PDA

View Full Version : Running “Door to Door”, FIREHOUSE Teams up with Universe Racing

LongIslandJam
02-21-2010, 01:52 PM
BERWICK, PENNSYLVANIA- Like baseball and hotdogs, rock-n-roll and auto racing go hand in hand. Keeping that tradition alive, Universe Racing, an ARCA Racing Series Presented by RE/MAX and Menards race team is pleased to announce its alliance and marketing partnership with the multi-platinum recording band, Firehouse for both ARCA events at Pocono International Raceway this season. In conjunction with Tyler Jett Motorsports Marketing, the partnership has been agreed upon, with the possibility of the team running more than just the events at Pocono this year.

Consisting of band members CJ Snare, Bill Leverty, Michael Foster and Allen McKenzie, Firehouse has been a force on the hard rock music scene for over two decades. Most fans remember their rockin’ hits like “Don’t Treat me Bad”, “Love of a Lifetime”, “Live my Life for You” and “When I Look Into Your Eyes”, among others. After all of these years together, the band continues to tour, make new music and entice new fans while maintaining the same fan base they’ve had for years.

Firehouse front man and Pennsylvania native, CJ Snare, has always been a fan of auto racing. “We are very proud to support Universe Racing. As a young man growing up in PA, we always heard about the Pocono Raceway and for Firehouse to play a small part in the races is an honor. We are all race fans but by far the biggest fan is our drummer, Michael Foster”, noted Snare.

Matter of fact, the band released “Door to Door” on their CD labeled “Prime Time”. The song is specifically written around racing. Along with many other Firehouse favorites, “Door to Door” is available for download at iTunes.

Owned by Bronx, New York businessman, Tony Aquilino, Universe Racing is entering its first season of competition with Hazleton’s Steve Fox at the controls. Fox has over 30 years under his belt in many forms of racing. He began racing motorcycles and snowmobiles and has since competed at many local short tracks in the Northeast. He also has a handful of ARCA Racing Series starts at Pocono International Raceway, where he is the General Manager for the Stock Car Racing Experience.

“This is great”, exclaimed Fox when asked about the newly formed alliance. He continued, “I’m thrilled to be working with Firehouse, one of my favorite bands. When Firehouse burst on the scene in the 90s they really went right to the top. They have proved that they have staying power with how popular they still are today. I’m really looking forward to having a lot of fun with this and I hope they are as well. Looks like this season we’ll have to ‘Reach for the Sky’ “.

Firehouse will be in the Pocono area the night prior to the Pennsylvania 125, which is slated for July 31. Along with Skid Row, Firehouse will be performing at Penn’s Peak, a popular club in nearby Jim Thorpe, PA.

With Firehouse Music on the hood of the Firehouse Music Dodge Charger for both Pocono races this season, and if agreed upon by the management at Penn’s Peak, Fox and others from the Universe Racing team may be on hand at the Jim Thorpe venue for concert-goers to check out the full bodied stock car and the great rock band that helps support their efforts in the ARCA Racing Series.

Both Fox and the entire Universe Racing team look forward to the summer events at Pocono and hope to obtain backing to run more races this season. Thanks to Firehouse, Universe Towing, Valve Tech Sales and G-Force Racing Products, they’re off to a great start.

Please visit www.universeracing.net for more information regarding Universe Racing and view the entire Firehouse schedule at www.firehousemusic.com.