PDA

View Full Version : Madhouse on History channel

figure849
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Just a reminder that Madhouse is on tonight Sunday, History channel two shows from 10;00pm till midnight.

southernmodfan
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
All you guys that frequent r-head and see empty seats, when you watch "Madhouse" you will see very few empty seats at Bowman-Gray

RGeeProductions
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Just a reminder that Madhouse is on tonight Sunday, History channel two shows from 10;00pm till midnight.

Artie, this is a weekly show and it is only on from 10 to 11 [this is the first show]. All shows after that tonight, and there are many, are repeats of the first show.

unowho243
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
All you guys that frequent r-head and see empty seats, when you watch "Madhouse" you will see very few empty seats at Bowman-Gray

OK and? was that supposed to be a jab at riverhead?

Its not easy filling seats at a racetrack with skyrocketing expenses of living on long island.....

Ka$h25
01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
OK and? was that supposed to be a jab at riverhead?

Its not easy filling seats at a racetrack with skyrocketing expenses of living on long island.....

Not to mention, mid season, on a nice day, there aren't too many open seats.

allhailunc
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
What?where?:confused:

Tower Man
01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Totally different economic areas. Admission is $10 for Adults and $1 for Children.

The average salary is in the $8 - $9 per hour range and that's for people who have jobs.

unowho243
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Yea exactly tower man its A lot cheaper to run a track down there and to live down there as well im just sick of all the people talking $**t about our track we have some of the best drivers/fans anywhere and the racing 95% of the time is great!

Golf Guy
01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
And not to crap on another city, but there is many other activities available to the consumer to spend their dollars on during the summer here on LI. Plus it is not a secret that racing is much more widely socially acceptable in the south than in the north. I still think the 'head' has decent size crowds during the summer though.

oh, and I liked the show very much!!!

RGeeProductions
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Yea exactly tower man its A lot cheaper to run a track down there and to live down there as well im just sick of all the people talking $**t about our track we have some of the best drivers/fans anywhere and the racing 95% of the time is great!

Nothing for nothing Jim, but no one TALKED **** about Riverhead, a factual point was made and that's all.

maestri fan 1
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Riverhead isn't a bad track. Just compared to others it's bad. I been to Thunderroad Speedbowl, Ace Speedway, Mountain, Wall, Concord, etc. Granted there all better than Riverhead, look at the loaction. Not a lot around, plus they advertise, and sure the racing is a hell of a lot better. But hey it's been said for years on this forum, ADVERTISE to bring in a bigger crowd. AND LOWER PRICES!!!!!!!!
On that note, I will sure go to Bowman Grey this year and boy I can't wait:)

Tower Man
01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
RGee, I don't think Jim said anyone talk s*** on this thread, I believe he was generalizing.

TMAC
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Man! did that show bring back some memories and i am sure all who work or worked on a racecar can agree[late nights and the last minute oh crap i forgot to do this and why isnt car right lol!],but those shops are sweet.To work on and not bump bang or hit something is a major plus.To those who havent been bgspeedway,its great!Look forward to rest of the series.I think history picked some real racers.Chris Flemming made a new fan.The crying part on show,let me ask you,you gonna make fun of him in person.LOL!!

And as for Tim Brown,does that guy get to play with some real cool big boy toys ..
Bert myers your funny as heck,meet him a few years ago at wall speedway

RGeeProductions
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
RGee, I don't think Jim said anyone talk s*** on this thread, I believe he was generalizing.

Yes he did, it was directed towards 'southermodfan''s post....read back....

RebelMtrspts29
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, its been a while since I have been around. I used to drive the #29 Grand Enduro. I moved to North Carolina 2 years ago to work for Rick Hendrick. Bowman Gray Stadium is a great time, great racing, great history, great car counts and great price. Most nights it is 9 dollars for me to get in, and multiple times through out the season Camping Word runs "Ladies Night" and my lady gets in for $1. Now that I am in 'racing country' i have been to them all, but there is still something special about out little hometown track back there on the island. I don't know if it is because i grew up at the HEAD or what but, i always love coming back. Hope all is well and good luck to everyone this year!!!!

unowho243
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
ok rgee........ figured ud take the mod guys side....

RGeeProductions
01-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah and I figured an answer like that from you.....everyone in all forums are equal...not siding with anyone..

