PDA

View Full Version : Super Enduro...

CJfilms
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
So, if you haven't seen this video already, and I know it has been around on our forums before as well......it is time to take a peek!

This is a video from the final race at Nazareth Speedway, looks like 200+ cars on the track....and at least one driver we all know too well......Petey....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno

So, the question is....what do we need to do to get this type of event off again?

Money? We'll find some big time sponsors and advertise a massive purse....

Publicity? We can get local AND national coverage on TV, radio and magazines WELL before hand if we can guarantee turn outs like so...

Laps? Obviously we would have to have a high lap event to attract drivers from all over!

Car Counts? Would it be best to run ALL the cars together if we can expect 150 + cars? The speeds would be limited due to traffic.....then we could run ONE LONG RACE!!!!

Give me your input....let's make this a reality!

NeetsSpectator
04-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I went to that race.
The place was packed.
I saw it advertised in AARN.

My suggestion is don't rely entirely on the internet to promote the Neets races.
Not everyone has a computer.
Get it printed!
Are there any ads running in AARN?
I wouldn't know since I didn't renew my subscription to AARN.
Why? Because most of the enduro races never get any mention.

NeetsAnnouncer33
04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Joe,

If you print it and get dates and the purse I can get it out there I'll hand flyers out anything.
I remember back in the 90's I went to my first enduro at Flemington adn there were 125 big cars wow that was awesome sometimes 5 wide off the corner, I would even pitch in with a little money.

Lets get it done.

EnduroFromDE
04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
im up for it...at grandview of course...it would have to be more then 150 cars to keep the traddic and the speeds down...otherwise ur not going to have 4 cyls racing with the big montes and caddys...not without a full roll cage and thats going to keep cars at bay knowing they need a full roll cage to race...this will be a true enduro...POS car out of a junk yard on its final 100 miles and rip the interior and glass out and race...we may need to plan for next year in order to get the work out and get the car count...

NeetsAnnouncer33
04-14-2010, 12:55 PM
for this race if it were to happen i will put up 100 bucks cash to the driver that can gain the most positions

critter
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
count me in ,and if u make flyers i will pass them out

greenflag
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I was a fan of yesterday's enduros and I am a fan of today's enduros of course!

Yesterday's enduros are a thing of the past. A competitor entered a car and raced it. I don't recall many safety specs. Drivers had a helmet, I think that was all. The majority of the cars were not safe.

Were they fun to watch? Hell yeah. I watched the Penn National Speedway enduros in the 80s and into the 90s where they normally had around 200 cars. Selinsgrove had some 100-150 car races as well. Awesome! Great racing memories.

Its really difficult to explain. Those days have passed us by. Racing has changed. And those old enduros just couldn't exist anymore.

That's why I'm glad to see enduro racing still alive the way we know it today. I often tell fans, if you want to see what real racing is about, check out a neets enduro or an enduro at Big Diamond Raceway. You will still find guys racing for the fun of the sport. So, those days might be over, but the fun still exists in enduro racing, at least for this fan it does, and I think others (competitors and fans) will agree!

Gary Lileck 'greenflag'

The G-Man42
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
try to get lucas oil life on the edge the show to do a program on it they cover anything wild. they do demos tractor races u name it

Philter39
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree with Greenflag Having been in many enduros over 150 200 cars things where different then. Cars were easy to find usually free A roll bar and remove glass ready to go. High fuel costs high scrap value poor economy. All would make it much harder now than before.
I was at that Nazareth race watching It was $100 to enter.

The only way to get a big field is to offer BIG $ I went to the $10,000 to win 4 cyl race at Black rock last fall they had over 100 cars. It was a great race. Joe look into what they did. They had a sponsor.

phil 26th year of enduro racing. No racing is better.

dirtmodfan
04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree with Gary. The old enduros were neat, but I like the newer "version."

:cheers:

NeetsSpectator
04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
for this race if it were to happen i will put up 100 bucks cash to the driver that can gain the most positions

The driver that can gain the most positions would be the one who starts last. It dosn't mean he will, but he can.
And that would suck for the drivers who start up front.

How about changing it to $100 to the driver that clocks the fastest lap.

richardpetey
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
That Nazareth race was $10 grand to win with way over 200 cars entered..................:rolleyes:
It might be possible to come up with a national sponsor for the $10,000 but you'll never get 250 enduro cars in a race ever again..................:disgusted
Timmy Pauch also raced in the "super enduro", in fact 4 out of the top 6 finishing drivers in that race went on to very rewarding racing careers.......................:applause:
I'd love to see another one but don't think there is a track big enough to handle that kind of money race...........................:drool::drool:
UNCLE PETEY..........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CAPTAIN
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Think about it realistically. 150-200 cars at grandview??? Not enough track. It would be like a parade, like watching paint dry. Then what if the track was too wet??? We would never finish!!! Captain, over & out

EnduroFromDE
04-15-2010, 12:33 AM
I know the perfect track...Bridgeport in NJ...5/8ths miles WIDE track...plenty room for 100-200 cars...they race 137 cars the last time they held an enduro there...I watched it and thats what got me liking enduro racing...

Maddawg
04-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Back in the late 80's early 90's they raced enduro's at Grandview.. They started almost 150 or so cars... the pole car was right behind the last car at the start:) It was an awesome race and it was done true Enduro style.. ifyou broke or whatever your car stayed there. the front stretch was totally blocked untol some guys worked together and pushed their way through.. Top speed in that race was prob 40 mph or less but it still was an awesome race to watch.. It is the race that got me interested in Enduro racing:cool::cool Lets all figure out how to do this again
I will definately help promote this , I only live 5 mins. from the track and can talk to alot of the locals around here, and even some of my enduro friends from other places too..........
Maddawg

zombo
04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
So, if you haven't seen this video already, and I know it has been around on our forums before as well......it is time to take a peek!

This is a video from the final race at Nazareth Speedway, looks like 200+ cars on the track....and at least one driver we all know too well......Petey....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno

So, the question is....what do we need to do to get this type of event off again?

Money? We'll find some big time sponsors and advertise a massive purse....

Publicity? We can get local AND national coverage on TV, radio and magazines WELL before hand if we can guarantee turn outs like so...

Laps? Obviously we would have to have a high lap event to attract drivers from all over!

Car Counts? Would it be best to run ALL the cars together if we can expect 150 + cars? The speeds would be limited due to traffic.....then we could run ONE LONG RACE!!!!

Give me your input....let's make this a reality!
wow! i used to go to a lot of the enduros at flemington, mostly when it was dirt. there were times they got a good 150 cars. i always rooted for tim pauch because i am a billy pauch fan as far as dirt is concerned. not sure this could be pulled off today because today's enduro racing is basically factory stock racing without cautions. i'd love to see this happen. i think the perfect track to do it at would be bridgeport. you need a large track to put that many cars on it.

by the way....some of the people in that video are morons, specifically the ones standing in FRONT of the infield guardrail as opposed to BEHIND it. they're also standing right out at the edge of the track. my god we were morons back then. :lol: