PDA

View Full Version : Larry Spencer Joins Sundance Announcing Team

LongIslandJam
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
St. Johns, Pa- The management of Sundance Vacations Speedway in St. Johns, Pa is proud to announce that Larry Spencer III of Nanticoke, Pa will join Speedway Announcer, Gene Ostrowski in the announcer’s booth for the 2010 racing season.

“I’m thrilled for the opportunity”, said Spencer after accepting the position. “I will finally get to realize my dream as an announcer”.

Spencer will replace “The Mouth” Ted Grow, who recently announced that he would not return this season. Spencer has a few races under his belt as an announcer, as he filled in for Grow while he recovered from knee surgery last season.

Despite being a high school student, Spencer has been around short track racing his entire life, including being a fan of his second cousin, “Mr. Excitement” Jimmy Spencer. He also competes in the Mountain Madness Enduro Series at the speedway and will continue to do so this season, which will help bring more excitement into the announcer’s booth on a weekly basis.

Following the second enduro event of the season on Feb. 27, the cars and stars from Sundance Vacations Speedway will be at the Laurel Mall Race Car Show in West Hazelton from March 3-7.

For the complete 2010 race schedule, please visit www.sundancevacationsspeedway.com

White Lightnin
02-04-2010, 08:15 PM
This brings back memories of the "good ol' days" of The New Evergreen Speedway when we had Larry Spencer flaging on the track, Andy Spencer on the flag stand and Bugsy Spencer in the promotor's position.

Of course we had more than a few Ed's, a Gary and even a Jimmy on the track racing. :)

Good luck with your new announcer position.

Rowdy Rules 51
02-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you so much for this geno and j.a. for posting it here. I remember first hearing geno announcing at the speedway in 2004 and I remember saying how cool it would be to do that someday. I would like to thank everyone for there support not only in my racing career but also in my newly found announcing career as I told geno and mike both this is my dream job ever since I was twelve and now I finally get the chance to prove what I can do. I'm new school with an old school attitude, and I'm completly honest amd call the races as I see em. I promise 2010 will be one rowdy season make sure everyone comes to the speedway on the 27th to see me both on the track and on the mic!