PDA

View Full Version : Mahoning Valley Speedway Sets Practice Days, Opening Day

LongIslandJam
01-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Although still a few months away the wheels are in motion for the 2010 race season at Lehighton’s Mahoning Valley Speedway. The paved ¼-mile oval, run by the husband and wife team of Doug and Gena Hoffman, have put together four preseason practice dates in preparation for the Saturday, April 17 Opening Night.

On Saturday and Sunday, March 27-28 and April 10-11, the track will be open from noon until 4:00 pm for a paid practice session as well as tech inspection for all regular track divisions.

All classes/types of race cars are welcome to partake in the special test and tune dates. All practices offer free grandstand admission.

The official start of the 2010 season gets the green flag on Saturday evening, April 17 with a 6:00 pm start time.

The evening will actually be headlined by a race that has yet to be run from 2009. The fifth and final event from the Mahoning Valley Speedway Poker Tournament will crown the champion of the special five-race match series for the Modifieds.

Last year five 100-lap $3000 to win shows were scheduled but after several tries due to inclement weather the finale was put on hold until Opening Night 2010. A $5000 jackpot will be divvied between the top three drivers who are able to put together the best poker hand. That lucky trio will get $2500, $1500 and $1000 respectively.

Currently there are ten drivers who have a shot at sharing the payoff led by Eric Beers with a pair of Aces.

A whole new Mahoning Valley Speedway Poker Tournament will take place with another five races but with some new twists that will be announced shortly.

Also on the Opening Night card will be regular features for the Late Models, Street Stocks, Dirt Modifieds and Pro4 Late Models along with a 35-lap Modified feature.

The full 2010 schedule is still in the works and will be ready soon as the Hoffman’s are putting on the final touches.

Mahoning Valley Speedway is conveniently located just west of Lehighton on PA Route 443. For additional updates and information log onto www.mahoningspeedway.com or call the track office at 570-386-4900.

limodmaniac
01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Mahoning and then, on to Albany Saratoga the next day. Great weekend of racing!

Jaws
01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Albany Saratoga is a 2 day show, that may keep a few cars away from A/S.

limodmaniac
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I thought Saturday was practice only at Albany Saratoga.

uticamike
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
As far as I know the A/S ROC/MRS combo race is one day Sunday April 18th.
Saturday is reserved for practice as drivers learn set ups for this new venue.

Once again fate keeps me from my first ever visit to MVS.

Jaws
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Sweet, that would be a long double.