PDA

View Full Version : Front Gate Admission!!!

CJfilms
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
It was just brought to my attention that the Front Gate Admission will be raised from $7 to $10. Pit admission will remain unchanged.

I apologize for any inconvenience as this was brought to my attention earlier today.

critter
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
i hate to say it but i still dont agree payin 30 bucks to get into the pits ,just my two cents

Danger83Ranger
04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
all because of the stupid speedstrs most likely. class was a total bust from the start, they cant perform anywhere near an ardc midget or even a frickin 600 micro. grandview knows the class is a joke, thats why they wouldnt put them on a saturday night ever again. i guess tomorrow will be a very informative day. good, bad, either way lets just go have some fun before our pockets are dry with these entry and race fees.

DerbyN8-128
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
wow...sounds like grandview doesn't really care if anyone at all shows up to sit in the stands.

low fan count in 2009...makes sense to make it even more expensive in 2010...that will get more people interested :disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

Also agree with critter about the 30 bucks :rolleyes:

Trav90
04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
30 Bucks and I'm covered under insurance. I'm happy with that. 10 to get into stands not bad at all. Lets just make the fans get there money's worth by putting on one hell of a show!

CJfilms
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Travis has a good way of looking at it....but all in all, I do feel your pain as this is supposed to be a low-budget division......however, pit/stand admission does pay your insurances and expenses to maintain and repair the speedway before and after our events.

In a perfect world, we would be able to name our own price....

When you're playing on someone's property putting them at risk for your benefit, they need coverage....when we tear up a guard rail or bust the boiler plate, they need to be able to fix it in less than 5 days.....

The addition of the SpeedSTRs does factor in the rate hike, however, the fans are getting more action for their buck. If the price went up and nothing changed, I would be pushing you all back being I would want to complain first.

When we have a race without the SpeedSTRs, the price of admission should return to the original $7....don't quote me on that just yet, but that is one thing I want to see happen just as much as the next person.....until then........more racing = more money.

Truth be told....you want to get your money's worth, get there early and stay late. For all the people who arrive during or after the first race and/or leave before or during the second event........you shouldn't be complaining about prices since you are not fully supporting the event. This does not go solely for a NEETS event as I see many fans leave the stands before the final event takes place....at many different speedways....

richardpetey
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Same ole' track crap........................tax the back gate to pay for a dwindling front gate...............................:mad:
UNCLE PETEY................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
its bull. grandview hasnt made any attempt to make the facility nicer. they make there money, and thats all there worried about. i have some nice stories i could tell you all...

DerbyN8-128
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
We could do without the speedsters in my opinion. :lol:

NeetsSpectator
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
its bull. grandview hasnt made any attempt to make the facility nicer. they make there money, and thats all there worried about. i have some nice stories i could tell you all...

Dude! That's what they are in business for. They provide a facility that people can race at for a price.
I would be surprised if they were making more than 20% with this economy.
Bottom line - No profit = no racing.

So what would you do to make it nicer? Suggest it, Maybe they'll consider your suggestions.

I thank the Rogers family for all their hard work, keeping the track open, and providing quality entertainment. . . and not selling out to a home development company.

Danger83Ranger
04-11-2010, 08:09 PM
typical response from a "fan"...

look into big diamond. there car counts, fan counts, facility and fans opinions on the place, period.

Trav90
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Grandview is not really updated but its a place to run! I appreciate Grandview for letting the Enduros run there!

DerbyN8-128
04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Grandview is not really updated but its a place to run! I appreciate Grandview for letting the Enduros run there!

agreed. :cool:

I used to run demo-derbies up at Mountain springs...they charge the fans 12 dollars a person or something to get in and every year the arena got smaller, the bands got worse, the cheating was more consistent, and there at the end, they didn't even have an ambulance near the track :rolleyes:

I don't remember what we paid for pit passes up there, but it cost more than regular admission and the fans without pit passes walked right through the pits anyways :lol:

While no one will convince me the 30 bucks for pit entrance isn't too high, I will gladly continue to pay it to be able to do what we are doing. Hell today I paid my 30 bucks, entered the pits around 1:15 and was back out the gate by 3:45 (or whenever the small cars were done)

I have been to other events (demo-derbies and junk car races) that the pit entrance fee was expensive for drivers, and slightly cheaper for pit crew members. however these places sometimes limited the number of pit crew members per car. I'm guessing it would be more work to figure stuff like that out, but it seemed to work in those places.

