PDA

View Full Version : Making The Cut: NASCAR Slashing Developmental Division Season-Ending Payouts For 2010

ShawnCourchesne
03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Making The Cut: NASCAR Slashing Developmental Division Season-Ending Payouts For 2010 ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

Bobby1717
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I can see the car counts start to dwindle at the end of the year if teams are not in contention for the top 15 in points.

Ed Flemke said changes need to be made to cut costs. I hate to say but right now MRS seems to have a leg up on that even tough it seems like their travel expenses are starting to increase with some of these new tracks they are going to. How much more do these Nascar teams have to take before they join the MRS or ROC tours?

limodmaniac
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Nascar should dump the East Series or whatever it is called and put the money where it should have been put all along - into the modifieds.

GLC050
03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Mod fans I saw this coming in 2007,and thats why it was time to retire. Flash events point fund reductions ,What's next ? . Has any one bought a NASCAR license lately, they have not stopped collecting fees. The car owners need to support the ROC or the Old True Value Tour. All team owners know how to control costs all you need to do is ask them.

MJProcko
03-10-2010, 03:48 AM
a couple questions. hopefully there are answers out there.

1. Is the weekly racing series Nascar license and WMT Nascar license one and the same or do you need to buy seperate ones?

2. where is there a listing of the point fund payouts for the WMT and point fund and purse payouts for the MRS/BVAM series.

3. What did the sk's pay to win at the blast off last year or year before if it was effected by the postponement?

curious as to the answers.

catfish
03-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Car count is dwindling without them reducing the year end payouts!!!! Take a look at last year, most races were just enough for a full field. Now take a look at the front page of this site, 65 cars are planing to race with the MRS tour this year, when was the last time the WMT had 65 cars registered? The number goes down every year before they started reducing the point fund!!!

kja819
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Mod racing is still strong just maybe not with NASCAR sad to say this but looks like it's very true.

BigMac
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Car count is dwindling without them reducing the year end payouts!!!! Take a look at last year, most races were just enough for a full field. Now take a look at the front page of this site, 65 cars are planing to race with the MRS tour this year, when was the last time the WMT had 65 cars registered? The number goes down every year before they started reducing the point fund!!!

That's a little misleading. How many of those 65 are only going to run 2 or 3 events. I think there were only 4 or 5 teams that ran every race last year. Also, the MRS shortened their starting fields from the previous year to get full fields. I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying lets call a spade a spade. Also, I'm pretty sure the 15th place MRS car didn't get what the 15th place WMT car got in point fund money. There a pros and cons to both situations. Nascar cut the Cup purses too. Business is business I guess.

Racerjoe
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Think we finished 13th or 14th in points not that it really matters and it paid $1500. And I believe it was 13-14 cars that ran every race we were one of them. Or should I say at least attempted all of them.

Racerjoe
03-10-2010, 02:55 PM
By the way I forgot to add that the series had full fields "24" cars all but one show in 09.. I believe that one show was Oxford, and that had 23.

catfish
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I agree and understand completely BigMack, you really can't compare the 2 but i realize they may not run more than 1 or 2 shows but still they have a good thing going and are continuing to grow while the WMT is seemingly stuck in the mud.

MOD11RACER
03-10-2010, 04:02 PM
The K&N East and West Series Manufacturers Point Fund Awards for 2009 was $1,186,750 and in 2010 it will be $1,117,250 per Series.

The WSMT Manufacturers Point Fund Awards for 2009 was $91,500 and as far as I can see it wiil be around $97,700 to $101,000 for 2010. A small increase for 2010.

The WMT Manufacturers Point Fund Awards for 2009 was $298,687 and I do not have the updated info for 2010 yet. The WMT payed out positions 1 thru 20 in 2009, but will only pay positions 1 thru 15 in 2010. From what I understand positions 1 thru 15 will pay the same in 2010 as it did in 2009. The big difference is that positions 16 thru 20 will not receive any payout.

