PDA

View Full Version : 1 Hour Bump!!!

CJfilms
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
As you are aware, the SpeedSTRs will be racing on Sunday.

We are going to BUMP our deadlines up by ONE HOUR! Registration will be closed off completely at 12:00 PM - NOON!!!

Any driver that is not registered at that point will be subject to the loss of points and purse as noted on the event info page!!!

The order of events will be as follows:

1:15 - SpeedSTRs warm-ups
1:30 - SpeedSTRs heats
- Small Cars line up once heats are complete
~2:00 - SpeedSTRs Feature
- Big Cars line up once feature is complete
- Just for fun races after Big Cars

Sharing transponders may be a bit difficult here....locate the driver you are sharing a unit with (IF you are sharing a unit) and know who they are, what their car looks like and let them know you!!! We cannot hold up the show if you are waiting for them to give you your transponder and they are waiting for you to come get it....make the arrangements beforehand!

This event may be a little overwhelming, but we will get through it. Just pay attention at the driver's meeting and listen for the calls over the PA system... If we are calling for you....get to the office/track/etc... We are going to try to line up the races as fast as possible. There will be only ONE transponder check needed....if we send you around the track, it is because the unit was not programmed in yet. IF the unit works for a previous division/race and it does not work for you....you are going to be at fault for installing it incorrectly and we will not be able to swap it out or give you extra time....make sure you install the unit correctly and if our tech official notes for you to cut the hold larger or straighten the flap....PLEASE DO IT!!!!

As always, we want the events to be smooth and successful, but we need your help coordinating things!

Trav90
04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Can't Wait til Sunday! Going to be an AWESOME Day of Racing!

Danger83Ranger
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
im so excited, I cant wait!!!

one thing, why such a long time between closing of registration, drivers meeting, than warm ups for the speedstrs? 12pm close of registration, 12:15 drivers meeting, 12:45, warmups, 1:15 latest for heats. a lot of us noticed there was a good amount of wasted time between races. makes the day muuuuch longer. is there a reason that we are not seeing a quicker setup? something behind the scenes? :confused: saturday nights go incredibly fast, i wish they didnt tho, i dont mind taking forever on a saturday night at the races :D

CJfilms
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
VERY Good point Danger!

Yes, there is a lot of dead time.... Registration closes at noon, gives us time to finalize the line-ups and transponders, post the line-up and then driver's meeting at 12:30 which lasts until about 1:00. Last season, we would typically have cars pulling in around noon and sometimes after 1pm. This throws off line-ups, purse, safety tech, officials, etc...

I would rather have extra time before the first race than waste time between races trying to controls things at their most hectic moments.

Track crews will need time to properly prep the track before the races. The track will be ready for racing around 1PM, being safe, we will call for warm ups (SpeedSTRs only) at 1:15.

As I noted Danger, we need help from all of our drivers to make things run smoothly. When we call for cars and one or two people are holding things up.....it ruins it for everyone, then we have new rules like the 12:30 cut-off before losing points and purse.... In a perfect world, we would put the call out there and the cars would be moving onto the track or to the staging area. The biggest problem is when we call for cars, one person always remembers to run and pee real quick and they are usually in the inside line of the line-up or in the first set of cars staging.... If we give everyone the time needed BEFORE the races, there should be no reason to hold up the show.

Also note, there will only be ONE transponder check, this should speed things up between races!

Danger83Ranger
04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
there you go, heard it from the man himself. get your (_|_)'s moving on sunday everyone!!! or you will also be hearing from MR. Danger Ranger in his Gumby costume!!! god help us all...:lol:

Poppop
04-05-2010, 12:43 PM
:confused:Speaking of transponder checks. I now have my own transponder. How can you tell that it's me? Does the system automatically know that it's my transponder? It's all new to me.

Danger83Ranger
04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
i will be using my own personal transponder as I did last season as well. the only check we got is when we turned a lap before we lined up and as we crossed the line, it registered and they just put 2 and 2 together with car number, and what transponder showed up in the system.

critter
04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
dont worry the dx crew is always early and always willing to lend a hand if needed to kick some butts in gear lol

CJfilms
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Transponder check? No, we take cash! LOL!!!

Kenny, for your own unit, it is as he said....when you turn your first lap out there, we'll pick you up and input you in the system.

THAT....or, we may enter the numbers in during registration....to help make things move smoother....

Either way, if we see you on the track and not in the system....well, Mr. Ranger said it, 2+2....

Poppop
04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
:confused: 4?:lol:

Danger83Ranger
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
lol 4...

hey kenny, a buddy of mine is working on an awesome logo for us. wait until you see it.

Poppop
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
:wave:I liked the one that you did but there is always room for improvement, especially when you say it's awsome. Are we going to have everything by Sunday? I don't want to keep Joe waiting, you know how he gets.:lol:

Danger83Ranger
04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
haha yeah, dont want to get his panties in a bunch! :lol:

I believe I have given everything to him except the new logo, I gave him the old logo though. I forwarded the pictures from you and aaron of your vehicles when I received them. Am I forgetting anything? I probably am...haha

Poppop
04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I guess we'll find out Sunday.:lol:

punchy
04-06-2010, 04:08 PM
So Joe where in that schedule order are us WOMEN?

Erin C
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
it is after the Big Car race but BEFORE the "Just for fun" races...it says it on the event page, but not on the schedule of events...Joe will update that shortly!!!

I sure hope your car is ready, punch!!! :)

CJfilms
04-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Punchy....thanks to you the magic show with the disappearing ladies has been nixed....

Like Erin said, after the Big car race and before the Just-4-Fun dashes...

punchy
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
OK thanks guys. I just wanted tomake sure we were not forgotten.

Erin.....the car should be done, minor things take forever! Also need to put the numbers on instead of them hangin in my bedroom!:help:

CJfilms
04-07-2010, 10:37 AM
You could always just hang them on the side of the car too! LOL!!!! Uncle Petey wouldn't like that though if they blew off and hit his screen!!! Just another lovely part of racing on dirt, right Uncle Petey?

critter
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah put them on the car please kat dont need nothin blockin her view when shes out there :lol:

punchy
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
O dont worry they will be on the car tomorrow night. They shouldnt fly off in front of anyone either, so dont worry Critter, Kat will see just fine.

NeetsSpectator
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
You could always just hang them on the side of the car too! LOL!!!! Uncle Petey wouldn't like that though if they blew off and hit his screen!!!

or blew off an gave Uncle Petey a flat tire.

I would love to hear the #43 in-car audio if that happened.