PDA

View Full Version : P.A.S.S. to pay $75,000 to win!

MJProcko
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
http://racewithpass.com/2010/news/PASS_N_Wilkesboro_megabuck_race_1-7.html

300 laps, 75k to win at N. Wilksboro in 2011... and all the modified folks are trying to tell us small races and small purses are the way to go.... doh!

LiquidBread
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Man, if this isn't proof that a quality event and purse can be put together, nothing is. A few dedicated promoters, teams, and sponsors, and BINGO! Does anyone believe that PASS can significantly outdraw a modified event given a similar purse and venue? The math works folks.

catfish
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
and just think, a few years ago Super Latemodels were almost dead

BigMac
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Late models were never dead down south. They announced it now so they can have automatic qualifiers from races during the 2010 season

km74nc
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Super Late models were never dead down south. They announced it now so they can have automatic qualifiers from races during the 2010 season

That's true. With late models being the "feature" division at so many tracks in the south, they are everywhere and usually support the "big" races. Pretty smart to use the whole 2010 season as a springboard for such a big race. It also gives them time to make sure the track will be ready and all the races they plan on having in 2010 are a success.

Sicklajoie
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Interesting.
If someone won EVERY race during the 2009 WMT season they would win a little over $113,000.

MJProcko
01-08-2010, 03:32 AM
I was planning on attending the PASS race at New Symyrna at the end of the month but then I saw where the CRA Speedfest is the same weekend in GA So I was going to take a wait and see approach as to who was on the entry list but after this announcement I am going anyways just to show them the support for such a bold undertaking.

113k for winning the whole season..... you'd be better off building a start and park taxi cab.

KH0429
01-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I think this race will garner alot of attention, needless to say a tour mod race hosted at that very same track would... and I'm not exadurating draw well over 125 cars. I think PASS will likely get a good 90-100 cars attempting to qualify. Not to mention they will likely charge $25/head to get in grandstand side and that track can hold 30-40 thousand. I think this race will be well attended. Myself, In West Bridgewater, MA will be making the trip for sure. I have been a huge fan of the PASS North tour for most of my life so this is a no brainer. I love Mods but PASS puts on a hell of a show as well. If any of you have a chance to catch one of their races this season I would highly recommend it. They bring about 25-30 cars up here in the North for each race but they are fast and there is alot of passing. Just like the Mods.

This is coming from someone completely un-biased though, someone like limodmaniac may not enjoy LM racing at all. I am a huge fan of ACT and PASS, along with WMT, MRS and I even tried to support that I-Mod series that had only one race at Hudson with 6 cars. I like all racing!

Thanks,
Jeff.