I support all of the Modified Tours and will continue to do so in 2010, but the ROC and MRS Tours can't come close to the WMT point fund payout. The ROC and MRS Modified Tours are not even in the same ballpark for point fund payouts. That is the main reason why the teams support the WMT like they do.

It's to bad NASCAR decided to cut the WMT Point Fund for 2010, because car counts look to be real healthy for 2010 with 27 full time teams and 19 part time teams. It also could have been worse had NASCAR decided to cut the purse by 10% @ each event like they did in the Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series. At a 10% cut the Loudon purse would have been cut $15,000 per event.

Well on the upside it looks like the WMT and WSMT will be on TV 16 times in 2010, 7 times on Speed and 9 times on Versus.

MJProcko
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
looking over the posted points from last year 4 cars including bateman started every TV race while 15 cars where listed as starting every WMT race.

Racerjoe
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
To Best of my knowledge the following cars showed up at all the events for 2009 for the MRS. May not have made the feature but made a attempt. 73, 55, 13, 17, 18, 23, 1nh. 05, 25
25 used different drivers...

MJProcko
03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
To Best of my knowledge the following cars showed up at all the events for 2009 for the MRS. May not have made the feature but made a attempt. 73, 55, 13, 17, 18, 23, 1nh. 05, 25
25 used different drivers...

That may be more accurate as the points I looked at is by driver.

limodmaniac
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
The K&N East and West Series Manufacturers Point Fund Awards for 2009 was $1,186,750 and in 2010 it will be $1,117,250 per Series

Reading those numbers make me sick.

CynthiaTork
03-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Think we finished 13th or 14th in points not that it really matters and it paid $1500. And I believe it was 13-14 cars that ran every race we were one of them. Or should I say at least attempted all of them.

Seventh place paid $1,400. 14th place paid $1000, a bag of Dorito's and a pat on the back.

M T Pockets
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
You just don't get it! The reason for the reduced purses etc is and I quote NASCAR "in an effort to help both the track promoters and the fans" Well, the yoke's on us once again. Not to pick on Thompson but how are they helping the fans? $40 at the front gate and $50 at the back. Sprint Cup races are advertising tickets at $40. I don't want to hear our racing is better so that justifies the ticket price. The point is major tracks have made a sacrifice by reducing the cost to the fans in an effort to keep them in the seats. In our case the only sacrifice is with the competitor. I could swallow the reduction and even the reduced purse disguised flash races if I saw the fans ticket prices at $25. again. At least then everyone would share a little of the burden.
Just my two cents..... Oh, I forgot, my Pockets are M T. IOU:lol:

limodmaniac
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
The K&N East and West Series Manufacturers Point Fund Awards for 2009 was $1,186,750 and in 2010 it will be $1,117,250 per Series.

Doesn't this piss people off?

A Nascar division is started AFTER the modifieds

They place it originally in the backyard of the modifieds.

The races can't get a track to take the stupid division unless Nascar comes up with an incentive to take them

Obviously, the modifieds are the better race at Louden because they showcase them on Saturday.

And yet, this touring series has a million dollar point fund.

Who is to blame for that?

If Nascar really loves the modifieds then why not back it up with the support they do for that stupid develpment series, which keeps changing names so often I don't even know what to call it.

Marco
03-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Doesn't this piss people off?

A Nascar division is started AFTER the modifieds

They place it originally in the backyard of the modifieds.

The races can't get a track to take the stupid division unless Nascar comes up with an incentive to take them

Obviously, the modifieds are the better race at Louden because they showcase them on Saturday.

And yet, this touring series has a million dollar point fund.

Who is to blame for that?

If Nascar really loves the modifieds then why not back it up with the support they do for that stupid develpment series, which keeps changing names so often I don't even know what to call it.

It's a good point. But when NASCAR started the truck class to service the demand for more TV programming was when they really porked all of their 'developmental' people, and the Modifieds.

They started what's now the K&N Pro Series with a 'hub' of Oxford Plains Speedway - hosting seven races - which isn't exactly the backyard of Modifieds. The preceding NASCAR North Tour for full-bodied cars actually got started six years before there was a Modified Tour and was based in Vermont - again, not exactly Modified country.