PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Going to Albany-Saratoga This Weekend???

SUfan
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Anyone know who will be at Albany-Saratoga for the MRS/ROC event this weekend other than the obvious?
I've been told that Mike Stefanik, Ron Silk, Dwight Jarvis and Ken Barry are non-regulars going this weekend. Anyone else? How about Jan Leaty? Is he running for ROC points this season?

uticamike
04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Well......I'll be there with the ROC 14 Doug Reaume. Jan and Mike are planning on going as
is Jim Storace, Terry Cheetum,Rusty Smith, Darin Scherer. I wouldn't bet against Chuck Hossfeld, Pete Brittian Billy Putney and of course Matt Hirschman. I wonder how many Western NY guys will make that long tow? I might throw in Kyle Ebersol from PA and I don't know if Eric Beers has a ROC ride this year. I'd also wager TC will find a seat in something.
Should be a very interesting show I think. Come on Mr Sun!!!!!!!!!

RGeeProductions
04-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Eric Beers should be there in the #9.

limodmaniac
04-16-2010, 06:46 AM
http://www.cvra.com/

CMurph22ball
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Erick Rudolph will be there in the #98 PrimeTyme Motorsports, Original Pizza Logs, HBR, Brigham Concrete entry

Looking forward to it and hope the rain stays away all weekend, will get to visit 2 new track. Can-Am Saturday night and A/S on Sunday

Racerjoe
04-16-2010, 11:46 AM
We will be going, hopefully not a waste of time and fuel. Joe Doucette MRS #55.

KyleMac45
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy Blewett POSSIBLY went...

Kyle

SUfan
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I spoke to Jack Bateman a little while ago. Track ownership fully plans to get this race in, and the MRS Officials are on their way to NY now. The "futurecast" radar doesn't show more than a few sprinkles at worst for Sunday so it looks like the race will happen.
This could turn out to be one of the best mixed fields of Modifieds all season. I can't wait to see the Modifieds back in my home state of NY.

Howie
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Saturday's action at Albany/Saratoga has been canceled. There will be practice if weather permits. Right now, as SUfan said above Sunday's schedule is still as planned.

If you are looking for a place to eat before or after the races (recommended) some suggestions are:

THE MALTA DINNER IS JUST OFF EXIT12 ON RT9 ALONG WITH MCDONALDS, DUNKIN DONUTS THERE IS A SUBWAY AND JIMMY'S PIZZA IN THE PRICE CHOPPER PLAZA AND A CHINESE TAKE OUT PLACE THERE AS WELL.

COMING IN FROM THE NORTH AT EXIT13 THERE IS DELUCA'S DELI GREAT SUBS AND THE PUBLIC HOUSE WHERE MOST PEOPLE GO AFTER THE RACES FOR PIZZA, WINGS AND COLD BEER.

WANT TO GIVE EVERYONE A HEADS UP SO THEY HAVE AN ENJOYABLE TRIP TO THE RACES.

LETS HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD FOR SUNDAY I WILL SEE YOU ALL THERE.

uticamike
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm at home eating lunch, Mr Sun is burning away the overcast and my guess is if they were
to start drying the track now(assuming it's not raining in Malta) the cars could hit the track in about an hour or so. Lots of good light yet to practice. We'll be there tomorrow morning.

We're going to get it in I believe. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Howie
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
From the Modified Racing Series facebook page about 2:15 Saturday -

"Modified Racing Series Mods idling in the pit area at Albany-Saratoga. Trying to dodge the raindrops."

See ya Sunday!

MOD11RACER
04-17-2010, 05:27 PM
SUFan has sent an update and there are 38 Modifieds @ Saturdays practice @ Malta and more are expected for the race on Sunday. That should bring the total above 40 for the show on Sunday. Stefanik #66, Beers #9 and Hirschman #60 will also be there on Sunday. Hope everybody can make the trip up to Albany-Saratoga on Sunday should be a lot of fun.