PDA

View Full Version : Here's a NEET Idea!

CJfilms
02-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Kenny and I were talking about a Saturday night enduro....

We have the date already picked out, but it is not set in stone yet, so I'd rather not publicize the date yet.

Race details:
One division - TBD
50 Laps
Entry Fee - TBD
No points!
PAID Pre-registration!
Race Date.... TBA

You can help us determine a few things though...

1) Which division?
I have an idea for purse layout, $25 to enter with a pro-rated purse, 50 cars MAX! But, the division has to be the bigger of the two....If we have an average of 50 small cars and 40 big for normal events....the small cars will run that night... Unless we get a definite YES from more drivers in one division..... Can we do this twice this season? Possibly! But, the first race has to be a success and I mean 50 cars!

2) Entry fee?
Yes, I do have an idea about what I want to do with the entry fee...but if you have a better idea, I am willing to listen.

3) Race date?
As I said, we do have a date already, so this is not open for discussion...however, I can tell you this... This is a Saturday night BEFORE a Sunday NEETS race...so cars would be able to be left pit-side or in the parking lot overnight...

The date in mind is to be televised by RCN, Local Sports News Station....so, we need to make this BIG! A 20 car field would do nothing but HURT the series....we need big car counts and organization. I have to do a PAID pre-registration to guarantee and advertise the purse, however the entry fee is still to be determined...

I will discuss this more at the first race, but in the mean time...let's stir things up! Voice your opinions here and please, keep the posts focused on this topic... Yes, I know how cool this is, so let's keep the posts focused....

Thanks and let's really shine strong here!

critter
02-26-2010, 10:20 AM
count dx in , me + tv = oh yeah

Poppop
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
:lol:If it winds up being small cars, I can do it cause I have a backup car but there is one weekend that I won't be able to make it. The June race is out for me cause I have a long trip to make for my grandson's graduation and I already promised. :wave:

Danger83Ranger
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
not sure if I would be able to do this or not, but I would vote the small car class. the whole night of racing is going to be high powered rear wheel drive racecars, why not give the crowd something different with the small cars? the small car class seems to be of popular demand and seem to be cheaper to create. when neets attracts new drivers, i think the majority of the time they build a small car. Entry fee? the normal 25 is what we pay on saturday nights for the pits/racing. i think thats what it should be always.

All in all, I would enter for this race, even if it is the night before a regular neets event. I think its a great idea.

Lad3der
02-26-2010, 11:33 AM
i'll be there as long as it doesn't interfear with my riverhead schedule

rpkulik
02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Count me in.

richardpetey
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Whatever date you decide on, announce it soon........................:rolleyes:
Some of us race at other venues and have to check schedules and make proper arrangements to prepare for the show................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
A) I agree that we need the date to hold on calender.

B) Since it is the night before another race I feel the costs to race needs to be kept low.

C)" Put your money where your mouth is" Have anyone who would participate pay in advance.
The class with most prepays races.

D ) Count me in. I would bring 2 small cars or 2 big cars.

E )To have us race as hard as possible winner take all ?

phil

ThePill
02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I could guess on the date but I'll leave that to Joe to spill. It would be awesome to run under the lights on a Saturday night. Hopefully the car would stay in one piece, that would make for a long night and early morning.

punchy
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
WOW that would be cool to see on a Saturday night! Lots of racing that weekend. And televised whats better than that!:wave:

mcstockcar
02-27-2010, 08:55 AM
count me in. Would there be points awarded for that? Regardless it dont matter to me im in.
I never raced at night, only in the dark with one headlight through the woods.:wave:

critter
02-27-2010, 01:42 PM
joel just keep it on the tires ,just kiddin , jack i do belive its a none points race , and i agree with phil , lets do it , like i said critter on tv wow high ratings :cheers:

rockinrick120
02-28-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm in can't wait. I like the small cars but most racers started out in a street stock class or similar and worked there way up so they like to see the big cars cruising around. Even though alot of people would leave at the end of the modified race at wall. We would still get alot of people sticking around to watch the factory stocks because they were entertaining.Lets put on a great show and maybe we can make some new fans to come out on a sunday to watch the races.

BIGDADDY64
02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
count me in too it will be cool to run under the lites on a sat. nite

critter
02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
duh big bro look up a few posts ,i said dx would be there lol :D

BIGDADDY64
02-28-2010, 02:56 PM
well excuse me

critter
02-28-2010, 05:34 PM
your excused big bro love ya man , love the idea of the night race , hope the big cars go ,just gotta make sure we dont wreck em for the next day or like big bro said we will have to pull a all nighter

CJfilms
03-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Costs....
I was looking towards $25 to enter the race and there would be the option to rent the transponder at normal price, but you would not have to pay the next day to use it again...

Winner take all....
That was my original idea....but.... being this is a money race before a race for points, I don't want to see the last few laps turn into a wreck fest just to grab a $2,000+ purse....

Tech....
Now, this is where I get tricky. Any cars that make it into a paying position, MUST STAY for the Sunday race AND QUALIFY NORMAL TECH PROCEDURES ON SUNDAY. This means that if you win the race, your car will be tech'd Sunday morning and you will be paid out once the car passes after the race on Sunday. This is meant to keep the cars there for the main race as well as prevent any cheaters from jumping in and jumping out....The race would then cost you twice as much and you still walk away with nothing if you are DQ'd.

