PDA

View Full Version : Rules

TEAM TAZ RACING
12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
WHEN WILL WE SEE RULES TRYING 2 GET CAR FINISHED?:help:

Erin C
12-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Joe is at his company's christmas party right now and had to make a couple adjustments that were pointed out to him...any changes will be posted shortly but they are actually up on the website right now.

http://www.neetsracing.com/rules/index.htm

This is 2 things he pointed out in a previous thread

Steve has the correct interpretation.

Mufflers, IF INSTALLED, must be stock. They should be properly secured to prevent falling off during a race and becoming a track hazard.

Kill switch, again it is just a shut off switch that an official/EMT can use in the case of a fuel leak after a roll over without having to climb totally into the vehicle to reach for the ignition. If you have a battery in a stock location, then you need no further efforts on this matter.

Rules in general:
Please note, especially if you were not in attendance at the banquet, the rules are TENTATIVE!!!!! I quickly rushed to get them organized to get them printed up for the banquet. After the Turkey Derby, I spent most of my time preparing for the banquet and the rules were a side project.... I have more time to focus on them now and WORD things correctly...

For instance, the exhaust rule should read as follows:
If a muffler is to be installed, it must be a stock type muffler, no after market mufflers are permitted.

Instead, I left out a key part there.....

Also, there are some questions about roll bar tubing sizes...
I posted up that bars must be 1 3/4" thick minimum.....I have to look back over my notes, I believe that is supposed to be 1 1/4" thick.......

Give me some time, I will straighten it out.

IF you have any pressing questions, email or call me and I will send you in the right direction.

RICK16RACIN
12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I am sure that the bars have to be 1 3/4 inch dom tubing with a .090 wall minimum.:rolleyes:( something was mentioned about .095 wall thickness? )

mcstockcar
12-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes Rick! like miller lite-" thats a good call!":lol:
1- 3/4 diameter- .090 wall thickness

Philter39
12-23-2009, 10:33 PM
My 4 cyl car from last year is 1-1/2 x 13 ga. Along with every other car I have built in the last 26 years.Except 1 which is the 1-3/4 tube size.
There are a lot of existing cars with 1-1/2" tubing.
phil

Mobigsly
01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
1 1/4 thick. Are we having a tank race? How about 1 1/2 diameter .120 wall or 1 3/4 diameter .090 wall.

What is "if a muffler is to be installed"? can we run open pipes?

DerbyN8-128
01-02-2010, 07:50 AM
1 1/4 thick. Are we having a tank race? How about 1 1/2 diameter .120 wall or 1 3/4 diameter .090 wall.

:lol::lol: Bad choice of words there.

Although a car with that size tubing would be indestructable...except for its trans trying to pull that weight around