PDA

View Full Version : Radio's in Figure 8's???????

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Just want to know how you feel about figure 8's can NOT use radio's this year?????
I don't think it's a good idea. What's you feelings?

RacinRob
04-18-2010, 07:48 PM
it has its pros and cons...at mountain the only division that can use radios is the modifieds. If i'm not mistaken the late models can't even use them. Might make for better racing...less blocking less intentional wrecks, and less outside influence. On the other hand might be bad for drivers with less experience that need a "coach" on the radios. Just my opinion.

Tommyj16
04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I thinks its great.

Duke22
04-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Pathetic! What is the logic? You don't need a radio to block, you need a mirror. I was informed of things that I didn't know about through the radio. Who thinks these things up? Then again, somebody thought the cones were a good idea and they're still there.

unowho243
04-19-2010, 09:28 AM
A lot of wrecks at the X im guessing this year

Fkraft99
04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Ran for 50 years without them. If the people that were on the radios just spotted the race and let the drivers drive, then it wouldnt be so bad. But the problem comes in when the people watching the race are telling the driver what to do.

Golf Guy
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Ran for 50 years without them. If the people that were on the radios just spotted the race and let the drivers drive, then it wouldnt be so bad. But the problem comes in when the people watching the race are telling the driver what to do.

Very well put. And this could probably be posted in almost every division.

Tower Man
04-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I believe the decision to take the radios away from the Figure 8's was due to the misuse of the radio. the Chiefs should have held that radio person and driver accountable for their actions and not penalize the entire division.

Tommyj16
04-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I believe the decision to take the radios away from the Figure 8's was due to the misuse of the radio. the Chiefs should have held that radio person and driver accountable for their actions and not penalize the entire division.

I agree w/ Tower Man, but how would they police this? that is why they are gone.

And to quote putting "spotters out of work " I would say only 5 cars had spotters the 85,58,28,66,13 if there were more they were not on the radio every race.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
First of all Tommy the 58's radio man, radioed from Heaven last year!! :*-( :*-(
The I agree with racing Rob, I think the one's with "Less Experience" should have a radio like the 66 and 85. The 13, 28, 34 and 58 have been racing long enough to know how to drive without them, and have raced without them!!

unowho243
04-20-2010, 03:54 PM
speaking about the fig 8's are there any new drivers this year or any old ones coming back?

67stang
04-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I heard tom rogers is looking at coming back......

figure849
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I heard tom rogers is looking at coming back......

That would be great for the division.

unowho243
04-23-2010, 09:52 AM
yes it would be great hes a great driver he just needs to keep his cool thats all i enjoy watching tommy race! i miss that old color changing dodge he used to run that car looked sick

RickFigure8
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Ah, radios. It's kinda funny that I have never really seen much of a need for radios in our division seeing that I think I was the very first person to ever have a radio in a figure8 car. I had one in my car in 1977, an E F Johnson business band CB 2 way. I do believe they are good to coach rookies but the coach has to be someone who has a clue and that's all I'll say there. As far as used during the race there was very little I could ever tell Tom that he didn't already know himself. Anything that happens close enough to the driver that it's going to affect him or her cannot be forewarned quickly enough over the radio for it to make a difference. I feel during a caution the radio is most important. Is a tire going down, is the car leaking or is there damage the driver is or isn't aware of and should pit. When used properly there's nothing wrong with having them. Coaching is good with the proper coach. Tom has helped a number of new drivers in all divisions to improve.