PDA

View Full Version : the new rules

critter
12-20-2009, 10:33 AM
well i read the new rules fornt to back , 1 question do we really need a muffler ? the exhuast does exit out past driver , but now i have to put on a muffler ?? the kill switch i can understand ,ill add that , so it looks like a kill switch ,muffler,few bars and ,take off the rear view mirror and ill be ready for 2010 ,but can neets be ready for the critter lol

RGeeProductions
12-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Usually the muffler has nothing to do with the sanctioning body rules, it is usually a track rule [town codes], therefore it is added to rules....
Grandview requires mufflers....not sure of NEETS
Everyone from NEETS is still hung over dude....

critter
12-20-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah they are im sure or still diggin out from the snow , just hope i dont need a muffler or ill have to buy a whole exhuast system , ugh :help:

EnduroFromDE
12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
from what I got out of it Critter was that IF you have a Muffler it needs to be a STOCK Muffler, no aftermarket performance mufflers like Flowmaster or anything like that. You may have a straight pipe from the Ex. Man.

mcstockcar
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
NO mufflers...good. Keep losing them on the track no matter how many hangers I use. People run them, over get flats....bad.:)

critter
12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
gotcha im good to go on the exhaust woohoo
:wave:

EnduroFromDE
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
woo woo woo dont quote me on this...im just telling you my interpretation of that rule...besides what do I know, im just a weatherman...

critter
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM
ok i will wait on this , good job on the weather last night lol

miller78
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
ok by kill switch do u mean battery shut off......i have one in my car and im running the glass packs they run on the mountain thriller cars so is that ok

vhr104
12-21-2009, 08:02 AM
when r the rules going to b posted for everyone to read

CJfilms
12-21-2009, 08:42 AM
I will be posting them up either tonight or tomorrow the latest...

I have an update that I will be posting about in the General Forum....

Philter39
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I believe that the kill switch only if you move the battery from stock location.

phil

17Racer
12-22-2009, 12:08 PM
yes aaron the glasspacks are ok. they are a good affordable option for the cars

miller78
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM

yea they are 24 bucks i think i got them at pepboys in critter country stowe pa

EnduroFromDE
12-22-2009, 05:36 PM

but are mufflers required...I have a "straight pipe" coming off the cat. is that good enough?

critter
12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
i second that question on the pipe , and miller78 dont tell em where im from lol i dont need stalkers lol

miller78
12-22-2009, 08:01 PM
sorry ........u dont want them to see what dx is up to i see lol

critter
12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
ok u got me there anyone is welcome to come to the dx shop , now im just waitin ion the straight pipe rule hehe

Erin C
12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Don't worry, Joe is straightening that out...it was brought to his attention today. There is also a typo in the rules he is going to fix and he will let you know what he fixed in the rules that were mistyped.

Patience please...he has been on the phone non stop all day today and we are in the off season and still exhausted :help: my waiting until the last minute to shop for the holidays wasn't a big help either :drool:

mcstockcar
12-22-2009, 09:29 PM
He s "exhaust" ted.:lol:

CJfilms
12-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Steve has the correct interpretation.

Mufflers, IF INSTALLED, must be stock. They should be properly secured to prevent falling off during a race and becoming a track hazard.

Kill switch, again it is just a shut off switch that an official/EMT can use in the case of a fuel leak after a roll over without having to climb totally into the vehicle to reach for the ignition. If you have a battery in a stock location, then you need no further efforts on this matter.

Rules in general:
Please note, especially if you were not in attendance at the banquet, the rules are TENTATIVE!!!!! I quickly rushed to get them organized to get them printed up for the banquet. After the Turkey Derby, I spent most of my time preparing for the banquet and the rules were a side project.... I have more time to focus on them now and WORD things correctly...

For instance, the exhaust rule should read as follows:
If a muffler is to be installed, it must be a stock type muffler, no after market mufflers are permitted.

Instead, I left out a key part there.....

Also, there are some questions about roll bar tubing sizes...
I posted up that bars must be 1 3/4" thick minimum.....I have to look back over my notes, I believe that is supposed to be 1 1/4" thick.......

Give me some time, I will straighten it out.

IF you have any pressing questions, email or call me and I will send you in the right direction.

critter
12-23-2009, 05:57 PM
woohoo one less thing to do , u rock joe , but ill still email or text ya just to bother ya :cheers:

TEAM TAZ RACING
12-25-2009, 10:57 AM
So me pipe can be str8 back no muff?? Sound like red neck.:)) merry chrimas all!!

CAPTAIN
12-25-2009, 09:45 PM
"Mufflers, IF INSTALLED, must be stock." THIS WAS A QUOTE FROM JOE NEETS HIMSELF IN THIS THREAD. DOES THIS MEAN MUFFLERS ARE OPTIONAL??? SOUNDS LIKE A GREY AREA THAT SHOULD NE ADDRESSED ASAP!!! JOSH ALSO SAID GLASSPACKS ARE LEGAL.

richardpetey
12-26-2009, 09:33 AM
From one of my discussions with the tech guys I was led to believe that after market mufflers/glasspacks would be allowed, as long as the exhuast system extended beyond the drivers seat......................:confused:
Glasspacks are rounded, and have no seams to speak of, they are less likely to be ripped off when hit by debris on the track..............:rolleyes:
Hopefully, you'll clarify the new engine rule wording so I can make heads or tails out of that little regulation................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
12-28-2009, 03:32 PM
u da man josh woohoo one less thing to worry about

Erin C
12-28-2009, 03:40 PM
I deleted Josh's comment because it must be discussed, finalized, and posted by Joe...if deemed ok BY JOE I will un-delete the post...nothing will be posted about "allowing" items without THE PROMOTER'S approval no matter how simple or complex the item may be. Any gripes can be sent to me.
Thanks.

mcstockcar
12-28-2009, 05:46 PM
No+mufflers=less weight+lesswork = less $$$$:)

Erin C
12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
The change of wording in the exhaust rule has been uploaded on the website...it now states:

Exhaust systems:
A. Exhaust pipes must terminate behind the driver.
i. Pipes should be installed in a manner which prevents exhaust fumes from entering the driver comparment.
ii. Stock sized exhaust pipes should be utilized if the stock pipes are replaced.
(a.)No exaust pipes installed should be greater than 2 1/2".
B. Mufflers, if utilized, must be stock type. Mufflers should be secured to the vehicle using perforatted stapping. Catalytic Converters can be removed.
i. Can be straight piped from manifold back.

Now, I don't see how this is confusing so if you have any issues or concerns on this wording please mention them to JOE immediately before everything is set in stone in the next few weeks. Once these are finalized, that is it...you had your chance.:help:

critter
12-29-2009, 02:19 PM
all good with the zoom zoom ,or as petey would say wooz wooz lol ,now on to the cage and cutoff switch , cant wait to race

mcstockcar
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Is that zoom zoom upside down like a turtle?
I just finished my exhaust pipes.. just as rules state.
Fuel system is done!
Waiting on a clutch.:)

RICK16RACIN
12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
It looks good to me and it should be very clear to everyone! The pipe has to be the same size all the way back( from exhaust manifold to the end of the pipe) No part of the exhaust shall exceed maximum diameter of 2 1/2 inches!!
That should do it for the exhaust questions??!!! Rick C :wave: