12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Is the late model or modified section that boring? Do half the people belly-aking on here drive a enduro car? We drive trash and talk trash but have a sense of humor.

titomotorsports
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
darn rain, now i need to take the plow off my car:cheers::help:

Spanky1975
12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Let's go people. Only one week left to get that junk out of your yard and get it ready to trade some paint. And no Tit-o drinking beer is not a excuse. Get those pollock's moving down that garage. Hopefully, the car count will exceed all of the races from last year. Did I hear there might even be an appearance by the famous 43 car? Everyone come one come all.

WEEZER
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Beings everybody is changing the subject, is it more expensive, less expensive or still the same to build an enduro car these days.

Spanky1975
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Beings everybody is changing the subject, is it more expensive, less expensive or still the same to build an enduro car these days.

It's pretty much how far you want to go. If you just want to go out there and have fun, I think it is still relatively cheap. The hardest part is finding a decent car to start with. The days of the fifty dollar beater seem to be long gone.

Spanky1975
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Only four days left to get those cars ready, Looking at the forcast we are going to have a crappy day on Saturday, but remember there are no crappy race days.

Mobigsly
12-30-2009, 09:12 PM
1 1/2 DOM is $75 a stick (20ft.) Steel is cheap now but starting to go up since the summer. Still good time to buy.
Cash for clunkers is over and some people waited to long and now they want to junk their junker.
Outlook looks good!!! build now!!

White Lightnin
12-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 1 1/2 inch tubing still seems cheap. I just bought 40 feet for a street Ford Maverick that I am building and the bill was less than 50 bucks from S-K Sales in Mt Top