PDA

View Full Version : Carl Edwards

limodmaniac
03-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Not a huge Sprint Cup fan, but have always liked Carl Edwards. And I am not a big fan of Kesolowski but Edwards gets the bone head move of the race at Atlanta today. What does he think he's creating a new edition of Madhouse?

dj lance
03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
that was not a cool move on carl's part!!

Sicklajoie
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Brad's had it comin for a long time. I'm sure no one expected the car to get airborne. Get rid of them damn wings!

unowho243
03-07-2010, 08:54 PM
i agree brad had it comin the kid aint making many friends in nascar

Jaws
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Brad's had it coming for a long time. I'm sure no one expected the car to get airborne. Get rid of them damn wings!

That first wreck was not his fault, Carl came down on him and Brad had no where to go..

There is a big difference between turning a guy in the turn or a slower part of the track and chasing him down and spinning him at the fastest part of the track.

I am not a fan of Brad but he did not deserve that today, no one does.

Not cool Carl Edwards. What since you have not done a back flip in a while you figured someone else should?

night gent
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
" The first crash wasn't Brad's fault". Sorry but 40 laps into a 500 miler you must lift and lose the position. Bad brad has been wrecking competitors since he came on the scene. I bet Hamlin has an ear to ear grin right about now. You earn respect by giving it. Brad deserved what he got!

Jaws
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
" The first crash wasn't Brad's fault". Sorry but 40 laps into a 500 miler you must lift and lose the position. Bad brad has been wrecking competitors since he came on the scene. I bet Hamlin has an ear to ear grin right about now. You earn respect by giving it. Brad deserved what he got!

If he was hurt or worse would that have been even better? Please, the old macho I'm tougher than you so take that days are long gone.

I am sorry, if you look at the replay the 99 came down, the 12 never changed his line and whether he was lying or not said he liftted and tried to avoid Carl.

Brad does have a long way to gain respect but he should not have to pay for it like he did today...sorry.

Brian Hawks
03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
The wing will be gone soon.. and this won't even be an issue anymore. No one means to turn someone and "that" happen.

Teds Race Tours
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM

How about 40 laps into the race you stay in your lane and not chop down on the car below you? That arguement can go both ways.

11skmod
03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Brad didnt do any wrong IMO. He is a young gun like edwards was and is trying to be a competitive winning driver Like smoke,etc Carl has lost my respect he started to loose it when he grabbed Jr a few years in a interview he thinks he is above the others and full of him self hope his year continues to go south everyone goes through it .

Teds Race Tours
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
If the roles were reversed yesterday and Carl was the car on the inside, I think he would have complained about the 12 Car coming down on him. Maybe Carl wants everybody to just stay out of his way and give him the fast lane all day?

I'm not a fan of either Carl or Brad, so I don't really care either way. Nobody got hurt, and it'll sell some tickets for Bristol and Martinsville Controversy always sells tickets.

night gent
03-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Juan Pablo Montoya warned Keselowski’s previous Cup crew chief Roy McCauley not to bring his best equipment to the track in the closing races because if Hamlin did not take out the No. 12 car — someone would.

“I said that last year because he wrecked a lot of people,” Montoya said. “I’m sure a lot of people wanted to pay him back. Looking at the TV, somebody did.”

It sure seems Brad has a few enemies. The fact that the car flipped is what people are upset about. Carl was obviously trying to spin him out and was surprised Brad was upside down. I still think Kes had it coming!

Golf Guy
03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes Keselowski had a pay back coming. I don't think Brad would even argue that (and not for his bump with Edwards yesterday). But to turn a guy at 185mph and say "I didn't mean to get him airborne" is just plain stupid. Edwards gets a big thumb down on this one.

night gent
03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
So Carl should have waited till Bristol to dump Brad and take out 6 or 7 innocent drivers. Spinning someone out on a slow track doesn't send much of a message. Brad would have walked away with a sh_t eating grin like he did when Hamlin spun him. Getting his bell rung just might wake him!

Racer1_NC
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
....and just watch the TV ratings next week. ;)

Golf Guy
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
So Carl should have waited till Bristol to dump Brad and take out 6 or 7 innocent drivers. Spinning someone out on a slow track doesn't send much of a message. Brad would have walked away with a sh_t eating grin like he did when Hamlin spun him. Getting his bell rung just might wake him!

So this is the way you want to promote the sport? Who says you have to take out 6 or 7 or however many drivers at a shorter track? I have seen many paybacks at a shorter track where only the intended is wrecked, but I guess Edwards isn't that good at it?
And I am not a fan of Keselowski or Edwards, just a big fan of racing. JMO

Precision Auto
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Juan Pablo Montoya warned Keselowski’s previous Cup crew chief Roy McCauley not to bring his best equipment to the track in the closing races because if Hamlin did not take out the No. 12 car — someone would.

“I said that last year because he wrecked a lot of people,” Montoya said. “I’m sure a lot of people wanted to pay him back. Looking at the TV, somebody did.”

It sure seems Brad has a few enemies. The fact that the car flipped is what people are upset about. Carl was obviously trying to spin him out and was surprised Brad was upside down. I still think Kes had it coming!

Since when did Juan "the choir boy" Montoya become the spokesperson for good and bad behavior? :confused:

night gent
03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
People have their shorts in a bunch because the car flipped. If he bounced off the wall and spun there would not be the same response. On a different topic, I cant wait till waterford's opener and then i'll hit wall the following weekend for their opener. Any positive responses for albany/ saratoga switching to asphalt? I think the supers will do well there!

BigMac
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
People have their shorts in a bunch because the car flipped. If he bounced off the wall and spun there would not be the same response. On a different topic, I cant wait till waterford's opener and then i'll hit wall the following weekend for their opener. Any positive responses for albany/ saratoga switching to asphalt? I think the supers will do well there!

People have their shorts in a bunch because it was damn luck nobody was hurt. Did you see the birdcage on that thing? I'd take 6 or 7 wrecked cars at Bristol or Martinsville over someone getting hurt. Or better yet, finish it in the pits after the race like they did in days gone by.

night gent
03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
The problem with low speed payback is that it is no payback at all. Keselowski has routinely wrecked people at high speeds yet you want him wrecked at 60 miles per hour.As the old saying goes, " when you play with fire..........................". If Carl would have punched Brad in the face as Big Mac suggests, he would be called immature and a baby. Brad has to learn that good aggressive driving doesn't always entail crashing people to gain one or two spots early in a race. In a nationwide race a few weeks ago he wrecked logano to go from fourth to third at the finish. He wasn't even going for the win yet put Joey at great risk. sorry but I wont shed a tear for a dude who has no respect for his competitors. Brad has been way too reckless and earned a wild ride for his actions!

BigMac
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
The problem with low speed payback is that it is no payback at all. Keselowski has routinely wrecked people at high speeds yet you want him wrecked at 60 miles per hour.As the old saying goes, " when you play with fire..........................". If Carl would have punched Brad in the face as Big Mac suggests, he would be called immature and a baby. Brad has to learn that good aggressive driving doesn't always entail crashing people to gain one or two spots early in a race. In a nationwide race a few weeks ago he wrecked logano to go from fourth to third at the finish. He wasn't even going for the win yet put Joey at great risk. sorry but I wont shed a tear for a dude who has no respect for his competitors. Brad has been way too reckless and earned a wild ride for his actions!

Lessons can be taught on short tracks. Especially if said person is taken out and falls out of the points. Missing races gets the owners and sponsors attention real quick. I'm not defending Brad at all mind you. He has a lot to learn. I'm just saying there are better places to get even. Nobody needs to see cars flying up into the fences.

Bob T. Racer
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM

After Carl took him out, how many cars got wrecked because of a green-white-checker? More than 6 or 7!

hollywoodmic
03-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Blame NASCAR!!!! Just how many cars in how many series does Brad have to wreck before something is done???? I believe Brad was the one who hit Carl and launched him into the catch fence and fans were injured. He has fueds going with Logano, Hamlin, Edwards, Montoya...................Could all of those guys be wrong or is it because this kid was chosen at one time by an Earnhardt he feels he can intimidate people like one. Let someone wreck your tour modified 5 or 6 times and NASCAR do nothing about it. You tell me how you would handle it. I'm saying he gets what he gives and that is ZERO respect. I didn't like that the car flipped but I'm glad Carl took him out.

rumrunner
03-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Carl sent himself into the fence at Talladega because he threw a late block when Brad tried to pass low. Neither that incident or the one Sunday were Brads fault. Watch the videos.

I would love to see what would happen if Carl was leading a close points battle in the Nationwide Series with one race to go and Hamlin leading the Cup points in the same senario.

catfish
03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Obviously most of the drivers and crew have felt differently in the past, if you remember when Hamlin took him out in the Busch race, he dam near received a standing ovation on pit road when they parked him!!!!

night gent
03-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey Rumrunner those two incidents were not the only ones between Carl and Brad. If you watch the Nationwide series there were many instances where Brad intentionally wrecked Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch, among others. The kid is supposedly disliked in the garage by many drivers and crew. I dont understand all the support for keselowski. He was warned by NASCAR brass last season that he was making too many enemies. Maybe now he will realize that although stock cars do not have brake lights, they do have brakes!

Howie
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-critics-should-stop-whining