PDA

View Full Version : Long Islands "Original" Daytona 500 Party Returns to JC's

hollywoodmic
01-30-2010, 09:21 AM
L.I. Daytona 500 Party Tradition to Continue at JC's Sun. Feb. 14

Long Island's biggest and most traditional Daytona 500 party will roll into the new decade Sunday February 14th at JC's Restaurant & Pub of Manorville and will feature some great new twists. The 2010 version of the Daytona 500 Party will be a Wave Energy Drink party and the Wave Energy drink girls will be on hand with two HOT garage passes each for the Sprint Cup events in May at Dover and the June race at Pocono.
The party will again be hosted by Steve & Tim Halpin along with Bob Finan of Riverhead Raceway in conjunction with John & Jen of JC'S Restaurant who will provide their annual endless free hot & cold buffet during the race with beer specials to be plentiful also. JC'S features over a dozen big screen Plasma HD televisions throughout the pub that is located in the clubhouse of the Pine Hills Country Club in Manorville. JC'S will also conduct a pool for one lucky race fan to win a 42" Plasma HD TV at the conclusion of the 500.
Fans can win the Sprint Cup garage passes by either buying a Wave Energy Drink product or an adult beverage that includes Wave, when they do they'll receive a raffle ticket. At the end of the race Steve Halpin of Wave will announce the two lucky winners heading to Dover May 16th and Pocono on June 6th. Wave Energy Drink of course sponsors the #36 Sprint Cup team owned by Long Islander Tom Baldwin Jr. who will have NASCAR veteran Mike Bliss at the controls of his Chevrolet for the 500.

The doors at JC'S will swing open at 11:00 am so the Halpin twins can start their famed Daytona 500 pools with nearly 10 such pools sold in 2009. Race fans should note with the announcement by NASCAR late in 2009 that all east coast Sprint Cup Series races would start in the 1:00 pm time frame arrive in plenty of time to see if they can walk away with a Daytona 500 win of their own.

Year in and year out you never know who you might bump into at the Long Island Daytona 500 Party and 2010 will be no different. JC'S Restaurant in the Pine Hills Country Club is on Wading River Road in Manorville, which is exit 69 of the Long Island Expressway, head south after exiting. From Sunrise Highway use exit 59 and head northbound.

We know you have many choices for The Daytona 500. If you don't choose to come spend the day with us, may you all have a safe day and a great time.

Steve Halpin

Mortgage Guy
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll be there and I'm off on Monday, so I should be in rare form, sleeping at the bar...LOL

bulldozer
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Turbush brothers will be there.:cool:

Mortgage Guy
02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
That's early.... I will have plenty of time to sleep after that...:)

hollywoodmic
02-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Getting ready to head over to JC's and get set up for the Wave Energy Drink Daytona 500 Party. Hope to see you there.

rydogg97
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
hope theres lots of wave with the breaks due to track falling apart!!:cheers:

hollywoodmic
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
There was plenty of Wave and plenty of people. I just want to thank everyone for coming out. The managment got a head count of 247 people at one time. It was a great day and a great finish, for the owner of the Tom Baldwin tribute Modified Kevin "Bono" Manion and Jamie McMurray. Congrats to thoes guys and again thanks to everyone who came out.