PDA

View Full Version : Party foul?

CJfilms
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
What better way to describe this action?

Are you always on time for the races? Are you usually so early that you seem to be the only other driver at the track, stuck talking to Critter and myself?

Well...that's a good thing in 2010!

In 2009, we seemed to have the most trouble getting drivers to show up to the speedway ON TIME.... What does "on time" mean? Showing up before the drop of the green flag of the first race is a good start! The driver's meeting are scheduled for 12:30 for each event, all drivers mush be AT the speedway BEFORE the meeting begins. In a perfect world, everyone will be registered and tech'd before the meeting begins... Although this does not happen at every race to every driver, we need to start penalizing drivers who cannot follow these rules.....I'm sorry, but we have warned and warned all season in 2009.

If a driver warns us they are running late, that is one thing...but we have to set a limit. Drivers cannot show up after the driver's meeting and expect carte blanche treatment from tech officials and the registration girls. Therefore, if a driver shows up after the driver's meeting has begun, they will be penalized, ONE, by starting in the rear and, TWO, 10% of purse AND points will be withheld.

Raising the registration fees for this driver won't mean much if they end up winning the race....holding back a possible $100 from their pay and 10 points....different story.

This generally won't affect the majority of drivers, however if you happen to be running late, you HAVE TO LET US KNOW. We have to arrange registration payments to be made if someone cannot register for you and transponder rental. More importantly, we have to safety tech the car BEFORE it hits the track, therefore I now have to take officials away from their posts. Hold-ups due to traffic/accidents are understandable...drivers who leave their house an hour before the race by their choice don't have a good excuse.

There cannot be any leniency to new drivers or drivers with new cars here....if the car has never passed through NEETS safety tech and the first race has begun, that car cannot race...... It is a safety issue, nothing personal.

We are going to try this out for the first few races...if there are no cases of late arrivals, we may place a rule in the rule books with lighter penalties. Until then, we have to be strict....

There are several new procedures we are going to be trying out at the first event. There will be plenty of notice to what they will be and how they will work, so no one should be surprised at the first event.

critter
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
hey what can i say joe me and bigdaddy r always early for everthing :lol:

CJfilms
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
....except for breakfast with punchy.....:applause::lol:

BIGDADDY64
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
only when beer was involvedthe nite before

punchy
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Yes I remember that morning.....poor Erin and Joe sat waiting and waiting for Critter.........then he finally shows up when they were done eating! I think the food and Mt Dew was ready for him too!
Next time you are going out drinking before race day make sure you dont drink too much:cheers: You and Big Daddy were in and out of there like a NASCAR pit! :wave::lol:

critter
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
thats because we have to be first in line at the gate lol

punchy
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
maybe me and the pill will have to drive our cars up early and block the drive way so u cant be first critter! :lol: Just kidding I wouldnt want to take all your fun!

critter
01-04-2010, 11:01 PM
well i will have to agree with joe alot of cars did always show up when the drivers meeting was over , the times are always posted , and punchy u can try and block the gates but ill just runn your cars over lol