PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for 10 Years

LongIslandJam
02-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Ten years ago, LongIslandJam.com was founded on the premise of bringing the Long Island racing community together to help bring some attention to our passion, local stock car racing – the sport where we meet every Saturday night during the summer and work countless hours during the week and off-season to make happen. (For kicks, see our opening message here http://www.longislandjam.com/news/news022700a.htm )

I can’t believe it has been a decade, but over the course of those years the Jam has gone from a one-page, obscure site with random crazy rantings to the definitive source on Long Island stock car racing that garners attention and respect from all walks of life. While I’m really proud of that, I’m more proud of the racers, the fans, and the general public who use the site as a place to build camaraderie and attempt to better our favorite pastime.

However, over those 10 years, we would be nothing without our unrelenting help of our volunteer staff, who work night and day (and sometimes in their sleep) to keep the site updated with the latest news, information, photos, and video. I would also like to thank our sponsors, who make it financially possible for us to keep up with the ever-increasing demand from our visitors.

I was originally going to write a list of specific people that have helped the Jam along the way, but, if you are reading this, you, specifically, are to thank. You may have helped us in various ways along the years, or just visited our site, either way, you are the most important aspect to the Jam, and I sincerely thank you. I hope 10 years from now, as I wished a decade ago, that the Jam continues as Long Island racing’s go-to site and that auto racing on Long Island persists, prospers, and grows in acceptance among everyday society.

With sincere humbleness, gratitude, and appreciation, once again, thank you for letting us into your racing lives and being a part of your everyday routine.

Your Jam Man,
J.A. Ackley

Tracy87BB
02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Ten years already? Wow, JA, that is amazing. I, for one, am proud to have been a part of the Jam. Congratulations on your successes with it.

Lad3der
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
congrats on the 10 years. this is a big accomplishment

RichF
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey J.A.

I, for one, am really glad you started this endeavor and are continuing to keep it growing and getting better ! Having been (in the past) a [volunteer] Moderator for about 5 years on what is now a HUGE forum.. www.corvetteforum.com , I know how much time and effort goes into these things. Thanks to all of you who work to make Long Island Jam a great site to visit every day. Keep up the good work :cheers::cheers:

P.S. Nice re-design

Scotty Wolf
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, wow, 10 years!!!!!!!! Thanks JA, we would be lost without this, thanks to all involved as well.

The Bullfather
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Thank you J.A. and also an another thank you to Richie for all his help over the years.

Tommyj16
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Always Great keep it going Thanks:cheers:

figure849
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the gift the jam has given us all.
A place to get our fix.

unowho243
02-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Way to go guys and i thank you for providing us with such a great site for our racing community all the up to date sometimes to the minute info and photos you give us are awesome! thanks guys i hope many more years in the future!

RGeeProductions
02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
JA, congrats on 10 years!!!
I am glad I have been a part of it for about 7 of those..... thanks

Golf Guy
02-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks for doing what you do. I hope all of you know how appreciative we all are. Thanks again and congratulations.

Jaws
02-28-2010, 01:42 PM
10 years. wow!

Everyone does such a great job here.

This is one of the best web sites for racing anywhere.

Thanks for all the hard work and decication I don't think many people know how much goes into a site like this.

FERGBIZZ
03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
wow! 10 years already? Thanks for all that you do...

on another note...whats with the new layout on here?

Erin C
03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
JA, I remember when this was just an idea in your head when you were working with my brother on the specifics of the website! I can't believe this was 10 years ago!!! I remember how much work went into building the site and it was really worth it.

Congrats and may you have continued success for years to come! :applause:

AJ17x55
03-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Makes me think of all those fun Sunday nights sim racing at montauk and the late night convos while we were going to college up in the sticks. Congrats!