PDA

View Full Version : NEETS Website...browser...

CJfilms
03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
So, I have noticed that on my two different browsers, the main page looks different.

I have taken a poll before and some people use Internet Explorer, some use Mozilla....I'm not going to get back into that discussion, however I did notice on Mozilla the page looks correct....on IE, the left hand lower column is not where it belongs.....

If you are using IE, please let me know how the main page looks on your computer....I will work on fixing this as well, but I can't test it out as the home computers use Mozilla and the work computers use IE....

Thanks!

Danger83Ranger
03-01-2010, 08:49 AM
im using the newest version of firefox, and the page looks crooked. the column is not where it is. the middle of the page is blank and the center section is scrunched

CJfilms
03-01-2010, 09:27 AM
That may be because of the giant logo.....I will have that fixed tonight at the latest....

I guess I should have waited to fix the huge logo problem before I asked if the page looked funny, huh? LOL!!!

Thank you!

Erin C
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I sent you screen shots on how it looks on my Internet Explorer at work...I don't know what happened but a few weeks ago it was fine.... :help::confused:

CJfilms
03-01-2010, 09:40 AM
IE is just troublesome....

I fixed the logo problem, so now the page should look normal in Mozilla....

IE gave me problems ever since I upgraded to IE7 a few months ago....ever since then, it never wanted to align the left column....

Danger83Ranger
03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
still looks the same, here is a screen shot.

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj393/hotrodder000/untitled-2.jpg

witchin8
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Joe.... you can go here

http://browsershots.org/

and select all the different types of browsers and within minutes (some times up to 10) you can see how the page displays in all of them. just type the url of the site into the bar above all the checkboxes.

critter
03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
all looks good on my end ,

BIGDADDY64
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
joe i have internet browser and it looks fine to me

RGeeProductions
03-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Joe, set up the page using a table, then cells within the table. It will correct the viewing problem among browsers. Been there, done that.....

witchin8
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
It looks like that is how he has it...... BUT......

according to W3C standards you should not do that.

To me it looks like the problem is down within the series sponsor section on the bottom left, but I could be wrong.

Poppop
03-03-2010, 05:44 AM
:)Mine has looked fine all along. I have IE both at home and at work too.:wave:

Danger83Ranger
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
looks good now...awesome

CJfilms
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
LOL! I know I'm not supposed to set things up that way, but .....it happens....

The code has tables, and tables within tables....The issue with IE is it keeps reading some of the dead space that I have set up as a reserve for the PR releases as empty, causing the left column to align itself towards the center.... Mozilla, however corrects this and the page is viewed correctly. I believe older IE versions read it differently, not moving columns and such....

Also, the series sponsor section....it is a new row in that table, that's why it shifts towards the center....I had this figured out once....then IE updated and it looked goofy on my computer and I could never fix it again. I will be working on this later today, so hopefully I will get it solved!

CJfilms
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
May have it fixed!

Removed a few tables and re-organized...check it out now!

My IE shows it correctly now....