"All you guys that frequent r-head and see empty seats, when you watch
"Madhouse" you will see very few empty seats at Bowman-Gray"

"just sick of all the people talking $**t about our track"

No one talked [blank] about Riverhead...that statement is a fact and was not putting Riverhead down!!!!

BTW: You seem to like to curse in the forum...well, drop the cursing!!!!!!!!!

Golf Guy
01-13-2010, 05:45 PM
It seems that forum life is imitating TV life?

RGeeProductions
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
It seems that forum life is imitating TV life?

Pretty much, huh?!?! :cheers:

racing#s
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
It looks like a 1/3rd,1/2 mile Track ? ,what size is it ? I checked out the website,couldn't find the size... I loved the fact they run 200 lap mod races.
Cool website for the Track.

http://www.bowmangrayracing.com/index.html

RGeeProductions
01-13-2010, 09:23 PM
It is a 1/4 mile!!!

cerckl'm racing
01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
And that was 200 laps on opening night!

Ka$h25
01-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Yeah and I figured an answer like that from you.....everyone in all forums are equal...not siding with anyone..

"All you guys that frequent r-head and see empty seats, when you watch
"Madhouse" you will see very few empty seats at Bowman-Gray"

"just sick of all the people talking $**t about our track"

No one talked [blank] about Riverhead...that statement is a fact and was not putting Riverhead down!!!!

BTW: You seem to like to curse in the forum...well, drop the cursing!!!!!!!!!

I took it as a subtle jab at Riverhead myself. What other purpose did the post have than to say 'we fill stands, you don't.'

Jim's initial post was obviously directed at southernmodfan, but I thought it was pretty obvious his second was a generalization of "ALL" the folks here who never seem satisfied with Riverheads product.

allhailunc
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
???:rolleyes:

unowho243
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
what ever dont bother me.. i love our little home track.....i met my fiance there and met some of my best friends there.... guess some people just forget where they came from thats all... and as for the cursing... sorry i appologize :rolleyes:

Ka$h25
01-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Trust me Jim you're not wrong. Riverhead is one of those things that wont fully be respected until it's gone. Me and you will probably be on a message board somewhere, someday, reminiscing of all the great times we shared at Riverhead Raceway

:cheers:

unowho243
01-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Hopefully thats a long long time from now kash lol dont want it goin anywhere anytime soon! we got a whole lot of saturday nights ahead of us!:cheers:

btgoss
01-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Again I am seeing too much "homerism" and not enough critical thinking.
(And please, before you say anything, I know it isn't my track, this is all just forum talk.)

Riverhead should be taking a long hard look at how the folks at Bowman Gray run their operation. They had been the only track that ran Modifieds for years. They have built a loyal fan base through giving the fans a show that seems like it's cheap at the current ticket price. That is very important.

The track is in a much more stock car racing friendly part of America, that is true, but it actually has a much smaller potential audience base compared to Riverhead. Additionally, while the economy has hit us hard here, it has hit places like that much harder, and for much longer.

The track enjoys a media friendly environment and does advertise. Combined with low ticket prices, very good food, and a very "exciting" show, you can clearly see why their attendance is often over 8,000 people. With those ladies nights seeing even more. (Now it is a College Football Stadium, so it does have superior seating, that is just something Riverhead will have accept as reality.)

None of this is meant to slam Riverhead. But one of those things we will be reminiscing about when Riverhead is gone, is the lost opportunities to build a strong fan base and even stronger driver base.

Riverhead gives the impression of an Empire in decline, not really doing much to recapture the glory days. For me, that is what is sad. There is so much that the track could do to get more new people in the stands and in the pits. It just never seems to happen.

unowho243
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree with you bt that they could do more like lower the prices even a little bit or have ladys nights once a month or something.... also advertize more... but our track is far from bad.. ive been to other tracks and riverhead isnt too bad compaired to them

maestri fan 1
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Well the comparison to Mahoning and Sundance isn't much of a competition Jim. Riverhead definately is better then them. It's when you go to tracks like Concord, Ace, etc. is when you realize Riverhead isn't the best track. I love Riverhead so much and I just wish they would take some lessons from this show. They could turn this track into an amazing place if they make some changes. But hey, we have been saying this for years. All we can do is hope like hell they make some positive changes.