PDA

View Full Version : "pushed" around

mcstockcar
04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
With an extra set of eyes(thanks Tim) we found that my upper control arms were backwards. I changed them around and now able to put in the proper negative camber in the RF wheel.;) Now the car shouldnt push thru the turns like it did at NES.I also scaled the car and put in a little stagger which there was none. My weight percentages were almost on the $$$$! And the car doesnt need to go on a diet-even with me in it.:p Now to mount the new fuel cell and it should be ready for the 9th!!!!!:cool: Oh yeah.....anyone got a 7.5 posi?????:help:

richardpetey
04-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Thats what I say, till I get my mandatory flat every race.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
04-17-2010, 09:21 PM
sounds like your ready to race ,i think ill try to follow you and tim around ,yeah right like that will happen lol maybe ever other lap lol , petey whats up with the tires ,? hope u get it dialed in for the 9th jack :cool:

mcstockcar
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Petey- you give new meaning to the word "runflat":lol:

gutter7
04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
You really scale an enduro car?
I like the Todorow approach, unload ,"tires still got air in em from last year, should be good"

Danger83Ranger
04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
haha, sounds like my approach, except i make sure theres at least 15 psi in my tires :lol::lol::lol:

my spare tire is still underneath the truck...

CJfilms
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I like the Todorow approach, unload ,"tires still got air in em from last year, should be good"

Tires still have air....and added weight still left in the car too!!!! Just imagine, if Steve takes that weight out before the next race.....he's going to be hard to pass!

gutter7
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I'll tell ya what, when he was given that flat and he went back out on a mission, I have
NEVER seen him run that car that hard. He was setiing a blistering pace and if i'm not mistaken, passed just about every one twice in that short period of time.

mcstockcar
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Yes I do. I want to know what im up against. A car that pushes, or one thats loose. I find the front to rear weight percentage and what part of the car all the weights on. The new car has and excellent weight ratio, on the other hand, my 72 Cutlass is nose heavy esp. on the right side. That there is going to be a handfull on the track.

AK17
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll tell ya what, when he was given that flat and he went back out on a mission, I have
NEVER seen him run that car that hard. He was setiing a blistering pace and if i'm not mistaken, passed just about every one twice in that short period of time.

He has one heck of a pit crew too. I remember seeing him pull off with a flat and thought that I might actually have a chance of beating him for a change. He couldn't have been in the pits for more than two laps and then went back out there and ran circles around everybody. He will be tough to beat all year.

Erin C
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Steve was actually out for about 4 laps if I remember correctly. I was watching to see how many times the leader passed the start finish line until he came out because I wanted to see how quickly he could make the positions up. It was insane...I still can't believe that car was not touched all winter AND the weight from last year was in there still! I was in shock when Joe told me about the weight because I was expecting that would have at least have been one thing he would have done.