PDA

View Full Version : Tranponder/Mylaps results??

Philter39
04-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Big Diamond had the results posted by the time I got home.Any chance of Grandview's Mylaps results being posted any time soon? phil

Poppop
04-19-2010, 05:08 AM
You don't realey want an answer to that, do you Phil.:lol: I passed you on 61 on my way home from EZ-pull heading the opposite way. Congratulations on 3rd. place. I found that on Mylaps.

Erin C
04-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Again...we explain this every race...

We don't control the laptop...if we had it it would be up immediately. We have to wait for the transponder operator to regain control of the laptop...when we took the laptop the day before the event we had to upload GV's previous 2 races as well.

Also...we had an anonymous donation of a brand new lap top for the speedway and they are trying to get that in order as well so it is up and functioning properly...

I will have Joe send the operator a message to get an ETA on when it is up...

I know how difficult it is to wait but it is difficult for us too because we would love to see it posted up immediately not only because it is only right but also to avoid having to explain over and over again WHY it is not up through no fault of our own...

Sorry...

CJfilms
04-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Typically....

Typically, the week following our event, the operator uploads the Saturday night event along with the NEETS event.

Last few races last season took place after their regular Saturday night events were completed, therefore a special trip had to be made to both pick up the computer from the track and drop it off again.

The results should be online soon!

Philter39
04-19-2010, 08:00 AM
You don't realey want an answer to that, do you Phil.:lol: I passed you on 61 on my way home from EZ-pull heading the opposite way. Congratulations on 3rd. place. I found that on Mylaps.

Sounds like you were headed in the wrong direction. phil

Philter39
04-19-2010, 08:05 AM
My post was meant to be a comparison between a racetrack that has kept up with technology
And another that has not.

phil

CJfilms
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Understood... :)

Danger83Ranger
04-19-2010, 08:43 AM
another thumbs up to the awesome big diamond facility! :)

Erin C
04-19-2010, 08:49 AM
hahaha...we are TRYING to help GV with their technology...with the new laptop we may possibly (POSSIBLY being the key word) be able to tether Joe's phone at the conclusion of the event and upload before I get back in the pits...the laptop has to be set up and the software for tethering has to be properly installed, though. It is a work in process and the new laptop was the first BIG step in doing that because their old laptop was not reading any disks at all and only 1 of the USB ports worked...this new laptop is fully functional and *hopefully* work in our best interest.

NeetsSpectator
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Here's a suggestion.

With the Orbits program, you can export the race results in csv format.
Save them on a USB flash drive.
When you get home, import the csv file into excel.
Post the excel file on racerhub.com or neetsracing.com
Everyone can download the file and view it with excel viewer.
Whiner problem solved!

Danger83Ranger
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
hmmm interesting...

Erin C
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
haha...did you ever see the spit out of the csv file it gives you?! There's SOOO many rows and columns that I think we would have too many questions on what everything means!

Also, even if that would make everyone happy, the laptop that they are currently using is on its last limbs and doesn't recognize mass storage devices anymore from its only working USB port for some reason, until they get the new laptop up and running there is really nothing that we can do...when that laptop is running we can try tethering the cellphone to get an internet connection because it literally is only 2 clicks to upload with a live internet connection and if the tethering doesn't work then I will export the csv files and try to delete all the unimportant items.

NeetsSpectator
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
The first line of the file is the header information.
I downloaded the demo version of Orbits and exported one of the races.
I was able to open the file and export it to an xls file.
The demo file is attached.

Just trying to help out.

RGeeProductions
04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
The first line of the file is the header information.
I downloaded the demo version of Orbits and exported one of the races.
I was able to open the file and export it to an xls file.
The demo file is attached.

Just trying to help out.

MyLaps lays out the race as a race with all cars. Your file is broken into per car only.
Also, that file will be at least 4x longer if there were 40 cars in the file.
Joe's statement on being confusing is very valid.

Erin C
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM

hahaha...it was Erin's statement!!! :)

Well...we are one in the same so I will give you that one ;)

Erin C
04-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Another thing to add here...it would be more than 40x longer because it would be 100 laps and 40+ cars, and then the confusing part comes when everyone is not on the lead lap...and that is only one event of the day.

But don't worry, we are making efforts to get this posted quickly while we have the laptop in our possession during the race thanks to our anonymous donator :applause:

richardpetey
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Why doesn't Kenny R. use that state of art communication device that we gave him at the banquet..........................:confused:
Maybe he needs more detailed instruction on its operating procedure, it was a very complicated system for that "NECK" of the woods....................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
hahaha...I actually think we have that...I don't think he took it home with him. I remember seeing it when we were packing some things up at our house to get stored away until we sell and move out of this house.

NeetsSpectator
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
MyLaps lays out the race as a race with all cars. Your file is broken into per car only.

Why is everybody so pessimistic?

I did my homework, I downloaded the program, I checked out what it can do, but I made the mistake of using "export lap times" as an example instead of "export race results".

It's the same data as mylaps.com uses. (see attachment)

Be Optimistic.
Don't be so quick to dismiss an idea.

RGeeProductions
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Why is everybody so pessimistic?

I did my homework, I downloaded the program, I checked out what it can do, but I made the mistake of using "export lap times" as an example instead of "export race results".

It's the same data as mylaps.com uses. (see attachment)

Be Optimistic.
Don't be so quick to dismiss an idea.
Sorry, I just replied to what you posted...that's all...

Erin C
04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I am not dismissing it...I said I will try to use it if we can't get the tethering to work when the new laptop is ready...I am just afraid of the million questions that will be asked about what everything means while we are working on getting everything back together the whole week after the race because when we exported all the info from Orbitz into a csv file it didn't look that neat, lol.

Our work is like a full time job on top of our normal full time jobs and I am just afraid that the introduction of the csv file if the tethering doesn't work is going to cause lots of confusion and a swarm of questions that I may or may not have the time to answer, but I am willing to give it a try IF that makes everyone happy...

If the old laptop is still being used at the next race, this is out of the question because it simply cannot read a mass storage device and it cannot write a disk because the whole cd/dvd drive is busted, hence the reason they need a new one badly.