PDA

View Full Version : speedway conditions

STU
02-17-2010, 08:38 PM
has anyone been by the track to see what we will be dealing with on the 27th (snow wise)?

Rowdy Rules 51
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
I was at the track yesterday in my travels and trust me everything is completely snow covered. My car couldn't even make it into the parkin lot. Way more snow there now then even in January, might get a little Rowdy out there! See you all then

Rowdy Rules 51
02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Were all gonna have to bring our shovels and snow blowers and make our own way to the speedway!

intense1
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
That the racing surface will be in excellent racing condition for the February 27th Enduro.
If need be, we will have the track groomers working overtime, so that this Enduro will be a success...and hopefully help ease some of the pain that the Tracy family has endured.
Thanks again, to Cory Student for all his help in collecting a bunch of great stuff to give away.

Rowdy Rules 51
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Does excellent mean snow free?

intense1
02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
We are looking at an 8-12" base of packed powder, and we are making more snow daily. :cool:

Rowdy Rules 51
02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
If that's the case we might be lookin at the greatest race in the history of the speedway!

jimwhite
02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
this is a real funny sight for the racers that might make the 4 hour trip to race . it sounds like you cannot come up with a straight answer about the track conditions will it be clear or not . not knowing whats ahead might have a lot of people staying home just my opion jimwhite 29x small car :confused:

STU
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Plow the track and push it to the inside of the turns so no crying or cheating. JMO

53ny
02-19-2010, 03:49 PM
:disgusted Last that i can remember we were told at the drivers meeting that we could RACE anywhere as long as we hit the transponder wire.:rolleyes:..Cheating is determined by the OFFICIALS,not FANS, or SPECTATORS,and TISCHLER was DQ'd for such.:D..As for the snow on the track:help:,i think plowin a inside wall would be a great idea:applause:,as well as plowing some snow against the wall so we can all race like bowling balls bouncing off the bumpers!!!:applause: Hope that the pit area is getting plowed/serviced as well...Would hate to get stuck before i hit the track.....:cheers:

rpkulik
02-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I am looking forward to another run in the snow. How many chances will anyone get to run a great race on snow? I thoroughly enjoyed the last race and I am praying daily for more snow. I realize some may have a different opinion, but I hope they show up anyway.

Rowdy Rules 51
02-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I love the element of suprise, snow race again would be great! Whatever the track decides, great they know what there doing so let the powers that be figure it out. But personally leave the snow!

STU
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Another foot of snow Thurs into Friday!! I will have to flag from the infield on a freaking snowmobile! I will be there though with lots of free stuff to give away!! I guess we will see who the real diehards are now.

intense1
02-23-2010, 08:41 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed that the late week storm will stay to the east of us, and turn out to sea.
If not, we will be working overtime to have the track in shape for Saturday. You can say what you want about Joe C., but he is determined to get this race in. This event is important to many people, and promises to be better than the January event. Enduro racing is about enduring...which includes what Mother Nature deals us.
I sincerely hope that we have a good showing and can put on a great show for the fans, as well as the family and friends of Cheryl Tracy.
A BIG thank you already goes out to several people who have helped to make this event possible.
Don't sweat it...STU, we'll get you set up out there.

Rowdy Rules 51
02-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Great to hear Mike, that's why I'm so happy to be a part of the greatest track around......bar none see everyone Saturday and remember when were all out there racing thank you Joe!

micro60t
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I am looking forward to this race very much, weather or not! Should make for some interesting photos for the racing paper as well!!! I'll be there, camera in hand. :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
It seems to me that a lot of people are fired up for this race. From the sounds of it this is gonna be one Rowdy show! Racing in a foot of snow is gonna be insane. I personally can't wait!

intense1
02-24-2010, 09:02 PM
-The front parking lot is cleared to provide ample parking on Saturday.
-The pits are cleared with room on both the front and back road.
-With the warm temps (upper 30s) the last few days, and the dusting of snow last night...the track has about a 3" base on it-very similar to the surface that provided exciting racing in January.

-The weather forecast is calling for a decent storm on Thursday, however...depending on the track of the storm, we may get 2-8" of snow.
-The good news is that the storm will move out of the area Thursday night, which leaves all day Friday and Saturday morning to get the track in shape.

WE WILL RACE ON SATURDAY!...MARK MY WORDS.

Several folks have already volunteered to help with shoveling snow from the bleachers, and snow removal.

I will be at the track all day on Friday (and into the morning on Saturday, if need be)...to assure that this event happens.

NOW...All YOU have to do is...show up and put on a great show for the fans. From what I have heard, a large crowd is expected.

I will THANK all of you, in advance...Joe C., Cory Student, the Officials, Racers, and most importantly, THE FANS.

LET'S GO RACING!!!

Mike Odwazny
Sundance Vacations Speedway-Chief Steward

Rowdy Rules 51
02-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Me and some of my friends would gladly help out Friday!

White Lightnin
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
You can say what you want about Joe C.

Not me. Mike :angel: :lol::lol: