PDA

View Full Version : It don't seem right

skbob
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
It don't seem right that theres not more buzz on this board about New Smyrna Speedway.
nobodys commenting about last nights race. the 1st race of the world series.
sorry but I think its pathetic.
its been over 24 hrs. since the DanicARCA race was held (I could care less about her) that might have been a distraction for some, Bobby Gerhart won by the way
maybe because its superbowl Sunday,( I don't like any ball sports, or sports that don't involve a motor).
PLEASE show some enthusiasum regarding the modifieds at NSS
:cheers::cheers:

LiquidBread
02-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Okay sk, fair enough to a point. Let's recap:

Day One - Rained out with water spouts and tornado sightings.

Day Two - TC wins in pretty much a walk. Hoss, Silky, and Pennink show well, but .... a blow out. Other than the cold ones and bbq, a yawner.

Day Three - No mods and the Super Bowl.

Good time for those in attendance, but not exactly edge-of-the-seat stuff.

It'll pick up, but gosh .....

Muffy
02-07-2010, 11:32 PM
and oh yeah, Rocco was towed off the track hammock-style after he got into Silk and wrecked after Silk passed him for the lead. Silk later got put to the rear for over aggressive driving for putting TJ Zacharias in the wall...Silk came back to finish 2nd. David Cranmer won the SK race.

Teds Race Tours
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Last nights race at New Smyrna was nothing to write about....very dull, caution free...Ready for Monday night.

Mr_Magoo
02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
yea i hope this week gets better..should be some more cars showing up. :applause:

Rabbit504
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
There will be a little spice added on Tuesday night.:wave:

MJProcko
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
and oh yeah, Rocco was towed off the track hammock-style after he got into Silk and wrecked after Silk passed him for the lead. Silk later got put to the rear for over aggressive driving for putting TJ Zacharias in the wall...Silk came back to finish 2nd. David Cranmer won the SK race.

Actually muffy you missed a little bit on the big SK incident of the night. Prior to the crash Silk was behind Rocco giving him a few "friendly" nudges for a few laps to try and get by. Going into 3 Silk got under Rocco and Rocco wisely backed off giving Silk the lead, over the next lap or two Rocco returned a few "friendly" nudges of his own when the 44 of Gallup spun at the back of the pack coming off turn two where almost no one can see from the stands. No yellow was thrown and as the lead pack they came upon the 44 in the middle of the track Silk checked up with Rocco on his back bumper and they appeared to get hooked, going around and taking 4 others with them. Notably the 55 of Nicole Morgillo, the 03 of Pat Emerling were running pretty decent. Keep an eye on Nicole as she could make it to victory lane.

As for the Modifieds: it looked like a 25 lap heat race as there were no passes among the top 6 and went green to checker. If it hadn't been 6 months or so since I saw the mods I would have dozed off although better than the wreckfest of night one in 2009, just not nearly as exciting. Bear's 14 with John Jensen behind the wheel was the only car to even be close to TC as they pulled away from the rest of the field - great job by Bear and Jensen. They will make it to victory lane this year.

SLM was an ok race with the top 7 cars no match for the rest of the field. Ironically 5 of those cars finished 1-5 last night and where all disqualified by Ricky Brooks for softening their tires so congrats to Lonnie Sommerville and BJ McCloud for being fast and legal. Anyone who knows Southern Late model racing knows Ricky Brooks is notorious and if is in charge of teching the mods they better be careful on what tires they run tonight.

14 yo Steven Nasse put on the show of the night in the crate late models going high and low to take the win but if those crate motors are supposed to be equal there was no match for him. After last night I think they might be a closer to him or we are looking at the next, next best thing since sliced bread. Don't worry Shaun I am not claiming to have discovered him. :) reminded me of a few years back when this young kid from Wisconsin was turning heads at NSS, I think he is driving a Dewalt sponsored car or something now.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the FL MOD #27 driven by Dennis Pierce is the old Judkins 2x and if the #41 driven by Doc McKinney is the old #00 that Steve Park drove. Shout out to Doc as he's had two top 5 finishes despite not having the power of some of those cars. I used to race against him in go-karts and he is truly a good guy - keep it up.

Looking forward to getting back up there for wed. and thanks to the DuPont's for their coverage and thanks to speed 51 for theirs - they also have video from both nights too.

MJProcko
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Jim's got great photo's of the SK incident.
good job!

Rabbit504
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
The 14 is not the Bear Bomb.
It is a brand new Troyer owned by Jensen, with Bear as crew chief.

catfish
02-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Different Brooks teching the mods and his only rule is No Bear Feet:lol:

oleblue
02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
teddy's got a first and second so far, looking good:cheers::cheers: