PDA

View Full Version : Camera car needed

NeetsSpectator
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I have an in car camera ready to go but no car to put it in.
Just trying to find a car or truck to mount the camera in for Sundays race.
It will have to be set up ahead of time since I won't be in the pits until after the race.
(Unless I can get into the pits without having to buy a pit pass)
It will also require someone to start the camera recording (just press two buttons) and snap it into its mount right before the race begins.
So if anyone is interested and think they can manage starting the camera, contact me.

CJfilms
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Some one raise their hand....I'll take care of the gate!

Poppop
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
:lol: Hey, I always wanted to be in pictures. I'll do it.:wave:

EnduroFromDE
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
2 incar cameras in 2 cavaliers...sounds like were getting some TV time soon...and yea, i will have mine rolling as well...

dirtmodfan
04-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I would like to do it. I was going to buy one for this year, but ran out of time. Give me a call if you are interested @ 610-637-3367 or email shon@elkmotorsports.com.

I can add it to my website after the race.

:cheers:

CJfilms
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Well Dave, can we hook up two brackets?

Kenny can shoot the Small Car Race and Shon can handle the Big Car Race!

....or maybe just for fun, have Kenny go out in the Big Car Race and Shon in the Small Car Race! :applause::applause::applause:

critter
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
hey hold on lol ,it was in my car once ,if u can can to the pits early i will gladly hook it up in my car again ,big and ladies race .let me know ,or call me 610 656 7074

NeetsSpectator
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM
hey hold on lol ,it was in my car once ,if u can can to the pits early i will gladly hook it up in my car again ,big and ladies race .let me know ,or call me 610 656 7074

I sent you a PM earlier in the week but you never responded.
Joe has a good idea to have multiple brackets and just move the camera from car to car.
I'll make more for the next race.

ThePill
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
May I offer a suggestion... Ask guys like Tm Pauch, Chris Reichert and the other guys who consistently finish up front. the video could be a good learning tool to see how these guys do it

critter
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
sorry dave missed that , i have to agree with the pill ,but if its in my car we can all see the cars go bye me lol

Danger83Ranger
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
dont put it in critters car, there is no way im going to be able to watch an hour long movie of him driving with his left hand, and drinking a mountain dew with his right hand. :lol::lol::lol:

critter
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
hey com on it takes talent to dew that ,plus shift lol

mcstockcar
04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I d do it but dont think ill be racin this weekend. Car not done. I need a break.:(
Too much goin on in my shop and burnt out workin on these cars, 2 steps forward 10 steps back.Parts not showing up on time. One more incident with these cars and they ll both be on the classifieds.
:mad:

critter
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM
oh say its not true jack , who am i going to follow around the track now with my sharpie ??? hope u make it buddy ,and dave let me know if u decide to put camera in my car

mcstockcar
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
With my camshaft not arriving yet- and the motor not in and other things unfinished, I dont feel like rushing around because ill make that trip up there to find I forgot something or something wont pass tech I overlooked. I get very nervous when I rush things. Ill just go to NES and run the car there on Wed. to shake it down. Then ill be ready- I think!:confused:

Danger83Ranger
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
you had all winter! nah jk, im not even ready yet, and I didnt even have to do anything to the truck except for hood pins, and drive shaft loop...lol! im an idiot

Poppop
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
:rolleyes:Better get to work Danger. Gotta get points for the team you know. Aaron and I are ready. Need any help?:lol:

critter
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
well jack hope u make it for the next one buddy ,i will miss u out there on the track ,and as far as team things the coach will be missing in action first race so me and bigdaddy wil ahve to collect the points

Danger83Ranger
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
:rolleyes:Better get to work Danger. Gotta get points for the team you know. Aaron and I are ready. Need any help?:lol:

i worked on the truck after work today, did an oil change, new hood pins, new tires are on, roll cage additions are in, all fluids are filled. we are ready to load and be at the track by noon on sunday. looking forward to it. now, to find some sponsors to help me pay for these entry fees...why oh why did i have to spend most of my money on a new motorcycle?!?!:lol:

CJfilms
04-09-2010, 08:55 PM
why oh why did i have to spend most of my money on a new motorcycle?!?!:lol:

I may need to have you have a conversation with one of our flaggers!!! LOL!!!

Poppop
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
i worked on the truck after work today, did an oil change, new hood pins, new tires are on, roll cage additions are in, all fluids are filled. we are ready to load and be at the track by noon on sunday. looking forward to it. now, to find some sponsors to help me pay for these entry fees...why oh why did i have to spend most of my money on a new motorcycle?!?!:lol:

Better be there befor noon, that's when registration closes.:lol:

Poppop
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
:applause: The camera car is all set to go. Now all we have to do is get Kenny Rogers to make us some dry mud.:lol:

miller78
04-10-2010, 11:11 AM

im all ready i got the bumper plates on it (make it look like a s&s go kart now lol) um got the rear bar for the gas tank and just for u joe took a sheet of heating duct and covered them holes around the roll bar so let go racing i cant wait

NeetsSpectator
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
,and dave let me know if u decide to put camera in my car

You can get the camera from the Poppop after the small car race and mount it in your car for the big car race.
I would mount it on the front bar like we did in his car.
Poppop can show you how to turn it on (left button) and start it (right button).
Start it right before you go out for the pace laps.

critter
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
thanks buddy ,and i will leave it in for the ladies race too ,thanks again

mcstockcar
04-10-2010, 06:53 PM
The motor is assembled waiting to be run on the test stand sunday!!!

Danger83Ranger
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
holy hell jack, that thing cant be stock...haha

I will be at the track around 11-1130. see you all there!

DerbyN8-128
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
You can get the camera from the Poppop after the small car race and mount it in your car for the big car race.

Critter made quick work of switching the camera from one car to the other...and I have the pictures to prove it. :lol:

Danger83Ranger
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Critter made quick work of switching the camera from one car to the other...and I have the pictures to prove it. :lol:

must have been loaded with mountain dew!!!:lol:

critter
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
u bet i was love the dew :cool:

steve93lm
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I'll put a camera in the 93 small car. You'd just have to hook up some sort of tearoff setup for it. I'm sure I could come up with something.

EnduroFromDE
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I have a tearoff system on my camera...its a bolt on the top of the box and a bolt inside the car with the tearoffs running pass the camera box(mounted on the roof) and thrugh a slit in the roof and hooked to the other bolt inside the car...when i pull my tear offs the next straight away i pull the camera tearoff...its seems to work pretty good...

NeetsSpectator
04-12-2010, 10:38 PM
2 incar cameras in 2 cavaliers...sounds like were getting some TV time soon...and yea, i will have mine rolling as well...

How did you do with your in-car video?
Will we be seeing it on youtube?

CJfilms
04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Steve didn't race this weekend....he was getting ready for the huge party he is throwing this weekend.... :applause::applause::applause::cheers: