PDA

View Full Version : Riggs Racing Announces New Partnership & Expansion To A Two-Car Team

RaceMa
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
MARTINSVILLE, VA (April 1, 2010) – Today at the historic Martinsville Speedway, Riggs Racing announced a partnership with six-time Net Racing champion Clyde Torkel IV to field a second car for the remaining 2010 NASCAR Whelen Southern Modifed Tour. Torkel will join the team’s full season driver Andy Seuss in the #7 NASCAR Modifed beginning with the South Boston 150 at the South Boston Speedway on Saturday, April 3, 2010.
With the new partnership the team will be renamed Too Fast IV Motorsports and relocated to a new 11,500 square foot facility located on the grounds of Martinsville Speedway.

“I am thrilled with the opportunity to compete for the new Too Fast IV racing team on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Tour,” said Torkel. “The team will give me the resources and support to compete in a car that has the capabilities of winning races and a championships. To win outside of the online racing world has always been a dream of mine. I’ve had some very competitive opportunities that have never led to the chance to make the jump from virtual racing to real world racing. The dream has been just beyond my grasp so I am hoping that this Saturday I can bring my dream of making my first lap in an actual race car in a live race a reality.”

Torkel, the fourth generation CEO and owner of the Torkel’s Chicken Pit restaurant chain is a native of Toad Suck, Arkansas. Prior to joining forces with Riggs Racing, Torkel has competed in eight seasons of Net Racing where he captured the pole in his second effort at the Virtual Indy 500 presented by Dell in 2002. Torkel has led over 4,700 laps, won six championships and has finished 2nd in the Net Racing championship standings on two occasions. Torkel most recently qualified for the World-Wide Web finals in his new on-line Monster Truck, the “Chicken Sandwich”. But Torkel graciously stepped out of the Monster Truck entry to make today’s announcement.

“Because Torkel brought sponsorship, a new team hauler and a new state of the art shop that would allow us to run a second car on the tour, we felt it important to give that chance to Clyde,” explained team owner David Riggs. “After watching Torkel take Andy to school in a game of Ms. Pac Man a few months ago it was obvious that Clyde had the skills and reflexes to drive one of my cars. Plus it turned out, that it was a nice way to say thank you to Clyde for the Torkel’s Chicken Pit 10% discount cards he gave all the boys on the crew for all the hard work they provide to the team.”

About Too Fast IV Motorsports: Too Fast IV Motorsports was formed on April 1, 2010 as a partnership between David and Jeff Riggs of Riggs Racing and Clyde Torkel IV. The team will began competing in the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour in South Boston, VA on April 3rd and will continue to compete for the full 2010 season. The team has two Troyer chassis with six more chassis currently being produced for drivers Andy Seuss who is signed to drive the #47 entry for five years and Clyde Torkel IV who will drive the second team car, #7. Pembrook Feeny, a Toad Suck, Arkansas based Torkel’s Chicken Pit Vice-President of Operations is the teams’ Chief Executive Officer and motorsports veteran Jeff Riggs is the teams’ Chief Operating Officer. The team will be housed in a new state of the art 11,500 ft. race shop on the north side of the historic Martinsville Speedway with a second facility that houses their Research and Design division in Toad Suck, Arkansas. For more information go to www.HappyAprilFoolsDay.com.

RGeeProductions
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Awesome April Fool's RaceMa!!!!

kinserfan11
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
If it is ; then why is on Andys Facebook site? :confused:

catfish
04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
because racema is his mother and she wrote it!!!

kinserfan11
04-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay Catfish :D

RGeeProductions
04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
kinserfan... Please search out the movie "Stroker Ace"....

gracin7
04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I CANNOT beleive I read that whole thing!!!!!!

Gil
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
You must be bored too!