PDA

View Full Version : dashing through the snow...

EnduroFromDE
12-18-2009, 01:06 PM
On saturday the odds are its going to snow. My question is, coming from delaware what would be the best way to get there if there is the ammount of snow that is being called (up to 10") Google maps say I can either take 476(blueroute) or 422. I never drove 422 before but I know 476 can be a headach with a little bit of rain or a fender bender. Just wondering my best approch to get there on saturday night. It clams its about hr and 40 mins. to get there so im giving myself about 2 1/2 hrs to get there.

Danger83Ranger
12-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Ive found google maps to me unreliable more times than not, I suggest typing your routes into bing maps instead.

Erin C
12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Can't you take 95N to 476N to 78W? I think you should probably stick to the highways because they are already prepping them for tonight...I would feel more safe on the highways then anything because it is holiday season and city traffic is horrible right now. if you give yourself an extra half hour to an hour you should be fine...we will be there around 430 and if you are TOO early then give Joe a call, come hang at our hotel room while we are getting ready, I think we are going to have a couple people there with us. :cheers:

PS...I am not a huge fan of 422 (If that is the road I am thinking of) because it is really windy and has lots of hills, I think that is not going to be the best road to be on tomorrow :help:

EnduroFromDE
12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
uh oh...looks like the Ranger found a new sponsor...:lol:

EnduroFromDE
12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks Erin... that was the route I was most likly going to take. When we raced at mountain we got lucky heading up the Blue Route and never hit much traffic or any accidents on our way there but whenever I drove on 476 not going to a race there was always an accident and major delays...I'll be probley getting there around 5ish and your right 476 and 78 should be plowed...

DerbyN8-128
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
being from this area, I'd watch out for 78...2 years ago people were trapped on there for 2 days during a SMALL snow storm :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CJfilms
12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
yeah...but that was Valentine's Day when we got 3 feet of snow

-Erin from Joe's old laptop:cheers: