PDA

View Full Version : People we need to do something!

chargerthunder
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Please people, we need to reach out to the cromarties and try to get this track in better shape. I drove in there the other day and it's a mess! Billboards down, flooding faded paint. Maybe we can all chip in a little time and give our beloved track a facelift. We need to take car of our track and make it presentable for our tv viewers and spectators.

Jaws
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Some tracks have a clean up day, where they provide some refreshments (And maybe some paint) and have fans come and help clean up.

NuStew7
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
:applause::applause: great idea Charger! It's about time we all got togethor and did somthing to improve our "home"!!! I for one will do whatever i can to help out! its a shame to see the only race track left on the island going downhill. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can arrange somthing and come up with some idea's! :applause::applause::applause:

SuperShafts
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure bet they haven't seen it yet, but when they do, something will be done.

Have you seen the new schedule....

latemodel34
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I will give up a sunday or two to help out . Any type of work needed. Just send me an email at latemodel34@aol... Any type of carpentry , light electrical. And any kind of communications work. Painting is ok too. Id be more than happy to spend some time at the track. I might not get out there again this year. I just ahd a little girl , and work is always picking up this time of year. Plus i didnt sell any of my charger stuff to fund the latemodel and i dont have any help yet. So why not lets do it. Rob

RacinRob
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
id help for sure, doubt they will accept the offer but if they did id be there in a heartbeat.

bulldozer
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Why doesnt someone make up a couple of cheap signs and stake them in the ground in front of riverhead raceway saying that it is free to get in the stands this week. Maybe draw a little interest.

DODGE99
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
yea you dont get to hear the word "free" at riverhead very often, i think thats a good idea. take advantage while ya can.

J.D.
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I havn't been out there in a while, how bad is it ?
Its a shame if the cromerties let the place run down, why dont they do something to make the place more family oriented. I also think its a shame you guys have to volunteer your time to do it yourselfs. why dont they promote Riverhead more, I dont understand it.
Riverhead could be a great track, and its the last one on the island.

Dave A
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
why doesnt someone make up a couple of cheap signs and stake them in the ground in front of riverhead raceway saying that it is free to get in the stands this week. Maybe draw a little interest.

great idea!!

Ka$h25
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I havn't been out there in a while, how bad is it ?
Its a shame if the cromerties let the place run down, why dont they do something to make the place more family oriented. I also think its a shame you guys have to volunteer your time to do it yourselfs. why dont they promote Riverhead more, I dont understand it.
Riverhead could be a great track, and its the last one on the island.

They didn't let the place run down. It just fell victim to a rough offseason worth of weather. I'm sure come opening day all will be back to normal. As far as family oriented, most of us will disagree. We want to see the track become more Racer oriented. They spend a lot of money on things to appeal to families and children that the drivers I'm sure would rather see spent on point funds and special events. I think there's a healthy balance between keeping the fans and drivers in harmony.

As far as us having to volunteer, Riverhead has always used it's own employees to do any work on the premises, they would never ask for volunteers.

Finally, Riverhead IS a great track, and that is WHY it's the last one on the island.

Can't wait for opening day.

unowho243
04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree kash it is a great track!

Anyway when My grandparents Tony and Estelle used to go in 2 weeks in a row before practice weeks and thoes were clean up weeks and they let me do painting and stuff and i was only about 10 years old when deborah handed me a paint brush lol so i dont think they would have a problem with it today ask them about it... its worth a shot

RickFigure8
04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Well actually back when Bob O'Rourke was there he did on occasion ask for help. One of the main times was to spend a couple days out there taking down the wooden press box which turned out to be quite a job. It's sad what it's come to with insurance costs and everyone who gets a splinter having to sue someone. In 86 I was asked to help out with the p.a. system about a week before opening day, a job I ended up having for 2 seasons.