PDA

View Full Version : question on 4 door car

critter
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
i was wondering since now i have a full cage can i cut the doors to to make the back and front window opening meet ??? this will make it a little easier to get in , just wondering if not no big deal , thanks

ThePill
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Cut back on your food and drink and the window will magically get bigger :applause:

critter
03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
funny guy there joel ,if u havent noticed i lost a few pounds :D

critter
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
thought of that but to many bars in the way :lol:

Philter39
03-17-2010, 10:48 PM
It is a ***** climbing out my little zoom-zoom. I can only climb out the passenger side window.
But I think that post between the doors adds more strength than u think to the side of the car.
Phil

DerbyN8-128
03-17-2010, 11:04 PM
It's going to depend how good your cage is...if its well built, it's stronger than your roof anyways so cut the pillar out and you will be fine.

Circle Track Magazine built an asphalt enduro car awhile back and they cut the b pillar out with no problem.
My last two races at Grandview last year I had the driver side B pillar removed as well...although my car had already rolled so the roof wasn't doing anything.

Poppop
03-18-2010, 05:30 AM
:cool:Just cut it out and weld it back in further back. Patch the holes so it's stronger than before and you're good to go.:cheers:

CJfilms
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Critter, you say you lost a few pounds...I think what Joel is getting at is it just fell BEHIND you a bit....you'll find it if you turn around REAL FAST!!!

Just kidding, I'm in the same boat! I don't squeeze through the windows because I don't want to look like I'm squeezing a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon...

Check with Rick or Josh about the pillar bar....make sure if it is removed, the cage is more than sufficient or else it may be deemed a safety issue.... rick@neetsracing.com
or josh@neetsracing.com

critter
03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
thanks guys ill check into it