PDA

View Full Version : thompson ticket prices

scott
04-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I checked the web site for prices and didn't see anything. How much for general admission tomorrow? thanks in advance.:confused:

ejam
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Admission:
$40.00
Adults

$10.00
Juniors (Ages 6-14)

FREE
Kids (Ages 5 & Under)

$50.00
Pits

CynthiaTork
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I love Thompson, but those prices are why I stopped going there

MJProcko
04-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Yes it's way to expensive but I think I paid 32 bucks just 2 weeks ago for Waterford and the "oh they are sooo much cheaper MRS series" and believe me, in comparison 8 bucks is a steal for Ice Breaker Weekend so get out the house and head to the Ice Breaker and enjoy!! Some of us are stuck in Florida and can only read about it.

BigMac
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I love Thompson, but those prices are why I stopped going there

In the grand scheme of things it still a lot cheaper than a Red Sox, Pats, Bruins or Celtics game. However, I'll respect anyone's decision not to go based on admission price. The World Series is the one that makes me think twice.

Sicklajoie
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
One thing that's been disappointing at Thompson is the support divisions. The fields are getting thinner and thinner every year with less competitive cars.

LJracer711
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I thought it was a little too expensive as well, but my 2 kids were free(ages 3 &5), which helped alot, and also, at the breakfast buffet, I was worried, because they only listed one price..they did not charge me at all for the kids, which I am very thankful for! So. for $48.95, my kids and I were able to eat a fantastic breakfast buffet, and get to see 7 different types of racing, over the course of 6-7 hours, on a gorgeous day, especially that great tour race! I'll take that any time

corey17
04-12-2010, 06:03 AM
$40, holy crap! I don't pay that much when I go to Cup races. That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

WhelanModFan
04-12-2010, 06:43 AM
In the grand scheme of things it still a lot cheaper than a Red Sox, Pats, Bruins or Celtics game. However, I'll respect anyone's decision not to go based on admission price. The World Series is the one that makes me think twice.

True. I don't go to Red Sox games (baseball is a yawner) , I don't think $40 will even get you into a Patriots game and for that price you'll get a nose-bleed seat at either a Celtics or Bruins game. Plus at the IceBreaker (and other races) you are there for longer than 2.5 or 3 hours and have the luxury of bringing in your own cooler, thus saving you on concession prices. If you're going to spend $40 for an event, the IceBreaker is a good bargain.

11skmod
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
You do get 2 full days of racing usually and there is alot of it. and i like how they moved the show along and it was done by 5pm for the most part so $20.00 per day isnt bad IMO ,free camping. Camping isnt free at loudon and motels are full and expensive but so isnt everything.

wheelz
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
40 bucks for two solid days of entertainment is a total bargain. I go every year and every year I get my money's worth. Pack a cooler and hang out with my daughter for a grand total of 50 bucks for two days.. Killer deal in my opinion. Now if I could just get rid of this freakin' sunburn on my face,, life would be a whole lot better! Not "mad" like the icon says, but I definitely feel the heat from the flames,,, Shaving this morning felt like hell! :mad:

Gil
04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
An excuse to grow a beard?

:applause:

modfan4ever
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
I think $40.00 for an adult is a bargain..Like they say Free Camping (can't beat that).Just bring the firewood and food and enjoy a nice weekend with friends. My little one (son) also enjoyed it...can't get that a cup race without paying over $$$$$.Can't wait till Stafford...

Welder
04-13-2010, 11:05 PM
You might not spend $40 on cup tickets but you don't get to see two modified races when you buy a ticket to a cup race.

corey17
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
You might not spend $40 on cup tickets but you don't get to see two modified races when you buy a ticket to a cup race.

You got that right. I didn't know it was for two days, I thought it was for one, I was just comparing. BTW, $40 is expensive to see any event for me, I don't spend that much to watch our local NBA, NFL or college football/basketball down here.

BigMac
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
The CT tour races are all $30-$40 to get in regardless of whether they are one or two days. That's the market up here. NHMS charges $45 for a Saturday Modified/Busch doubleheader and 35,000 people show up. It can't all be a money thing.

CynthiaTork
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, but of those 35,000 about half are freebies, I know the Red Cross for one, gives out tickets to that race for donating blood.

And yes the three Connecticut tracks are the three most expensive. Doesn't matter if it's the WMT or the MRS. It's Stafford, Thompson and Waterford.

The only race I'll pay more than $30 to see is the Oswego Classic. Anything else, for $40, I'll stay home. $30, I'll be there

Bob T. Racer
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
You got that right. I didn't know it was for two days, I thought it was for one, I was just comparing. BTW, $40 is expensive to see any event for me, I don't spend that much to watch our local NBA, NFL or college football/basketball down here.

For NBA,NFL,etc. you only get 4 hours tops. For the weekend at Thompson you get 12 hours or more. Figure it out by the hour, racings a way better deal!