PDA

View Full Version : grudge races ????

critter
03-07-2010, 06:36 PM
ok so the 00 and the 90 wanna have a small car vs big car 20 lap race , what u think ??? can we do it ?? all money goes to a good charity :D and its all in fun of course

CJfilms
03-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Zoom Zoom vs T-Rav?

Money? Charity?

It can be done, but what did you guys have in mind? Just the two of you out there? We wouldn't need to get any money involved for one race between just two cars....unless you are thinking about doing something else?

Why not a TEAM race? Team DX vs T-Rav's team.....as soon as he submits his team info!!!

One of you guys call me tonight and let me know what you are thinking.....anything is possible!

EnduroFromDE
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
How about a Make/Model race. cars with the same make/model/body style race together for 10 laps, $20, winner takes all...for example: 4 cyl J body cars(cavaliers, sunfires, firenza:lol:) 8 cyl A/G body cars(Montes, grand prix, cutlass, regal) or something like that...each race having a new body class racing and switch from 4cyl to 8 cyl. and maybe an overseas race for those zoom zooms out there or the Bimmers...

critter
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
we talked about it at the mall over the weekend ,lets put are heads together and come with something good ,i think it will work

EnduroFromDE
03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
my idea wasnt good??? i thought it was clever...the cars are built alike exact everything from a body to a body, j body to j body...so its in the set up and drivers hand...thats how it should be...

miller78
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
im game for a under 25 age race lol

DerbyN8-128
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
fans aren't going to be thrilled about two cars racing around the track for 20 laps. :disgusted

Philter39
03-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Derby is right. Most of the cash dashes I have seen Modifieds run are decided by the 1-2 turns.
1-2 laps is all that is needed. phil

Lad3der
03-09-2010, 01:32 AM
an officals race

CJfilms
03-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok....let's put this all together....

Nate and Phil have a very good point....20 laps is too much for a dash race, and 2 cars is too few for that distance...

2 Lap dash races....bragging rights? dash 4 cash? plaques?

Can be grudges (only 2 cars)...make/model....under 25...over 55....rookies only...

1 lap dash...reverse race...standing start drag style...driver switch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Let's see what can come out of this...
How about, for the first race on April 11th, we start out small with TWO 2 Lap dash races, one for drivers under 25 and one for drivers over 55? Lined up as they come out...hand scored...we'll decide here on the forum what the award will be. Laps will be increased from 2 laps to 5 laps if we have more than 10 cars...5 laps max! 3 wide...4 wide....up to 5 wide standing start! Let's get 10 cars....two rows of 5 cars start at the line....that will be interesting!

Let's see how this works out....if it works....we can do more....if it flops....it's done.

Lad3der
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
come on joe, we dont need to rows i can get them lined up 10 wide

CJfilms
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but don't you remember the last time we started 7 wide....you almost didn't make it off the track in time!

Hey......if we can fit 'em 10 wide...we'll start 'em 10 wide!

And, I hear you.....we'll work out an official's race at some point this season.....I just need to find someone who is willing to let me ruin their car!!! LOL!!!

critter
03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
sounds like a good idea joe ,i do want to race the t rav , and as far as u needing a ride for a race u know u can drive my zoom zoom :D

jag
03-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Howabout the winner gets to start pole in the main?

CJfilms
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Poll dash!!?!?!?!?!

Race #2....we'll figure this one out as we go of course, but how about 5 cars -

- picked at random or...
- 5 set positions from the previous race, for instance the last 5 placing cars or ever 5th car or...
- the first 5 cars from a specific division to ARRIVE at the speedway in the morning...

These 5 drivers will register and pick for position...the 5th person automatically will get the pole position....however, the 5 cars dash it out for 5 laps to fight for poll! Standing start, handscored, earlier on in the day, so that the running order is decided accordingly....

The five positions that are picked at random at registration, will be awarded based on finishing order of the dash....so, for instance:

Car #1 draws chip 45
Car #2 draws chip 6
Car #3 draws chip 81
Car #4 draws chip 33
Car #5 is given the pole chip

The 5 cars race the dash for the pole, 1st place gets pole, 2nd place starts in 6th place, 3rd starts in 33rd, 4th starts in 45th and last place starts in 81st.

Obviously, these numbers will change as the chips drawn are at random....heck, these drivers might draw chip 1-5 or even 96-100 anyways, so there isn't a real advantage and the postitions are locked up amongst these drivers...

Lastly, this dash would have to take place EARLY on in the day to allow for Erin and Cindy to complete the line-ups correctly.

Good one Jag!

Philter39
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Reverse race. In reverse gear phil

Poppop
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
:applause:Have to have a special dispensation to use mirrors for that and have the flagger follow in the pace truck.:lol:

CJfilms
03-12-2010, 08:16 AM
+5 points to Poppop for the vocabulary word of the day.....dispensation!

Out of fear of blown transmissions, IF a reverse race is to happen, it would have to be a 1-lap race.....out of fear of mass confusion on the track....it should probably be limited to 2-3 cars too.....but hey, let's line up 10 cars, throw em' in reverse and wave the checkered flag as they all race for the green flag! .....At Race #3?

Poppop
03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
:confused:Clockwise or counterclockwise.:confused:

EnduroFromDE
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
im up for the reverse race...to be honest im up for any of these races...

CJfilms
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
A reverse race would be quite cool to see....however Steve.....you are an official....Weathermen count too!!!

I would say run the race in the same direction as a normal race, so counter clockwise. LOL, just thinking about this idea makes me crack up laughing! This race will be a hoot!

critter
03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
all sound good but the real question is can we do it ,with the time frame we have ,u know ill be in for anything

richardpetey
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Will they be selling enduro balloons at this single ring circus, charity, reverse, clockwise, over/under 25, dash in the dust, 10 wide standing start, pole tax draw, green, white, checkered, anything goes, 2 outa 3 fall, GRUNGE MATCH?.........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
03-13-2010, 05:02 PM
SINGLE RING?????

We hope to be at least a two ring circus!!! LOL!!! Sure Petey.....I'll get a whole slew of balloons just for you at the race! But, to earn them, you have to be willing to start the race with the mall attached to the car!!!! :angel::applause::applause::applause:

richardpetey
03-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Since when did they build a mall at the mound....................:confused:
Whats next? Seventy-five clowns stuffed into 4-cyl. enduro car...................:eek:
Don't worry about the balloons, the helium will just make your voice higher anyway................:D
UNCLE PETEY..............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
03-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Mall included....space bar working at the right time.....NEVE R!!!!!

Erin C
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
But, to earn them, you have to be willing to start the race with the mall attached to the car!!!! :angel::applause::applause::applause:

hahaha...I had to read this a few times to understand "the mall" HAHAHA!!!

'Tis a slow day for my mind today :help::drool:

critter
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
:cheers:im a clown in this circus , lets do something crazy

CJfilms
03-17-2010, 09:56 AM
25 & 55 Races ARE ON!!!!

They have been added to the schedule....Erin will explain the mall!!! LOL!!! I'm with you Erin, I read that a bout te ntimes before I realize dwhat I did....LOL!!!!