PDA

View Full Version : new vega tires

hodge racing
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I picked up my new tires over the weekend from bonsignore kart shoppe. the tires look great but they are a little tuff to mount. the side walls seem very stiff. Has anybody else mounted the new tires yet ?

woot lawrence
03-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Joe, I put mine in front of the heater for a few minutes and that helped, still not as easy to mount as the dunlops.

hodge racing
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Joe, I put mine in front of the heater for a few minutes and that helped, still not as easy to mount as the dunlops.

good thinking woot , my wrists hurt the next day after mounting 12 tires cold. the left sides were easy but the right sides were tuff. now im looking foward to burning them up. see you at practice.

hey woot lets do hooters again sometime i had a good time.

joe

Hollywood
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
good thinking woot , my wrists hurt the next day after mounting 12 tires cold. the left sides were easy but the right sides were tuff. now im looking foward to burning them up. see you at practice.

hey woot lets do hooters again sometime i had a good time.

joe

Hey Joe, My tires went on the rims REAL easy... I never broke a sweat......

hodge racing
03-17-2010, 10:29 AM

probably beer muscles. or maybe im just getting old

kart34
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
my set were not to bad to mount but definatly a stiffer tire hope they last longer than dunlops

Richie
03-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Joe; You can bet sombody else mounted them.

Hollywood
03-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Woot,
You're absolutely right!

hodge racing
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
my set were not to bad to mount but definatly a stiffer tire hope they last longer than dunlops

i dont know how long they last but i hear they are definatly faster, not that you need that eric you were damn fast last year

and Harold you my freind are a smart man. but did richard break a sweat?

kart34
03-18-2010, 10:59 PM
thanks joe and I was told the same thing from a few reliable sources and a good handling go kart also helps with tire wear :)