PDA

View Full Version : Water in the "X"

Tommyj16
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Does anyone have any idea if the X is cleared of the water yet???????
I have heard the track keeps pumping it out but it keeps seeping thru :confused:

fisherman
04-23-2010, 02:06 AM
water table is very high till it drops they,ll be water. the water keepsa risen on town roads also. better change them gears for the oval for practice

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
No Figure 8's!! Till further notice!! :(:(
We all will be getting official notification this week... I think it might be on the "Eye on Riverhead". The middle of the track still has water coming through the asphalt, as of Sunday afternoon.

RickFigure8
04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Back some years the middle of the island had rain like that after a bad winter. The area around the Bavarian Inn on Portion Rd by Lake Ronkonkoma had this same problem and it took months for the water table to drop enough for Portion Rd to stay dry. The Bavarian Inn had to have their own cesspool truck on site as the cesspools were not usable. They had to raise the level of the parking lot and repave it so it was above the lake. Across Portion Rd there was a road that went to Gibbs Pond Rd that was totally under water, closed and never reopened. To this day I think the water is still above where that road was. I hope it's not going to be the same situation in Riverhead. Bob Finan knows right where I mean as he lived right there for some time.