PDA

View Full Version : King wins at OCS

Tinkfan
03-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Brian King won the 2nd annual Frostbite WinterNationals modified race at OCS tonight. Burt Myers and Teddy C. rounded out the top three.

I must say, the top three finishers put on some kind of show from laps 100 on. Great stuff.

My opinion, OCS need to replace Concord as the track for the North/South race!

TonyP
03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah, it would be great for the shootout, but there should be tech not just weighing the cars and there needs to be a class for the slow cars to learn to pick a line and STAY IN IT.

EdR
03-21-2010, 12:26 PM
sure would be nice to see a southern tour race there.It was our first time there Great Facility.
Hope everyone invovled in the lap 7 crash is OK.

skbob
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
anybody have the finaal rundown?
can't find it on the site

Howie
03-21-2010, 05:12 PM
The finish from what I can gather -

1. 17 - Brian King
2. 1 - Burt Myers
3. 00 - Ted Christopher
4. 11 - Zach Brewer
5. 6 - Josh Nichols
6. 4m - Jason Myers
7. 79 - James Civali
8. 71 - Jimmy Zacharias
9. 49 - Scott Rigney
10. 45 - Gary Young Jr.
11. 12 - Mike Norman
12. 95m - John Markovic
13. 4c - Barry Callavini
14. 59 - Matt Hirschman
15. 28 - George Brunnhoelzl III

Jaws
03-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad to here it was a good race but race 3 down to 15 cars?

RGeeProductions
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM

Last year the race was the 1st race on the ASA/SMRT Mod Tour. They promoted the race and sent out many Press Releases about the race.
This year, I had not seen any Press Releases anywhere. Even Orange County's website had nothing but a small graphic off to the side of the page linking to a pdf flyer for the event...
This may have something to do with low car count....
(and I think it is the 2nd Annual race)

burtmyers1
03-21-2010, 08:39 PM

This was an open sanction race. It wasn't a part of the Tour.

EdR
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
The way Brian King ran , I wonder why he doesn't follow the southern tour. I'm sure some of the southern regulars are glad he doesn't

Tinkfan
03-21-2010, 10:50 PM
The car count was down a little and the promotion was not the best, but the racing was incredible from where I was sitting.

burtmyers1
03-22-2010, 12:06 AM
The way Brian King ran , I wonder why he doesn't follow the southern tour. I'm sure some of the southern regulars are glad he doesn't

He did run the tour for a couple years. He was getting better each season, but stopped because of money I believe.

David
03-22-2010, 08:29 AM

Traction Control

skbob
03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
thanks Howie.
I heard about this race from the Hoosier tire guys at New Smyrna.

catfish
03-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I read somewhere that the only Tech was scales, which may explain somethings

EdR
03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I read somewhere that the only Tech was scales, which may explain somethings

Yeah,I was wondering about that and traction control. But hey traction control could be everywere any more. Built into the tachs .

Was still a great race . One of the better mod south races I have seen

worm
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
the only real tech is the wmt-north everything else is a joke

km74nc
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I know it is early, but that was quite possibly the best southern modified race you will see this year. OCS is made for modified racing.

JinxNC
03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
First off worm, I kinda agree and disagree with you on the tech. Yeah, the north probably has the best of the "techs", but I tend to favor a relaxed tech....outlaw type show. Not neccessarily a "run what ya brung" deal, but a .....well I guess relaxed, is the right word.

Regardless of what the tech was, I find it to be a complete JOKE that no more than 15 cars showed for the race. Great track. Great facility. BEAUTIFUL day. Decent purse, (not outstanding, but well worth the trip)......IMO the real race car drivers were there. If you are a racer and you have a car, why not put the damn thing on a race track. With the limited amount of tracks in this region that run mods to begin with, I would tend to think that every oppurtunity you had, you would race. And I'm not talking about that stupid go-cart facility in Winston-Salem! Does a race have to have the word Nascar linked to it and Bubba and Bertha and all there kids giving somebody the finger to be worth racing at???? Come-on...

Thanks to C&C for putting on the race and a great race it was. Thanks to the DRIVERS that showed as well. The majority of the ones that were there showed that they were TRUE wheel men. Just my opinion............

Steve in NC
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
That was a great race after the lap 7 mess.

Civali gave back more than Teddy could dish out. I don't care for this type of "racing" but James countered everything that Ted tried. Every dirty trick in the book. I beleive if it was anything but the #79 car in the lead he would have simply dumped the leader. But Ted has driven for the Hill's before.
Some subtle bumps, rubs, and turn of the wheel here and there, but they kept it straight for the most part. But Civali's big brake check could have been a disaster. He pulled a real brake check in turn 2 that one time after Ted tried to run him into the 4th turn wall.
Then the classic cross-over move..... Civali sucked Teddy into that one big time.

