PDA

View Full Version : In-car cameras

TTOR
04-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I know the rules say that in-car cameras are illegal but I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube on cars at Riverhead with in-car cameras. Does anyone have any clarification on this? I want to run an in-car on my Enduro.

don38
04-02-2010, 09:11 AM
in car cameras at riverhead = dq.. dont know y thoe

Racin Bran
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the same.

And WHY should they be illegal? RR doesn't want people to have fun...or memories?

nflobster
04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
perhaps the deal they have with fios and their taping of the events.

The Bullfather
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Nothing to do with Fios this is a rule that has been in place for years. I would ask Bob Finan or any Riverhead official for a better understanding of this rule!

richardpetey
04-09-2010, 08:03 PM
No electronic equipment allowed at RH, up to and including TRANSPONDERS......................:disgusted
I'm surprised they don't make you use the old points/condensor set-up in the distributor.......................:eek:
Maybe the track was built on an old nuclear test sight and the RMF's are beeping off the geiger counter........................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

TTOR
04-10-2010, 01:12 AM
I've always guessed it had to do with some distribution/ anti-lawsuit issue or something. I don't think fans are even supposed to have cameras in the stand but I could be wrong on that one. I know people have done it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C87KKGF4bi4.

by the way what is the deal with FiOS, I know one of my races was taped last season when/ how can I watch it?

nobandwagonhere
04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Last I heard it was for "insurance purposes".....whatever.

cerckl'm racing
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I also thought it was for insurance purposes - probably the same reason you can't videotape in the delivery room at the hospital anymore.

RickFigure8
05-10-2010, 03:51 AM
I could be like Fred here but I won't be, lol.

art11758
05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I could be like Fred here but I won't be, lol.

The high road, being less traveled, is usually the safest in situations like these..... :D

TBR 42
05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I talked to Jim maggio on saturday and he told me that there is no rule at Riverhead Raceway about in car cameras and that as long as they are mounted properly they are allowed I had one in both my Truck and Charger on opening nite and last week and i wasnt DQ

don38
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I talked to Jim maggio on saturday and he told me that there is no rule at Riverhead Raceway about in car cameras and that as long as they are mounted properly they are allowed I had one in both my Truck and Charger on opening nite and last week and i wasnt DQ

Since the question was asked about enduros, The rule states,
NO VIDEO CAMERAS, NO CELL PHONES OR RACING RADIOS ALLOWED IN CARS.
If you go back to the last enduro race last year, The second or thrid place car in the 4cyl race was dq for having a camera in his car.