PDA

View Full Version : It ain't easy being charitable...

CJfilms
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, with just over a month away from our first event (:eek:) I am having a bit of difficulty finding a charitable sponsor for the first race!

We will be collecting Pet Food and Supplies later on in the season once again....
We will be raising money for the American Cancer Society, via Relay for Life...
We will be collecting Winter Coats to be donated to local families in the Tri-state area...
We will be collecting toys for Toys-4-Tots once again too!!!

But what can we do for the first event????

I am in the process of setting up a canned food drive with a local radio station to be able to collect throughout the season and donate it all at once...however, it is slow moving...

The motto is if you donate it we will give it away! But, we can't collect everything!!! We need to find local charities!

If you know of a local charity, and would like to get them involved with NEETS, please forward me their contact information. Please email it to me, joe@neetsracing.com

Charity qualifications:
- Does not have to be registered 501(c)3, so long as the contributions are not monetary.
- NEETS focuses on local charities that feel an immediate impact from donations.
- We tend to want to stray away from collecting money at each and every event, hence the clothing, food, pet food and toy drives, etc...
- Charitable organization does not have to be collecting something.... i.e. Checkered Dreams, Special Olympics, etc... <-(Waiting for some info Big Daddy!)
- Donations can be monetary, physical items or even services provided... i.e. volunteering time to help the needy.

It doesn't take much to help out a lot! Just forward me some info and we will get the ball rolling. If you are unsure about how we can help or get involved, don't hesitate to ask...the possibilities are endless!

All I ask is that the requests are serious! I understand that the economy isn't the greatest right now, but please don't send me a request to start a "Critter Racing Fund".....especially if you are Critter! .....thanks for being my example Critter! ;)

Send info to:
joe@neetsracing.com
I prefer email so that it is in writing and the details are clear.

critter
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
you r welcome joe , i will talk to bigdaddy he has a few i think that would be great for this

CJfilms
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Let's try to get something on board quick as with only a month away, there isn't a lot of time to promote it and assure a big turnout....

Worst case scenario.... If we do not hook a charity sponsor for this first event, we will be collecting NON-PERISHABLE food....canned goods and such....

I will release some details in the upcoming week or two......anyone familiar with the Camp-out for Hunger in November, presented by WMMR and Preston and Steve?