PDA

View Full Version : Caraway 3/14

AlkyMadness
02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Just curious if any of the Northern Tour drivers will come down for this race at Caraway?

Also, what about guys that normally run MRS, ROC, local tracks up north?

Anybody got a summary of the new team line-ups for the Southern tour?

AlkyMadness
03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Okay, now we've had the Atlanta race and they had a larger car count than I expected. This is good.

How do we think the car count will be for next weekend at Caraway? I'd settle for the 23 we had at Atlanta plus 3 or 4 more.

After reading the Atlanta coverage, I'm really looking forward to 3/14.

Axel
03-06-2010, 06:47 AM
i went to the first Caraway race 2 years ago and it was great. Great track (kinda like a more banked Martinsville with a tiny, tiny dogleg in the backstretch.)

The weather was awesome that day (like 70) and it was like a little slice of spring for me before goign back home to the cold northeast.

I'd urge everyone to try to get down there.

RGeeProductions
03-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Here's a shot of the track....

JED
03-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Axel that was a beautiful day.
I was also impressed with the grounds. Very well maintained with nice landscaping. Truly a nice facility.

Tinkfan
03-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Looking forward to next Sunday at Caraway. Should be a great race. Hopefully a few of the Northern guys who usually run early in the season down here will make the trip.

The Frostbite race at Orange County will be another good one to see on March 20th.

Hammerdown
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Looking forward to our first trip to Caraway on Sunday. Forecast looks promising, hopefully it gets even better.

Can someone tell me what style seats they have at Caraway so I can decide to bring cushions or our stadium seats with the fold up backs?

Also, any news on any northern teams coming down? With the Frostbite the next weekend, I would think it would be a tempting two-race trip for some teams.

Axel
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
i'd bring the seatbacks! There are nice metal bleachers on turn one. There's shorter wooden bleachers on the frontstretch.

Have fun--real cool track and good racing on that track.

Hammerdown
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info!

limodmaniac
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Sit in the turn...best seats...not the front stretch

Bushman
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Just curious if any of the Northern Tour drivers will come down for this race at Caraway?

Also, what about guys that normally run MRS, ROC, local tracks up north?

Anybody got a summary of the new team line-ups for the Southern tour?

YES # 98X Dave Brigati from long lisland New York GEAT guy greater driver.Finish 4th at Atlanta race

Modman4
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree the turn one bleachers are the best seats in the house. The frontstretch bleachers are much older wooden style bleachers. I agree on the seatbacks. We usually sit in turn one in the newer bleachers and bring our seatbacks. You can also take your car around to the backstretch and turns 3 and 4 to watch the race if you like but you'll have to get there pretty early to get one of those spots. Folks usually take their trucks back there and sit on their tailgates and foldout chairs to watch the race back there. Usually when the mods race there there's a pretty decent crowd there. Caraway is a great track for the mods but is poorly run. Overall a good track though. There is a rain in the area as of now (Fri. night) and they are calling for rain Saturday but Sunday looks promising with a small chance of rain. Enjoy your trip down if you get the chance to make it.

Here's a link to our local weather if that helps:

http://www.myfox8.com/weather/

Caraway is in the Asheboro area

Hammerdown
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds like it is going to be a fun day at the track, especially with the weather forecast improving. Are the race tickets usually general admission (you can sit anywhere)?

limodmaniac
03-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Yup, pretty sure it is always general admission.. and again , the turn is the best place to sit

JED
03-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes, General Admission.

Weather is sunny. A chance of afternoon showers. Practice at one. Qualifying at four today.

Jaws
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes, General Admission.

Weather is sunny. A chance of afternoon showers. Practice at one. Qualifying at four today.

Very cool, we will be checking in later to see whats happening. Thanks Jim.

kinserfan11
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I would like to say a BIG Congrats to #47 Andy Seuss and his Team today on your win at Caraway Speedway in NWSMT Carawy 150 :):D

JED
03-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Andy Seuss pulls into Victory Lane video.

http://jimdupontphotos.smugmug.com/NASCAR-Whelen-Southern-2/NWSMT-31410-Caraway-Speedway/11502899_qtfsX#811210030_75esX