Division....
I like that idea Phil...maybe we can do it that way.... Have everyone send in their paid pre-registrations for that race....first division to hit 50 cars will race....the other division will receive their money back at the next event after the 50th registration. ????? Maybe that is a sure-fire way to do it?

critter
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
when do u want us to start sending them in ????

richardpetey
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
You still have to pay Grandview at the back gate to get in the pits...................:disgusted
Plus, we are crowded in the pits on a regular NEETS Sunday show, where are they gonna park 50 enduros in addition to the Saturday night show racecars............:confused:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ThePill
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
The mods won't be there, don't know how many other cars will be racing though

jag
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Count me in,Saturday night,under the light,gonna be sweet,definitly gonna be NEET!

Poppop
03-03-2010, 05:47 AM
:lol:Are you going to keep the date a secret Joe or are you going to let us know?:lol:

Danger83Ranger
03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
they would park us outside the pits in the field next to the pits. plenty of room for a third show. and your crews wont have to pay to get in!

and im sure joe is still talking to kenny about the event, like he said, nothing is set in stone yet and its going to take some time to figure out. but since there are what 6? nights that are shown on rcn-tv, i dont think it would be too hard to narrow it down, lol.

CJfilms
03-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Hush you! Go about your being dangerous!

Yes, as Mr. Dangerous himself stated, the date can be figured out quite easily, however Kenny and I do need to coordinate this and make sure everything is a go....

Critter, and everyone for this matter, DO NOT SEND ANYTHING IN YET!!!! Once we get the details figured out, I will post info up on here and the website.

Petey, as far as packing the cars in, there will be 40+ less cars there that night with the Mods being off the card, so there should be room......so long as people park appropriately....not leaving 8 feet of space between trailers. This is an issue WE WILL DEAL WITH AT EVERY RACE THIS SEASON.....I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of assigning pit spaces, so we will see how long we can go without having to do that. Saving space for your friend is understandable....but you can't save 30 feet for one trailer. And, yes, this has happened a number of times in 2009. The solution....get there early! If we have to move you around, we will do so to cause the least amount of distress....if our officials see gaping spaces between trailers, WE will fill the space.

Poppop
03-03-2010, 08:40 AM
:lol:Let's see. Not enough space = more cars = bigger purse = more cars.
Now that sounds like progress.:applause:

CJfilms
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
So if...

Not enough space = more cars = bigger purse = more cars.

Does...

More cars = bigger purse = more cars = not enough space?

LOL!!!! I like it!

Poppop
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
:lol:It means NEETS growth which means I have a place to race. Yay! :applause::applause:

Danger83Ranger
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM
no mods that night? well the only night thats rcn-tv that doesnt have late models and 358 modifieds is july 31st, but they have the steel block bandit late models and the sportsman modifieds. so the rcn-tv events have modifieds every time. i think im on to something here...lol

critter
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM
if we run out of parkin , i know someone that lives across the street with plenty of parkin lol :cool:

Maddawg
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Count us in !!!!!! We'll be there with both v8's 417 and 14.. Just let us know the Date so I can see if it conflicts with Eric's f/s racing
Winner Take All, good Idea, but probably won't be popular with everyone.
Rules??
open them up a little for the Sat night show??
or must be NEETS legal "both" races
must use same car both races???
just some ideas
Maddawg Motorsports
417-12-21-14

CJfilms
03-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Rules have to be the regular NEETS rules....don't forget we have a race the next day and if we do open them up a little, there will be a lot of people who will either benefit that night or loose out big on a points race the next day.

However, either way, the winners will be tech'd the next day, cars must be left pit-side untouched. Any cars that are worked on overnight, hood open, jacked up, etc., will be DQ'd.

I have made "one" decision about the purse though....obviously, if we are paying out top 5, we would hold 6 cars (6th being on the bubble). IF we have to DQ more than one driver, the positions not being paid out will have that money roll into the points fund towards the banquet.

This is only fair since we cannot ask 20 cars to stick around all night long....too many people, too many possibilities... Besides, if we have to DQ even 1 driver, that's a problem of it's own...

I don't want anyone DQ'd. I don't want to walk away with 1, 2 3, 4 or 5 payouts.....I want the drivers to take home what they deserve! The rules for this race will be the NEETS rules, the payout and entry will be determined as with the date.

Keep the ideas rolling in though!

I know a lot of people would like the "winner takes all" idea, but like I said....it will be a wreckfest by the end of that race....what about a winner takes most? This way, top X drivers still get something, but the winner gets the big prize....

Danger83Ranger
03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
im still all for having the payout to be spread through the field. its nice to get a little something back for those who are not front runners just like in real racing

critter
03-04-2010, 05:46 PM
oh yeah now we get to race with madddawg ,im so in

CJfilms
03-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Easy Critter....don't get him riled up....in fact

CALM DOWN WINK!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

critter
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
me be calm now thats funny ,with all the mt dew runnin in my body lol

EnduroFromDE
03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
well first off, i would not be able to attend due to my new job at Airport Speedway on Saturday nights, and this is not OFFICAL but Im gona say the date for this saturday night race would PROBELY be Saturday Aug 31st(this is a guess) since there are only 2 RCN TV Events the night before a NEETS race July 3rd, and Aug 31st. The 4h of July weekend has the Firecracker 40 so theres probely going to be alot of Latemodels there along with the mods already scheduled to be there so I dont see why they would add a 50 car enduro to that night.

Danger83Ranger
03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
no mods that night? well the only night thats rcn-tv that doesnt have late models and 358 modifieds is july 31st, but they have the steel block bandit late models and the sportsman modifieds. so the rcn-tv events have modifieds every time. i think im on to something here...lol

did you miss my previous post? haha, here is a reminder just in case.

basically joe said, the race would be on a saturday night with RCN-TV and No Modifieds with a neets race the next day. the only logical day on the grandview schedule would be July 31st, its the only rcn-tv event that does not have the actual nascar mods, although it does have the sportsman mods... and a neets event the next day.