PDA

View Full Version : NJMP JUNE 20th DAD's Day at the Races!!

BUFFMOTORSPORTS
04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
If Dad Loves Racin' and Rubbin'
THE BATTLE AT NJMP HAS BEGUN!
Dirt Racing Giants Billy Pauch and Doug Hoffman
Headline the Entry List forHistoricFather's Day
"Dirt Modified FAST 50" on Thunderbolt Raceway

Track Champs Wade Hendrickson, Rick Laubach in the Lineup

"In all my years of racing, this is one of coolest deals I have ever encountered. I think you're going to get a great turnout of dyed in the wool dirt track racing fans. I have always loved racing on asphalt and the opportunity to compete and possibly win this historic event would be one of the greatest achievements in my career."
Doug Hoffman, Dirt Modified Champion

Plus 2-Hour Iron Man Street Stocks Enduro
and Vintage Stock Cars Added in Exciting Undercard

April 27 and May 25 Evening Test Sessions Open to Public

On Father's Day, June 20, racing history will be written at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ as a huge field of highly powered Big Block and Small Block dirt modifieds takes the green flag for the Inaugural "Dirt Modified FAST 50." Newly branded as "RoadMods," these racers will compete together in their first ever dirt modifieds road race on the challenging 2.25 mile Thunderbolt Raceway. The first 50 cars to pre-register will be guaranteed starters in the 50 mile, 22 lap feature race. Starting positions will be determined by time trials.

According to track official Don Fauerbach, "From our initial announcement in January of this unique and history making event at the Area Auto Racing Motorsports 2010 Expo, interest has sky rocketed and entries are arriving on a regular basis moving toward the first fifty mark as guaranteed starters." In discussion with drivers and car owners, Fauerbach said, "It is evident there is a passion to become part of motorsports history as participants in this extraordinary race."

Presenting Sponsors for the Father's Day races already include: MIDSTATE Communications, Overhead Door of South Jersey and Burlington County, Lilliston Ford, Jeep & Dodge, and Battelini Transportation & Wrecker Sales. Companies interested in sponsoring this historical weekend should contact Donald Fauerbach at dfauerbach@njmp.com or 856/327-7201.

Test sessions will be open to the public on Tuesday afternoons, April 27 and May 25 starting at 5:30 PM, enabling teams to practice with various suspension and gear setups and provide an opportunity for the drivers to find the "fast lines" around this challenging circuit. Spectators will have direct entrance to the garages and entire paddock for full access to the race cars and drivers for the two test dates. Gates open at 5 PM, adults at $5 each and children under 12 are free.

Tickets for the full day of races on Father's Day are $12 in advance online at www.njmp.com and $15 at the gate and children 12 and under are free, with all spectators having full access to the cold pits and garages. Gates open at 9 AM, with Vintage Races and practice beginning at 10 AM, RoadMods Qualifying and practice at 1 PM, The Dirt Modified FAST 50 at 3 PM, and the Outlaw Street Stocks 2-Hour Iron Man Enduro starts at 4:30 PM.

There will also be a beer garden with burgers, BBQ and dogs for Dad to relax and enjoy his day at the races.

Renowned dirt racer Doug Hoffman has announced that he will drive a Big Block Modified for veteran car owner Sal DeBruno of Vineland NJ. DeBruno, who will field four drivers in his immaculate Burlington Overhead Door Company speedsters said, "What a thrill, after all these years in racing to be part of such an exciting new event with our team, headed by Doug Hoffman, one of the greatest dirt racers of all time. We are certain that Doug's considerable paved track experience will be most helpful in preparing for and running this historic race." The very talented Ritchie Pratt Jr., Brett Ballard and Neil Williams round out this solid team.

Hoffman, a former Syracuse Super Dirt Week Champion and winner of almost 500 feature victories, and numerous track championships was ecstatic at having the opportunity to go road racing on Thunderbolt. "In all my years of racing, this is one of coolest deals I have ever encountered. I think you're going to get a great turnout of dyed in the wool dirt track racing fans. I have always loved racing on asphalt and the opportunity to compete and possibly win would be one of the greatest achievements in my career."

Legendary driver Billy Pauch, winner of over 600 features in Big and Small Blocks and numerous track championships, expressed his enthusiasm, "I really never thought that I'd have such a unique opportunity to participate in this revolutionary racing experience. Having the chance to have two open test sessions prior to race day should enable us to establish a baseline for car setup and learn the track. This is going to be fun!"

BPG/Hooters Tri-Track Series and New Egypt Speedway Champion Rick Laubach was among the first to sign up. According to Laubach, "We're thrilled about participating in this really special race. Getting the proper setup for the car and learning the course will be very challenging. It can only help heighten spectator interest in our exciting form of racing."

Bridgeport Speedway "hot shoe" and 2009 Modified track champion Wade Hendrickson expressed his enthusiasm for this exceptional event, "I can't wait for the opportunity to race on the lightning fast Thunderbolt course at NJMP and compete for the incredible trophy that Millville metal artisan Ken Smith has created. You have to see this trophy to believe it!"

Two-time Bridgeport 358 Champion Jesse Hill was the first driver to sign up for this historic race. "We are thrilled to be part of this and I am convinced that the 358s will compete very well against the Big Blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the small blocks comes home first."

His father, car owner Bill Hill who has a rich racing heritage on the dirt ovals said, "We approached the December test session with some concerns and found that the car performed beautifully. We are tickled pink! This is going to be a memorable event, and we want that trophy."

During the Motorsports Expo in January and in subsequent meetings, NJMP officials and regional dirt track owners discussed plans for cross promotional partnerships. "With our modified races on both Father's Day and as part of the August 14-15 ARCA stock car weekend, we recognize that working together in cross promoting our race facilities will help us all to broaden our fan base. These races will certainly appeal to the legions of dirt track racing fans throughout the region," Fauerbach stated. "Certainly our broad base of road racing fans will have a great opportunity to become acquainted with a wonderfully exciting form of racing."

In addition to the exciting RoadMods coming to NJMP, the Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club will return once again with an extensive display of historically significant vintage race cars, legendary drivers reunion, and their popular demonstration races on Thunderbolt Raceway.

Also on Father's Day, a large field of Dirt Track Outlaw Street Stocks from Bridgeport and New Egypt Speedways will run for the cash in the "Inaugural Iron Man Two Hour Endurance Race." These cars, soon to be known as "StreetMods," will also be striving to be the first recipient of the "Iron Man Enduro Trophy," also specially crafted by Ken Smith.

For participant and spectator information, please contact Donald Fauerbach at 856/327-7201 or dfauerbach@njmp.com