The last 1/3 of the race when King and Burt joined in was tooth and nail racing. There wasn't any holding back then. That was flat out classic modified racing right there.

That was one of the best races I've seen in a long time.

Does anyone know what or if anything happen to the 79 car after he lost the lead. Did the hit with the lapped #71 Zack car cause a toe problem or tire going down... Or what? He dropped down to 6 or 7th in no time after a very strong run up front all day.

The racing at OCS for modifieds is great and wouldn't mind seeing the Shootout there. But I think the pits lack the space to support that show unfortunately.

Steve

David
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
That was a great race after the lap 7 mess.

Civali gave back more than Teddy could dish out. I don't care for this type of "racing" but James countered everything that Ted tried. Every dirty trick in the book. I beleive if it was anything but the #79 car in the lead he would have simply dumped the leader. But Ted has driven for the Hill's before.
Some subtle bumps, rubs, and turn of the wheel here and there, but they kept it straight for the most part. But Civali's big brake check could have been a disaster. He pulled a real brake check in turn 2 that one time after Ted tried to run him into the 4th turn wall.
Then the classic cross-over move..... Civali sucked Teddy into that one big time.

The last 1/3 of the race when King and Burt joined in was tooth and nail racing. There wasn't any holding back then. That was flat out classic modified racing right there.

That was one of the best races I've seen in a long time.

Does anyone know what or if anything happen to the 79 car after he lost the lead. Did the hit with the lapped #71 Zack car cause a toe problem or tire going down... Or what? He dropped down to 6 or 7th in no time after a very strong run up front all day.

The racing at OCS for modifieds is great and wouldn't mind seeing the Shootout there. But I think the pits lack the space to support that show unfortunately.

Steve

It bent the rr tube.

burtmyers1
03-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Does a race have to have the word Nascar linked to it .

For a certain blue car it does.

gomodsgo
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Steve

He said after the race the car just went away from him. Said the hit with the 71 did NOT hurt the car other than the rr. he said he's lucky he knew how to put the car sideways or it would have been a totally different outcome.

I have never been a fan, but he races a good clean race, and really put on one hell of a show. Everyone that praticipated in this show made it great. ONLY wish there was a few more cars.
I'll be back again next year. The track is AWESOME for mods!!!!

Jill
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
...I find it to be a complete JOKE that no more than 15 cars showed for the race. Great track. Great facility. BEAUTIFUL day. Decent purse, (not outstanding, but well worth the trip)......IMO the real race car drivers were there. If you are a racer and you have a car, why not put the damn thing on a race track. With the limited amount of tracks in this region that run mods to begin with, I would tend to think that every oppurtunity you had, you would race...

...Thanks to the DRIVERS that showed as well. The majority of the ones that were there showed that they were TRUE wheel men. Just my opinion............

Teams have to spend money to go to the track and race. Money that some teams don't have at the moment. If you have any extra laying around, we'd be happy to make use of it. ;)

JinxNC
03-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Teams have to spend money to go to the track and race. Money that some teams don't have at the moment. If you have any extra laying around, we'd be happy to make use of it. ;)
If you don't have the money to race, why do you have it to start with. Sounds like you need a new, less expensive, hobby.:rolleyes:

catfish
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
If you don't have the money to race, why do you have it to start with. Sounds like you need a new, less expensive, hobby.

That is a little harsh from my opinion. At every level in every division including Sprint Cup there are teams that cannot afford to run full time and or every race imaginable. There is nothing wrong with racing part time or picking a particular series and or tour and sticking with that. Who are you to say that someone running the full WSMT HAS to go run an open competition show and run the risk of damaging a very expensive race car and then possibly not being able to compete on the tour that they agreed to run for their sponsors.

skbob
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
If you don't have the money to race, why do you have it to start with. Sounds like you need a new, less expensive, hobby.:rolleyes:

I raced for 15 years on little money. if I got a top 10 I was lucky & happy with it.
when you race, you spend what you have to get to the track & race & love it.

have you ever raced your own car? or brought your money or sponsors money to race a car?

you don't know what its like to be on the inside,not just sitting in the stands commenting on the racers who sacrifice to race.

I stopped racing because I ran out of everythin( sponsors, money, help ) but I still help friends in the pits at New Smyrna every February.:cheers: