PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead first Modified Tour race on Versus.

btgoss
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Here is the quote.

"VERSUS’ first NASCAR race will feature the Whelen Modified Tour’s annual appearance at Riverhead (N.Y.) Raceway and the first Whelen Southern Modified Tour broadcast will be its stop at historic Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C."

Wow.

Now, all they need to do it improve the lighting, the bathrooms, the roads, the pathways, the parking lots, the food, and the seats..... and they should put on a great show.

VERSUS Race Schedule

Tour Venue Race Date Premiere Date Re-Air Date
NWMT Riverhead Raceway 31-Jul Aug. 4, 7 p.m. Aug. 8, 11 p.m.
NWMT Stafford Motor Speedway Aug. 6 Aug. 11, 7 p.m. Aug. 15, 11 p.m.
NWSMT Bowman Gray Stadium Aug. 7 Aug. 18, 7 p.m. Aug. 22, 11 p.m.
NWMT Thompson International Speedway Aug. 12 Aug. 25, 7 p.m. Aug. 29, 12 a.m.
NWSMT Caraway Speedway Aug. 28 Sept. 1, 7 p.m. Sept. 5, 11 p.m.
NWSMT Langley Speedway Sept. 4 Sept. 8, 7 p.m. Sept. 12, 11 p.m.
NWSMT Tri-County Motor Speedway Sept. 15 Sept. 29, 7 p.m. Oct. 3, 11 p.m.
NWMT Stafford Motor Speedway Oct. 3 Oct. 6, 7 p.m. Oct. 10, 11 p.m.
NWMT Thompson International Speedway Oct. 17 Oct. 20, 7 p.m. Oct. 24, 11 p.m.

Poppop
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
:wave:Thanks for the heads up. I'm printing the schedule and putting it by my VCR so I don't forget to record them. All the shows come on after my bed time.:lol:

night gent
04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
The place is an eyesore but so are many old short tracks.

btgoss
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I could argue the point about old tracks being eye sores, but this good news for Riverhead.

With the FiOS deal for a weekly show, and with being on a minor cable sports/lifestyle channel, that is going to be a big increase in the exposure for the track.

I hope more of the locals try to run the tour race now that it will be televised. That could be the biggest thing to come from this deal.

While the general facilities are mostly lacking (and I know there are many reasons for that), the lighting is going to be the biggest problem. But I would expect the TV people to bring their own lights. So that should be good for that night at least.

The Bullfather
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Another plus is the money that is being raised for this event the pursue could be to or over $10,000 by time the end of July rounds around! Which would bring interest for more teams to try to make it into the race!