PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8's on The Oval?

KnK Racing
04-24-2010, 07:35 PM
just wanted to know how many drivers would race on the oval this week being the infield is still flooded?

Tommyj16
04-24-2010, 10:28 PM
we all want to race just need to know what course before Sat. to set up cars.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Just found out that the Figure 8's will be canceled untill further notice!! I don't even think we will be able to run on the oval. The track is looking at maybe June till we will be able to run on the 8!! :(:help::confused:

fisherman
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM
run with the late models to have a full field

figure849
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Is this offical ?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
We all will be getting official notification this week... I think it might be on the "Eye on Riverhead" The middle of the track still has water coming through the asphalt, as of Sunday afternoon.

Ka$h25
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
It's pretty scary really. The water levels are out of control and it's not exactly the driest time of year. I'm sure to us it seems like an easy decision to run the oval in the meantime, but I can't say I really expect it. Maybe they can give the figure8 guys a couple rule exceptions to run with the Chargers?

The only other thing I wonder, if they pump out the water Saturday morning, slot the figure8's as the first feature, maybe the infield is a little more managable.

But it can't hurt to write some emails and hope something happens.

unowho243
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Id say let em run with the charger.... or like kash said pump it out early saturday see if we can get it in

fisherman
04-26-2010, 08:19 PM
water comes back to fast and the pavement might be sinking not a good thing for you guys

Jaws
04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Would the figure 8's even be competitive with the Chargers?

Tommyj16
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM
would have to change some things engine wise but i belive some fig-8 guys have lm front ends so maybe even don't know?:confused:

KnK Racing
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM
According to my dad, if we were to go and race with the Chargers then the best we could do is 5th at the most. They have more motor then are cars and we have more suspension. So for any guy that does want to run that bad we will have to wait and see how they do

Tommyj16
04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
What it comes down to is what are we going to tell our sponors that have given money and used for body panels pnt so on and so on. we need to have our cars exposed and if we need to run on the oval as a division or w/ another so be it. unless you do not have any sponsors then you can stay home and wait this out, but to go out and run for at best a 5th I think is wrong TK ran a back of hot laps behind some chargers and was passing cas on the outside and he can say running w/ the chargers is better than not running at all. I think we need some of our division leaders Roger, TK, Ralph to have a meeting w/ track and come to an agreement on some sort of exposure. just can not stay home.
I know I missed some time last season for personal reasons, what ever. My crew and team owner have spent alot of time working on 2 cars and owner Mike has spent alot of his own and sponsor money and is very upset. We need to do something here guys this is the time to show how the FIG-8 GUYS stick together NOT STAY HOME THIS COULD RUIN OUR DIVISION

PS maybe all fig-8 cars should go to track sat. line up in the shoot for practice and run oval show track we are here to run and maybe they will consider letting us running w/ another or as our own division

leah28racing
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Dad spoke to cappiello, and Mike says that if we are willing to switch to charger rules we can run with them. Arne and my Dad are gonna run

Tommyj16
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
what rules are they refering to.

leah28racing
04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
not exactly sure...im sure my dad knows... ill pm u his number

Tommyj16
04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Lia, just spoke w/ Roger Manor as per Track allowed to run w/ charger division a is. You may change you car but not needed. But there is alot of work to change the car over from the "8" set up to the oval. well see.

leah28racing
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
you think you would know how to spell my name by now Tom lol. especially when the comment above yours is me.....:)

Tommyj16
04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Its been a while so I have to bust your shoes some how lol thanks again Lia:D

leah28racing
04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
they need to add smiley face with the tongue out lol......

see you soon Tom(smartass)

The Bullfather
04-27-2010, 03:48 PM
:p:p:p lia leah :lol: see you Saturday.:)

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I think you guys are CRAZY!! Just my opinion! You guys will ruin the Figure 8 division, I think the track will just say, the hell with fixing the figure 8 course and you guys can just run with the chargers, for the charger pay off. I think as long as we stick together as a divison we will be able to keep the divison together!! Even if we as a figure 8 divison run on the oval! I also heard that they will make up our shows on weeks we are off. Like I said, Just my opinion, running with the chargers is MISTAKE!! I do understand the sponsor thing, but if they will give us our missed nights back on our nights off your sponsors would make out better, in the summer when the weather is warmer, makes for more fans.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Ka$h25
04-28-2010, 03:41 AM
In my opinion, there's no way in hell that the Cromarty's or Bob Finan will let the figure-8 division fade off into the night. It may be a while before the track is suitable but once it is I believe that we'll be back.

Tommyj16
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Dor, maybe your right but I think Staying home just won't work the old saying out of sight out of mind. even if as a dvision we could go to track do some pace laps let Bob Finan talk about us drivers and our sponsors. and show the fans we are ready when track is ready. Just a thought.

Kash, I hope the track will be ready soon You know that we have worked hard on our cars to not race sucks but what ift he track does not dry up. then we all will be forced to race other divisions

Tommyj16
04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Just rec world from team owner Debbie. we are going to wait a week or 2 at most and decide what we are going to do. Racing w/ the charges is not what our sponsors want us to do. they are willing for us to wait 2 weeks then it is up to us if we decide to race. W/ that being said I hope the Track DRYS QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!! And good luck to those who are racing this week w/ the charges.

j-rod
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
besides the track infield, there are still a couple other areas in the town that are very low lying. the other areas are osborn ave. and manor ln. they have been under water(and closed) for probably 6 weeks and the water really hasnt gone down much at all. its gunna take a while for the water table to go down

figure849
04-28-2010, 06:00 PM
What Roger told me is figure 8's can run with the chargers, figure 8 rules as far as the car, with charger tires.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
04-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Artie, why don't Roger just go run with the Late Models? Just save his Figure 8 car for when we can run again.

leah28racing
04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Because my dad has racing fever and he just wants to run. Latemodel isn't my fathers car. My dad did alot of changing.... new body and lettering,new bumpers etc to get it ready for opening day. Excited to run. Now that fig 8's aren't running, He already has changed set up etc to run the oval for this week.

racingboi1991
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
yea we all know he got racing fevor lmao .. but he is one of the best racers there.. and probly finish somewhere in the top 5

bulldozer
04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
I guess that means i get a shot at running figure eights this year too. Then its mods and ill have done the sweep.

Tommyj16
04-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Bring it on Bulldozer the more cars the more exciting in the Fig-8 hey your Dad raced for TK a couple of times and in years past hey whats another division any way chargers, trucks, legends, Fig-8's?? Mods??by the time it came to race the fig-8 at nights end you might need to take a nap lol.

Golf Guy
04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Wish I was going, I think it is awesome Roger is running with the Charges!!

fisherman
04-30-2010, 08:35 PM
run the fig8 cars the opposite way on the oval that would be a good race be aND STILL UNIQUE

WEEZER
04-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Yea that's a really good idea and WTF, why not run demo cars too so they can only hit cars with a 5 or 9 in their number.

Teds Race Tours
05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
run the fig8 cars the opposite way on the oval that would be a good race be aND STILL UNIQUE

How about this until the infield is raceable? I am thinking about a 20 lap feature. 10 Clockwise and then a caution. Then turn them around and run 10 counterclockwise to the finish. This was, they still get to run lefts and right. Maybe when they are running clockwise, put a cone on the backstretch where the cars have to run under to keep the speeds down a little.