PDA

View Full Version : Finally a race close to home!

jandj
01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I just saw the Tour will be at Langley (Hampton, Va.) in Sept.
I watched Mods there regularly from back when it was dirt up through the 70's until Late Model Sportsman (prior to them becoming BGN) shoved them aside. They used to run a SMART show once a year for a few years, but it's been awhile.
Hopefully a decent field will show.
Sure will be nice to see some cars without fenders nearby - Saluda (1/2 mile dirt about an hour away) runs a spec 305 ACSC Sprint class (unforunately it's a 30 lap race in the middle of 86 classes of tintops), and they run WoO every Memorial day Saturday- problem with that is I'm in Indy that weekend!

AlkyMadness
01-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Don't know about a full field. Especially with the news that the defending champ has moved to the North tour (no news on if he'll run any of the South tour this year, other than Bristol).

VSS has dropped the 305 sprints, but I believe they still have the mods.

Also, the WoO sprint race is earlier this year, May 15th, so you should be able to make that (unless you go to Indy that early). This race has been excellent the last two years and now that it's going to be earlier, you will probably see a lot more of the pa posse there. The last two years it's always conflicted with the Keystone Cup series.

I hope the South tour can recover and get it's car counts back up. But, how do you expect these teams to tow all over the place considering the pathetic purses?

worm
01-29-2010, 07:40 AM
heard loftin is all done with mods

NC Mudcat
01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
If George is gone, along with Loftin, and assuming Jr. Miller and T.I.M. B.R.O.W.N. (I learned on "Madhouse," it's such a difficult name you have to spell it out to make sure folks get it right!) will not run a tour, it will be hard to have a successful tour. Too bad. I guess that leaves Myers and Leathal Weapon to beat each other down.

David
01-29-2010, 08:36 AM
James W Civali :cheers:

TJ1976
01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Hopefully we'll be able to run the full schedule this year with our car...and you're right , the purses for the Southern Tour are pathetic

worm
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
what about Lajoie

David
01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes Corey will be running selected events starting with atlanta.

HillbillyCous
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes Corey will be running selected events starting with atlanta.

Looks like you will be able to run all of them with only the Bristol date close?

mends
02-25-2010, 05:48 PM
loftin isn't done... he'll be at atlanta... along with brown...

Tinkfan
02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I figure guys who run good at the stadium would give the flat 1/4 mile at Atlanta a shot?