Either way, Grandview is letting us race there, so as long as they are, I will be there watching or racing (hopefully more racing than watching) :cool:

Danger83Ranger
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
very good point, it is a place to run and I do appreciate that. Ive been to at least 12 facilities in the past 3 years so I guess I notice things a bit more than most people. Even though ive been to so many, im still yet to see any other track that has the tight, thrill packed racing that grandview has.

Philter39
04-11-2010, 09:56 PM
To me $30 is a fair price to pay. They have more costs to open the gates than you know.
Ask one of your golf friends what they pay to chase a white ball around. $50 up.
It costs more than $30 It costs more than $30 in gas for most teams to tow to the race track.
I am just thank Kenny for having us play there. Sure they make money of of us.But as business owners thats what they need to do.

phil

richardpetey
04-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I walked around all day today looking for a place to put some trash, no garbage barrels except in front of the "consession stand".............................:disgusted
The restroom facilities at GV are pretty much in the $hitter as well........................:help:
When you charge the back gate $30, at least give the customers basic amenities...........:mad:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Petey...you are supposed to just throw your trash on the ground, lol...they have cleaning crews there the day after each event...we see them there bright and early every race, the pits are a mess in the morning but before everyone rolled in they were pristine!

Danger83Ranger
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
lol, thats true petey. one of the only times where its ok to litter...

critter
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
have to agree with petey on that one :cool:

Erin C
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
you do know that there are actual bathrooms at the end of the pits, by the pit grandstands, right :) I ask Tommy nicely to open them up for all of us!

NeetsSpectator
04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
The restroom facilities at GV are pretty much in the $hitter as well........................:help:

Just put on a pair of Depends on under your firesuit.
No one will ever know.

critter
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
yeah we used them and they where pretty stinky :drool:

gutter7
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
typical response from a "fan"...

look into big diamond. there car counts, fan counts, facility and fans opinions on the place, period.

You know i'll bite....what would you like to know about Diamond, what drivers think,owners think, track personel, fans....

CJfilms
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
yeah we used them and they where pretty stinky :drool:

That's because you are supposed to change the diapers between race Critter.....that ain't something you want to save until you get home!!! :-B

richardpetey
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Just put on a pair of Depends on under your firesuit.
No one will ever know.

You'll know when I sit next to ya!....................................:eek:
Also, won't that make me a little "LOOSE".................:rolleyes:

CJfilms
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
No, Petey.....they SHOULD not come with lumps.....

If you are experiencing lumps, call Dr. Destruction!

zombo
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I walked around all day today looking for a place to put some trash, no garbage barrels except in front of the "consession stand".............................:disgusted
When you charge the back gate $30, at least give the customers basic amenities...........:mad:
you sound spoiled by wall's pits. :D

richardpetey
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
The sign in Wall's restrooms tell you to "flush twice" its a long way to the "TECH" area.............................................. :disgusted
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

zombo
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
The sign in Wall's restrooms tell you to "flush twice" its a long way to the "TECH" area.............................................. :disgusted
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
am i detecting some misgivings about tech? :)

richardpetey
04-16-2010, 09:55 PM
They seal the engine, carb.,rear, etc., etc., etc., I thought to make it easier to check the drivetrain after the race..................:rolleyes:
Instead, they keep you in tech for an hour ripping off all the seals they just put on a week ago..........................:mad:
All this BS for a lousy $100 to win, it doesn't make any sense........................:disgusted
If I return to that place, It'll be just for fun and no matter what happens I'm gonna just pull it on the trailer after the race...........................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: