PDA

View Full Version : Stafford Sizzler Postponed

MOD11RACER
04-25-2010, 08:01 AM
The Stafford Spring Sizzler has been postponed.

limodmaniac
04-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Saturday May 1 same schedule as today

Teds Race Tours
04-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Great...Thanks. It would be even better if they could move up the start time, and the WMT Mods could go 1st on the schedule and Allow everybody to still get to their regular Saturday Night Shows.

JED
04-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Sets up a Stafford to Mad Dog double header!

BOWATCHER
04-25-2010, 09:24 AM
it really stinks you have a whole month of Sundays ahead of us and they have to really complicate matters by doing it on a sat. So lets see waterford, the head, MRS etc have fun entertaining half a grandstand JMO:applause::applause:

Sicklajoie
04-25-2010, 09:36 AM
it really stinks you have a whole month of Sundays ahead of us and they have to really complicate matters by doing it on a sat. So lets see waterford, the head, MRS etc have fun entertaining half a grandstand JMO:applause::applause:
So you'd rather have the teams tow up for a Sunday, take the chance of having it rain and have to tow back the following weekend rather than them try to run on a Saturday with a rain date for the following day?

limodmaniac
04-25-2010, 09:55 AM
It does make it harder for everyone when you have two races the same day, but yup, I agree would hate to see them schedule it for Sunday and get rained out again.

As for me, I'm heading to Monadnock right after Stafford.

and yes, would be great if Stafford ran the mods 2nd in the program. Get them done as early as possible.

SUfan
04-25-2010, 10:24 AM
A 3:15 start per the press release will make it tough to get to Monadnock in time for the Mod heat races, which normally run at around 7pm. Anyone know how long the 200 took to run last year? I'm guessing a 5:30 finish time?

Howie
04-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Last years Sizzler is listed as taking 1 hr., 40 min., 59 sec.

Jaws
04-25-2010, 11:43 AM
It definatly will not help the crowd, but does set up an interesting double, my second race will be home!

night gent
04-25-2010, 12:16 PM
So you'd rather have the teams tow up for a Sunday, take the chance of having it rain and have to tow back the following weekend rather than them try to run on a Saturday with a rain date for the following day?

Don't quite get the logic. If that is the case Lajoie, why aren't they all scheduled for saturday!

BigMac
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
The teams already lost because they have to make a second trip. They should have postponed this whole weekend on Friday. There was never much of a chance for them to get the race in today. i would have much rather have seen a Friday night Sizzler. Qualifying is done so they could have run features only.

KyleMac45
04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
This is from the Stafford Motor Speedway website:

"The postponed CARQUEST Tech-Net Spring Sizzler will be run on Saturday, May 1st with a rain date of Sunday, May 2nd. The paddock area will open at 7:00am and Stafford's famous CARQUEST Belts and Hose Pit Party will kick things off from 11:15am-12:15 pm. Following the CARQUEST Belts and Hose Pit Party will be practice sessions for Stafford's SK Modified® and Late Model divisions from 12:30pm-1:00pm with the Whelen Modified Tour practicing from 1:00pm-1:30pm. Feature racing will begin at 2:00pm with the 40-lap SK Modified® feature. The 30-lap Late Model feature will follow the SK Modified® feature and the 200-lap CARQUEST Tech-Net Spring Sizzler for the Whelen Modified Tour will take the green flag at approximately 3:15pm and will close out the day's racing activities. Rain checks for today's CARQUEST Tech-Net Spring Sizzler will be honored on Saturday, May 1st."

More info click HERE (http://www.staffordspeedway.com)

Kyle M.

RGeeProductions
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Saturday May 1 same schedule as today

Actually the race is now to start about 3:15 not 2:30 as originally scheduled.

Teds Race Tours
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Again, this is GOING TO HURT STAFFORD at the Gate. If the Scheduled the WMT as a 1pm start, it would give everybody PLENTY of time to make their saturday night shows, be it Monadnock, Riverhead...wherever. many people are commited to being at the Saturday night shows, and that will prevent them from Attending the Sizzler. I agree with the saturday rain date, I just disagree with the start time.

Jaws
04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Again, this is GOING TO HURT STAFFORD at the Gate. If the Scheduled the WMT as a 1pm start, it would give everybody PLENTY of time to make their saturday night shows, be it Monadnock, Riverhead...wherever. many people are commited to being at the Saturday night shows, and that will prevent them from Attending the Sizzler. I agree with the saturday rain date, I just disagree with the start time.

Could not agree more, Sat is not like Sunday, they can fire up the cars before noon, shorten the Pit Party, Practice earlier.

KyleMac45
04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
I disagree,

I think it may give some fans more time to get there, especially those who work... I think fans who already have tickets and passes for this event WILL BE THERE! Rain checks will be honored the track said...

Kyle

BigMac
04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Obviously those who already bought tickets will show up again. However, I don' think the crowd will suffer as much as many think. Fans always show up for tour. I think the amount of people who will go to another track is small. If people are worked up about high ticket prices I'm pretty sure they're not going to jump in a car and drive another 50-100 miles and pay an additional $20 for a second race. I know some folks on this board will do it but the average fan won't. What it does do is create a lot of logistical issues for team members and drivers who have Saturday commitments. Who knows, maybe it will rain again and all of this will become a mute point.

KyleMac45
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Obviously those who already bought tickets will show up again. However, I don' think the crowd will suffer as much as many think. Fans always show up for tour. I think the amount of people who will go to another track is small. If people are worked up about high ticket prices I'm pretty sure they're not going to jump in a car and drive another 50-100 miles and pay an additional $20 for a second race. I know some folks on this board will do it but the average fan won't. What it does do is create a lot of logistical issues for team members and drivers who have Saturday commitments. Who knows, maybe it will rain again and all of this will become a mute point.

I agree with you 100% ... just don't mention the "r" word... right now its 71 an sunny for stafford next week! :)

MandyB
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
I agree with you 100% ... just don't mention the "r" word... right now its 71 an sunny for stafford next week! :)

Things always change between now and then. And I always start looking at the weather report about two days before an event there (I'm there on a weekly basis - checking out the weather report is common for me at this time of year). I learn to keep my mind off of the weather on a Monday or so when the event isn't for a few days. That's just me, however...

Axel
04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I was gonna go yesterday and was hoping that they would re-sched for Sunday instead of Saturday. Abt 95% certain I wont be able to make it on SAT.

Teds Race Tours
04-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Stafford gets ALOT of Long Islanders that come up for the race. Hundreds come by Ferry, Car, and TedsRaceTours.Com busload. They are now forced to choose between Stafford and opening Night at Riverhead, when a simple 12:30 Race Time for the WMT could enable both to be Watched and Enjoyed. Lets just say 300 Long Islanders would normally come. If half stay on Long Island, well Stafford just lost about $4500 in sales, but who am I to talk, I'm just one of those that have to decide.

limodmaniac
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Teddy , you and I think alike. Too bad we're not promoters of a track. We'd do it right!

Howie
04-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Teddy , you and I think alike. Too bad we're not promoters of a track. We'd do it right!

I'd be willing to bet that what ever you did "right", there'd be people telling you that you didn't do it right and should have done it their way. :)

RGeeProductions
04-26-2010, 11:11 PM
mmmm.... Stafford, 200 laps of WMT, then Monadnock for 100 laps of MRS....
mmmm... I think timing is about right....
Not really sure Stafford's gate will hurt here...
And Howie is dead on, no matter what time it would be, it would be wrong to someone....
Ted's 2 race tour trip, mmmmmm....
(Please don't get me wrong here as I am not happy missing Riverhead's opener, but a one time 200 lapper for WMT @ Stafford vs. 1 week of Riverhead's whole season from a modified fan's perspective?)

Sicklajoie
04-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I'd be willing to bet that what ever you did "right", there'd be people telling you that you didn't do it right and should have done it their way. :)

Especially the weekly divisions that support the track every week that would get stuck running on a junk race track after all the Tour rubber has been laid down.

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2010, 11:29 AM
mmmm.... Stafford, 200 laps of WMT, then Monadnock for 100 laps of MRS....
mmmm... I think timing is about right....
Not really sure Stafford's gate will hurt here...
And Howie is dead on, no matter what time it would be, it would be wrong to someone....
Ted's 2 race tour trip, mmmmmm....
(Please don't get me wrong here as I am not happy missing Riverhead's opener, but a one time 200 lapper for WMT @ Stafford vs. 1 week of Riverhead's whole season from a modified fan's perspective?)

I cancelled the Stafford Bus Trip...I'm not fighting opening night, and running a bus to lose money.

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2010, 11:50 AM

Yeah, but those people don't make as much sense as LIMM and I....:)

Bobby1717
04-28-2010, 09:01 AM
I think we should have a motorcade from Stafford to Monadnock with the LI Manic leading the parade. That would be a site seeing all the cars file in line.

TourFan Ed
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Now that they have set a precedent of scheduling the race for a Saturday what do you think of doing that in the future. Run a Shootout schedule. Have the practice as they do on Friday then qualify the weekly divisions. Saturday tour practice two or three features time trials the rest of the weekly features then the Sizzler. You have Sunday for a rain date if needed.