PDA

View Full Version : reasoning??

Maddawg
01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I was at the Motorsports show on Sat. Every other track, and series imaginable was there with a booth,or something!!!!!!!!!! BUT NO NOT SVS (This is the best advertisement time out there!!!!!!!! you have people coming from everywhere ?????What a wasted opportunity:mad::mad:There however was a Sundance Vacations Display, a beat up old cup car,and 2 young girls handing out raffle tickets to win some money, good gimmic for them but Absolutely no mention of the speedway???WHY???If you went up and asked them about the track , they were clueless that there is even a Sundance Vacations Speedway:help:just like almost anybody you talk to about it.
Now my opinion-- like it or not----- if you want a race track to SURVIVE, you must advertise-- expand your horizons, go out meet people, talk to them and entice them into WANTING to come to, or race at your track. Iknow you guys try,WHOOPIE the Laurel Mall show, just a handful of shoppers and a couple racecars.. and Depending on the internet just doesn't seem to be doing the trick!!!! Go out expand your horizons, spend a couple bucks and get exposure!!!!!How about a booth at the Racefest show in Harrisburg, full page adds in AARN ect.ect. Think about it , it's time to do what you HAVE to do to get more people in the stands and drivers in the pits!!!!!!

White Lightnin
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Back when I was going to Motorsports shows, it was only track schedules on a table at the Speed Boys booth. I couldn't figure it out back then either.

intense1
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I was at the Motorsports show on Sat. Every other track, and series imaginable was there with a booth,or something!!!!!!!!!! BUT NO NOT SVS (This is the best advertisement time out there!!!!!!!! you have people coming from everywhere ?????What a wasted opportunity:mad::mad:There however was a Sundance Vacations Display, a beat up old cup car,and 2 young girls handing out raffle tickets to win some money, good gimmic for them but Absolutely no mention of the speedway???WHY???If you went up and asked them about the track , they were clueless that there is even a Sundance Vacations Speedway:help:just like almost anybody you talk to about it.
Now my opinion-- like it or not----- if you want a race track to SURVIVE, you must advertise-- expand your horizons, go out meet people, talk to them and entice them into WANTING to come to, or race at your track. Iknow you guys try,WHOOPIE the Laurel Mall show, just a handful of shoppers and a couple racecars.. and Depending on the internet just doesn't seem to be doing the trick!!!! Go out expand your horizons, spend a couple bucks and get exposure!!!!!How about a booth at the Racefest show in Harrisburg, full page adds in AARN ect.ect. Think about it , it's time to do what you HAVE to do to get more people in the stands and drivers in the pits!!!!!!

Speedway management and the marketing team at Sundance Vacations are working together on a marketing plan for 2010. Sundance Vacations business is predominantly driven by their expert marketing staff. Through studies they have conducted, along with the state of the current economy, it has been determined that the majority of the potential customers(race fans) are going to be within 50 miles of the speedway.
That being said, we had discussed doing the Motorsports show together with Sundance Vacations, but decided to concentrate on drawing from the markets within 50 miles of the speedway(repeat customers). The show was nearly 100 miles from the track.
The staff that worked the show was from Sundance's Philadelphia office. I agree...that they should have been more aware of the Speedway.

White Lightnin
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Mike,

As long as your satisfied to keep your fanbase within that 50 mile limit, you should be in good shape. :rolleyes:

Isn't that like saying that anyone that lives south of Allentown should go to Mahoning? :wave:

thriller 34
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
we have people in charge of a marketing strategy???? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHY HAVENT WE FIRED THEM????

Maddawg
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Mike I have to disagree w/you on this!!!! Exactly how many of your teams, drivers are within that 50 mile radius??? maybe 1/2 or less. And how many of the 50 or so fans are from that area too... not many!!! On most Sat night shows and Enduros the people that are in the stands are from teams already racing there. Just cutting their costs a little since it is cheaper to sit there than enter the pits !!!!!!