PDA

View Full Version : Scanners

Danger83Ranger
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I know this has been talked about a lot but im not up to par with some of the changes for this season. Can someone show me a picture or explain to me exactly what kind of radio we will need for this season? there was some say that a race ceiver will work this season but i dont know who to believe. thanks in advance

CJfilms
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM
A Safeceiver is the right one to use...there is a link on the NEETS site, on the bottom left, the M&M's....Speedway communications.

http://www.speedwaycommunications.bizhosting.com/

Speedway Comm. sells the right scanner to use as they are our official suppliers, they will also ship it direct, fast and they are cheap!

Our frequency is 154.600, so IF you decide to go elsewhere, just make sure the scanner can pick-up this frequency.

If you go to radioshack, just tell them the frequency and explain what it is to be used for.

On bit of advice, if you need help programming it, ask the guy at the counter!!!! I am the worst when it comes to programming radios, so I usually just find someone who I know has a similar unit.

If you want a scanner check earlier in the day, ask me as soon as you get to the speedway!

On the practice date, March 27th, I will have my radio there to check/test scanners....

CJfilms
01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
The Raceiver: 450-470mhz

The Safeceiver: 151.000 to 163.4950mhz
http://speedwaycommunications.bizhosting.com/vhf_one_way.html

Obviously, since our frequency is 154.600.....the Raceiver is not going to receive our signal.

Changing to raceiver?
Will NEETS ever change to a higher frequency so that drivers can utilize a raceiver? Sure we COULD....it would only require my radio to be re-programmed...the problem is, how many drivers already have a scanner capable of receiving the 154.600 frequency?

We can potentially take a poll and see who has what kind of units and possibly switch.......but, I would have to see if Speedway Comm. would switch out their customer's units either free of charge or at a low cost....

Danger83Ranger
01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
those nascar scanners look pretty cool. ive found a couple used ones for under 80 bucks. maybe i will look into that.

Trav90
01-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I bought a Safeciever and I love it! It was one of most profitable purchases!

critter
01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
mike let me know when u can stop at the dx shop ill let u check out my scanner , it works good amd its small ,not in the way let me know, and joe no change on scanners thx

Danger83Ranger
01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
when are you at the shop? i pass there every morning at 730-745 or after work around 430-5.

critter
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
we are at the new shop every tues and thurs night around 5ish ,across from wizard world on high street

richardpetey
01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Better check with speedway com. to make sure you can take the static out of that radio of yours first...................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
01-14-2010, 08:51 AM
we are at the new shop every tues and thurs night around 5ish ,across from wizard world on high street

you guys are at that old gas station shop now? I thought that closed. Right next to Nickys restaurant?

critter
01-14-2010, 07:43 PM
yuppers thats where we are ars in the window and on the van , still tryin to get it up and runnin but at night its all dx :lol: