PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500 party & charity fund raiser

Mack
01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
:applause:Preparing for the 2010 "Daytona 500 Party & Charity Fund Raiser" on Sunday Feb, 14th. At 2 Great Locations here on Long Island. At Changing Times Ale House at 526b Larkfield Rd, East Northport, NY tele# 631-368-3255, or Changing Times Sports Pub at 1247 Melville Rd, Farmingdale, NY tele# 631-694-6462. All proceeds from these events go to local charities. ( Nassua / Suffolk Autism Society , St. Martins School Athletic Program & The Marty Himes Racing Museum of Nostalgia ) Tickets prices are - 1 for $5 - 3 for $10 - 6 for $15.... " Grand Prize"- 42" Plazma TV, "2nd Prize"- Sony Playstation 3 with Nascar 2009, "3rd Prize"- Acer Laptop Netbook. Along with a Chinese Auction, Games, A 50/50 cash prize , tons of give-aways and much, much more. Winners dont have to be present to win. Its opened to everyone from 9 to 90 years old. Doors open at 11:30 am. Special guest apperances from local Racecar Drivers / Teams , TV & Radio Personalities. It doesnt get any better than this. Come and be part of something special. Show why Nascar Fans are the very best and help out some great charities. Maybe even win a great prize. For more info : contact either the Sports Pub or the Ale House, Or E-Mail luvracen@optonline.net or GoForGreenTeam3@aol.com Remember as I always say," Be There Or Be Square" ! Special Thanks to our Sponsors ! P C Richard & Son , 102.3 WBAB Radio, Cmpdsignz.com, Marrzmotorsports, Speakers Street Sound & Security, Victory Lane Motorsports, Planet Party Planners, LongIslandjam.com & TheChromeHorn.com :applause:

DAN D.
02-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I have not been around, and it was great to take my 41 chevy pick up truck out (uncovered a foot of snow) and drove over to changing times pub, to see channel 12 interviewing people outside the pub, and having marty himes 2 classic stock cars ther, along with "freddy"s blue buick? Inside jammed packed double deep at the bar, and every seat filled, nice to see a lot of riverhead people and the great spirit of a great cause fundraiser, there were no free space on any wall that didi not have a hood, or tv widescreen, the food was awesome , and the hole in the daytona track gave plenty of time to chat, catch up with friends , and acquaintances, thanks to all that made that day worthwhile .. Kudos..

CuriousGeorge
02-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Saw Mr. Ackley on ch12 news just now. Great job.

Mack
02-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm always amazed how generous Nascar fans are when its comes to helping out there fellow men. They open there hearts & wallets wherever theres a cause or charity that needs help. Once again, this year was no different. Even with the economy in a slump, we beat out any expectations we could have ever set or even imaged, I'm very glad to say. Representatives from both, Nassau / Suffolk Autism Society and St Martins School in Wantagh were on hand. Helping with the fundrasing and enjoying The Great American Race "The Daytona 500". Most of them, had never been to a race or even watch one on TV. They were amazed at how devoted Nascar Racing fans are, especially to there Teams and Drivers. Most of them agreed, that they have to check out a race sometime this year. Either locally at Long Islands Riverhead Raceway or take a road trip to enjoy one with some friends. I say Awesome. Not only did we do something great for the fundrasing, but we made some new racing fans, too. Marty Himes from "The Himes Museum of Racing" once again was on hand. Talking about old times, from racing back in the day here on Long Island. As well as showing some awesome pictures from the past. Marty as usual held center court, with some of his old buddys as well as some new friends he made at the party. He always makes this event special for anyone who comes thought the doors. We always have to acknowledge our wonderful sponsors. Taking the lead, is our newest sponsor, " P C Richard & Son ", who gave us some awesome Grand Prizes to raffle off for this years charities. Along with our long time sponsors, who always come thought with some great give-aways and prizes. 102.3 WBAB, CMPDsignz.com, Speakers Street Sound & Security, Victorylane Motorsports, Planet Party Planners, Marrzmotorsports, LongIslandJam.com & The ChromeHorn.com. It wouldnt be an awesome party or an awesome event, without 2 great locations. I'm talking about Changing Times Ale House in East Northport or Changing Times Sports Pub in Farmingdale. They provided the best atmosphere anywhere. The staff was awesome, they brought to your table some of the greatest food deals in the world. Along with the " Daytona 500 " drink specials of the day, offer up by the beautiful & wonderful " Coors Girls ". ( J A, you know what I'm talkiing about ) The owners made sure everything was in place and everyone was kept happy and enjoyed The Daytona 500 race. It doesnt get any better then this, I'll tell yeah. Direct from Long Island Mac Carther Airport, NEWS12 LONG ISLANDS own Sports Director/ Anchor " MR. MICHAEL COLEMAN " made an appearance. Michael came directly from the airport, coming back from a visit with his sister in Maryland. To be part of our event and report on it for NEWS12s listeners. " A Big Thumbs-Up for The Big Guy ". Finally I have to thank my partners Mike, Lisa, Marc & Ursula without all your devotion, this would only be a party, not a major event. No body does it better then you. Oh ! I almost forgot. Anne Marie & Danielle thanks for putting up with all my bullsh-t this past couple of months. I know I'm a pain, while getting this together........ Hope everyone has a great year, as I always say" Be There Or Be Square " *Remember, you dont have to be the original to be the best. Just do the right thing for the fans. Thats whats important nothing else." I said it dont forget it "