PDA

View Full Version : Scum!

rpkulik
03-27-2010, 01:51 AM
http://www.sfifoundation.com/

March, 2010

March 26, 2010 - NOTICE OF DECERTIFICATION; NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESIST AND TERMINATION OF ALL CONTRACTS OF PARTICIPATION ISSUED TO IMPACT RACING

SFI Foundation, Inc., has issued a Notice of Decertification; Notice of Cease and Desist, and a notice terminating all Contracts of Participation to Impact Racing. Effective April 27, 2010, all products manufactured and/or distributed by Impact Racing pursuant to SFI Specification Programs 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 are decertified. Evidence obtained by SFI shows that over a period of years Impact Racing has engaged in the production and use of counterfeit SFI conformance labels and patches, and affixed them to Impact products for use in motorsports. Under the Contracts of Participation between SFI and Impact, SFI conformance labels and patches may only be obtained from SFI and no other source. Evidence shows that Impact had counterfeit SFI labels and patches made in Asia and then affixed them to Impact products it distributed to members of the racing community. To SFI’s knowledge, Impact never advised its customers that its products contained phony SFI labels and patches. Impact never advised SFI of its systematic and longstanding practice of counterfeiting and distributing SFI patches and labeling.

Poppop
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM
:applause:SCUM? You're too kind. :mad:
Glad I never bought any of their products.

art11758
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
It isn't the first time some one has jacked with Bill Simpson. Make sure you get both sides of the story. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, as this story has flown around the net pretty fast. Just asking for the same benefit of doubt you would want.

rpkulik
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.impactraceproducts.com/

This link has Impact Racing's public reply.

It's true that Bill Simpson has been treated poorly since the lawsuit over the Dale Earnhardt crash. It is also true that nobody is saying the equipment was unsafe.

mcstockcar
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
lots of lawsuites! Makes you wonder why there product line can be sooo cheap but still SFI cert. Barely safe mostlely by standards. Paying for not only a name but for saftey. You get what you pay for.

Danger83Ranger
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree, you get what you pay for. Cannot put a price on safety.